April 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by ashsaves1005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff had a weird honey smell, but obviously you would get that if it's made with honey...Anyway, I didn't really like this chapstick. I don't like the little scrubbies in it. Totally hurt my lips after a while. And it was waxy, a lot waxier than other Burt's Bees chapsticks I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by NioneEurantale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite lip balms. I love the honey smell and flavor and that I can use it often with out beginning to feel waxy. I have no issues using this under lipstick or glosses. The only reason I didn't give it a five is I wish it would last a little longer so I didn't have to apply so often.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Has a nauseating rosemary smell. Reminds me of a stinky daycare for some reason. I use this on the soles of my feet because I can't stand having it so close to my nose! If you want to use Burt's Bees lip balm I suggest sticking to the original peppermint lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by emily420

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really enjoy Burt's Bees lip balms. they rock ;)
this one is good, but the packaging SUCKS. i bought mine from WalMart, and when i came home, i opened it up, and the lip balm was stuck ontop of the cap. so i had to use my fingers and get it off, so that wasted a bit of it. other than that, its really great, but i like the pomagranit one better,

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I sort of agree with the majority about the scent of this lip balm. It is a strange smell, not necessarily a bad smell, just a little strange. Although, I did take a whiff of actual honey and realized that this lip balm is pretty darn close-- maybe a little less sweet smelling.

I actually like how this lip balm feels on my lips. I cannot stand super moisturizing, sticky, slimey, gooey stuff on my lips, such as Vaseline. I only use Vaseline if my lips are extremely, unbearably chapped. Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm applies smoothly and moisturizes my lips without making them feel sticky or slimey. It feels natural and I hardly notice it. All that I notice is that my lips smell like honey and feel really soft and kissable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

As a lip balm, this is decent. It feels drier going on than some others. It seems like I have to apply more in order for my lips to slide easily when I rub them together, although it doesn't seem to dry out my lips at all. It doesn't give a sheen as many other balms do, either. And it's definitely superior to the original formula I tried a few years ago that seemed to make my lips even drier than before. However, the scent is so odd and strong that I won't repurchase after I finish out the tube. Perhaps there's some difference between the "honey" behind this product and the honey I've tasted and smelled (including fragranced beauty products) elsewhere, but it's definitely not the sweet, somewhat comforting smell I was hoping for.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Panda_Attack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I don't mind the smell of the product like some people do, I have to admit I was expecting more with the reputation Burt's Bees has. Before wearing lipstick/liner etc I like to put gloss on my lips because they tend to be dry. The base I usually use: Rosebud Salve or Vaseline can change the look of the lipstick and make it almost slide... so for the purpose of putting down a base before wearing lip product - this chapstick is awesome. However in terms of what it actually does for your lips in term of moisturizing them... well plain old vaseline is better for that purpose. I found this to not be very rich, and needed frequent reapplication. Would buy this again only if I can't find another good base for lipsticks.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ally176

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't like this at all, but have been using it on my cuticles so it doesn't go to waste. I won't purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ellezoe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Contrairy to most people here, I love this lipbalm more then the original! Nothing bad about it! I always freak out if I can't find one of my 3 tubes. Enjoy!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by janetrachel75

I really hate this lip balm. It really stinks and tastes bad. But, it does work to smooth out my dry lips so I gave it 2 lippies. I would not buy again.