Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

3.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), honey, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, benzyl benzoate, coumarin.

on 10/7/2010 6:51:00 PM

I've found that Burt's Bees chapsticks give me small pimples around my mouth from the highly comedogenic oils they use. I like a lot of Burt's Bees products but have decided not to use their chapsticks anymore. So if you have acne issues I recommend not putting anything with coconut oil on your face, it rates 4/5 on the comedogenic scale.

on 10/6/2010 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

very mixed reviews for this product oh how complicated the beauty business is!!! I do not have very dry lips just dry enough though to always need a balm first thing in the morning after a wash and maybe once or twice in the day but no chapping or cracking or flaking. This balm works just fine for me it is the nicest natural/ non-chemical balm I have used, other natural organic stuff has been basically olive oil.

I like that the product is quite firm, I can massage it into my lips you can apply quite a bit and it wont feel heavy or waxy. Is has a love or loathe smell to it I find it comforting its a much milder olive oil scent than other natural products with a faint whiff of honey.

I find the balm does its job is soothing and pleasant to use. It is not greasey or shiny like vaseline and I find it actually sinks in and softens my lips whereas as other products slide around abit too much and make your lippie slide around with it.

on 10/1/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Not for me. Did not moisturize as well as Kiehls or petroleum jelly. Just Okay.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

First of all, whenever I can I try to use products that are environmentally responsible and it seems this lip balm is virtually chemical-free so top marks for that.
I've had this lip balm for a really long time, it lasts quite a while and the packaging is impeccable and super-easy to carry around.
This isn't a very creamy balm so sometimes I find it hard to get the product all over my lips but I dab on a bit more and it does the trick. I never have dry lips, possibly because I moisturize very often throughout the day. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the smell - I'm not the biggest fan of honey but I will try the other versions of Burt's Bees lip balm.

on 9/19/2010 11:31:00 PM

This is one of the pricier brands of drugstore lip balms, but on the cheaper end of natural products out there. This lip balm is only OK. I found the scent a little weird. The texture is much firmer than the plain and pomegranate that Burt's Bees sells, so I find I can't use it on my lips when chapped (it tugs). It doesn't moisturize as well as the other two, but stays on longer.

I wouldn't buy this again. The one I have sits in my collection mostly unused.

on 9/3/2010 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This works very well for me.
I love the smell, as I love everything honey smelling.
It moisturizes really well, especially when my lips are wound or chappy.
Over here it's relatively expensive, but since it works better for me than the drugstore chapsticks I gladly pay some extra money.
Will defenitely repurchase.

on 8/31/2010 9:51:00 AM

pros: the stuff does moisturize!!!! and smells good like chocolate after a while. the lip balm is hard and dosen't mush when i press it against my lips. there is no shine, so this is perfect for guys too!!!

cons: i can still feel the lines on my lips, smell might be a bit weird at first

overall: go for the bodyshop's vitamin e lip balm!!!!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This lip balm is absolutely useless on my lips. Besides the slight tingle, it does nothing. It doesn't moisturize and all it does is leave a white and waxy residue on my lips.

on 8/24/2010 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Eyes: Violet

There is nothing honey about burt's bees lip balms anymore. This smells, feels, and tastes like hard wax, and yes, I know what wax tastes like. The only reason I didn't rate this 1/5 is because burt's bees used to be good (back when it actually smelled and tasted like honey, circa the 90's), but this stuff is just disgusting, and is not moisturizing at all. I would not wish this stuff on my worst enemy, that's how nasty it is.
-TBB

on 8/23/2010 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just bought this today, and it is God awful. Ew. It smells nothing like honey. You're going to think I'm exaggerating when I say this, but it smells like urine. I asked my brother what he thought about it, and he agreed.
The texture is weird and waxy, and tastes like candle wax. Don't ask me how I know what candle wax tastes like, but that's what it tastes like. In fact, the whole thing just feels like rubbing a scented candle on your lips.

Popular Lip Treatments