July 28, 2014 | 2235 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

I'd rather use the original beeswax balm. I don't like how it tastes and it feels tacky/stickier. :(
Not gonna repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by fmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the minty sensation, the packaging, everything!! I am a complete junkie now.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by aquajeeling

This is the best lip treatment I've used. All the other oily ones don't work for me, I actually think the wax in this is what makes it work.
I don't hate the scent, and I like the fact that this do not have mint in it.
The only thing is, my boyfriend hates the scent, won't kiss me if I wear it, he think it stinks... and my girlfriends have the same problem. LOL...
So not sure if I'll buy it again, since I really like to smell nice. Maybe I'll try the other varieties BB has.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by ashsaves1005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff had a weird honey smell, but obviously you would get that if it's made with honey...Anyway, I didn't really like this chapstick. I don't like the little scrubbies in it. Totally hurt my lips after a while. And it was waxy, a lot waxier than other Burt's Bees chapsticks I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by NioneEurantale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite lip balms. I love the honey smell and flavor and that I can use it often with out beginning to feel waxy. I have no issues using this under lipstick or glosses. The only reason I didn't give it a five is I wish it would last a little longer so I didn't have to apply so often.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Has a nauseating rosemary smell. Reminds me of a stinky daycare for some reason. I use this on the soles of my feet because I can't stand having it so close to my nose! If you want to use Burt's Bees lip balm I suggest sticking to the original peppermint lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by emily420

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really enjoy Burt's Bees lip balms. they rock ;)
this one is good, but the packaging SUCKS. i bought mine from WalMart, and when i came home, i opened it up, and the lip balm was stuck ontop of the cap. so i had to use my fingers and get it off, so that wasted a bit of it. other than that, its really great, but i like the pomagranit one better,

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I sort of agree with the majority about the scent of this lip balm. It is a strange smell, not necessarily a bad smell, just a little strange. Although, I did take a whiff of actual honey and realized that this lip balm is pretty darn close-- maybe a little less sweet smelling.

I actually like how this lip balm feels on my lips. I cannot stand super moisturizing, sticky, slimey, gooey stuff on my lips, such as Vaseline. I only use Vaseline if my lips are extremely, unbearably chapped. Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm applies smoothly and moisturizes my lips without making them feel sticky or slimey. It feels natural and I hardly notice it. All that I notice is that my lips smell like honey and feel really soft and kissable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

As a lip balm, this is decent. It feels drier going on than some others. It seems like I have to apply more in order for my lips to slide easily when I rub them together, although it doesn't seem to dry out my lips at all. It doesn't give a sheen as many other balms do, either. And it's definitely superior to the original formula I tried a few years ago that seemed to make my lips even drier than before. However, the scent is so odd and strong that I won't repurchase after I finish out the tube. Perhaps there's some difference between the "honey" behind this product and the honey I've tasted and smelled (including fragranced beauty products) elsewhere, but it's definitely not the sweet, somewhat comforting smell I was hoping for.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Panda_Attack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I don't mind the smell of the product like some people do, I have to admit I was expecting more with the reputation Burt's Bees has. Before wearing lipstick/liner etc I like to put gloss on my lips because they tend to be dry. The base I usually use: Rosebud Salve or Vaseline can change the look of the lipstick and make it almost slide... so for the purpose of putting down a base before wearing lip product - this chapstick is awesome. However in terms of what it actually does for your lips in term of moisturizing them... well plain old vaseline is better for that purpose. I found this to not be very rich, and needed frequent reapplication. Would buy this again only if I can't find another good base for lipsticks.