April 17, 2014 | 1836 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kayladsquared

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sweet and simple moisturizer. I have very sensitive, acneic skin, and this keeps my face baby soft and I haven't broken out or had a reaction to this, even after using it for months. It is very lightweight but moisturizes well. You get a lot of product for the price, too. Since I really only use this as a face lotion, it lasts a long time. I do like it, if I have bug bites or irritations from shaving, as a body lotion because it is soothing, but it is not my favorite for moisture, body wise. (I will put this on first and something heavier on top). I also use this on my lips at night, then put Aquaphor on top to seal it in, and it keeps them satiny. This would be the first lotion I would recommend to anyone, and I will continue to purchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by OhRandi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my daily night and day moisturizer. Doesn't break out my sensitive, acne prone skin. However, now that I'm on a strong retinoid and topical antibiotic treatment for my acne, it's not moisturizing enough. I'm using Dermalogica until my skin is clear, then I'll most definitely be going back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by zitpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lotion makes my face so soft it's crazy! I'm constantly telling people to feel my face cause I can't believe how amazing it feels. This is the only lotion to make my skin softer in the long run, even when I'm not wearing it. My face reacts badly to many lotions, so this is a god send. It is pricey for a drugstore find, but a little goes a long way. I always use too much of everything, and this lotion is no exception....the great thing about it is unlike most lotions when you put too much on, tend to flake off or ball up, this just sinks right in. I've never broken out from it and will definitely be repurchasing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by anneh08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is sooo great. ever since i've stepped away from fancy skincare products (kiehls and clinique) my skin has been thanking me for it. (it's because i have acne) now i only have 1 pimple when i used to have pretty bad acne. I use this as night on top of my neutragena nightly exfoliating acne treatment (clear greenish gel) and it sinks in so quickly and my skin feels moisturized and not sticky at all! it's so basic and great for teenagers who struggle w/ acne. I even use this sometimes in the morning so my spf moisturizer can blend in a bit easier (clinique city block sheer spf 25, which i love as well) if you have acne and haven't found anything that has worked for you..this is great for at night time. it doens't have antioxidants and anti aging properties other expensive products have but if you're a teenager you don't really need that ( like i ). + even if you want something w/ antioxidants just get an antioxidant laden gel you can mix it in w/ this. ( i use beauticontrol brightening elixr) but i hear md formulations gel is great too

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by llook57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using cerave hyd. cleanser and lotion for years (I'm 55) Hyaluronic acid needs moisture in order to put moisture in your skin. So I've always misted my face w/water before the lotion, and as many times as possible after, before putting on my makeup. Especially in dry winter months, and I work in a VERY VERY low humidity factory. I use to use ALL kinds of creams and lotions, but would move on after they would clog my pores, then I'd have to use clay masks to get rid of blackhead. Misting with water is a LOT less time consuming. I even used Cetaphil products for a while, but to me, moisture is better than any oils or petroleum, etc., for keeping my skin soft, even at work or wintertime. My makeup goes on a LOT better and I don't look like an oil slick after 3 or 4 hrs. I'm dedicated to Cerave

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

During certain times of the year, I get eczema only on my hands (thank goodness). My dermatologist gave me a bunch of samples of this. This did absoloutley nothing to moisturize my skin. The consistency was way too thin for it to even moisturize my hands. It was watery & sticky. I didn't actually pay for this, so I don't really know how much this costs. But, any price would be too much to pay for this. The quality of this is terrible. I will never buy this. There are many way better options out there, & cheaper ones I'm sure. If you really want a good moisturizing lotion, get curel dry & itch defense or Aveeno lotions.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by cbm08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, it is now safe for me to say this is the best moisturizer I have ever used. I was waiting to write a review until I was sure that I loved it as much as I thought I did in the beginning, and now I AM SURE. I have bad acne, very persistent, I get clogged pores as well as those terrible cystic pimples all around my jaw/chin.

I was using Dan Kern's acne.org regimen, and the BP was drying out my skin horrendously, the moisturizer in the regimen kit just wasn't enough to combat it, so I went on a search for something that could help. First, I went back to basics, thinking that my miracle may lie in one of those cheap, classic products like Avon's Nurtura or Pond's moisturizer that many women rave about. Both of those = terrible, terrible mistake for this girl's skin!!! Then I decided maybe natural was the way to go. I began using pure organic jojoba oil and then tried organic grapeseed oil. These were ok, but still left me with plenty of flakiness, plus were pretty difficult to deal with in the mornings because they take forever to sink in so you have to wait and wait to put on makeup. Finally, I remembered my dermatologist had given me samples of CeraVe products several years ago, which I couldn't really remember the results of, but figured I would retry those products again. And I am oh so glad that I did!

Now that I have been using it consistently (morning and night) for several weeks, I am confident that it will be my forever moisturizer. No bells and whistles about the packaging, but man does this stuff get the job done, and do it well!!! No breakouts from this... actually, in combination with the foaming cleanser, i would say it actually has helped with the redness and irritation and overall condition of my skin. Best of all, no more flaking around my mouth and chin!

Please give it a try. For about $11 @ Wal-Mart, you can get a 12 oz. bottle with a handy (& hygienic) pump dispenser. If you are only using it for face, that will last you quite a while, so it is well worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

What to do, where to look when you have eczema and acne-prone, rough, sensitive skin?...CeraVe people, CeraVe! I remember using this last year, perhaps in the fall and hated it. I honestly can't remember why, I just thought it made my skin look horrible. I recently bought this on sale at London Drugs (it was 2 for 1), and ladies (or men), I'm pretty sure in Canada you can only get this at London Drugs because it just arrived in Canada within the year I think. It's funny because this product is always on sale, or at-least 1/3 products that they do sell in Canada are, so check and stock up. I always see a lot on the shelf, people don't know what they are missing. :P

Pros:
* I can literally smear this on to my face, layers and layers, pumps and pumps (even though it's not always needed) and not break out.
* While it does feel like slime, it sinks in beautifully. If you put two pumps onto your face and neck and see white residue do the following: Just massage it in slowly, leave it for a couple of minutes, come back and massage the rest in, and it sinks in better!
* I had this pesky dermatitis flare up on my left cheek, and basically severe dryness also on my other cheek and not even the creamiest, thickest lotions/creams fixed the texture of my skin. This did.
* It looks way better underneath foundation than the other lotions, and when I tried to put my liquid foundation with my fingers it blended in beautifully. My skin looks way better with a few drops of foundation and this lotion than it did with other moisturizers, concealer, two different types of primer, foundation and powder!
* My skin isn't nowhere as oily as it was with the lotions listed above, my cheeks would get oily -_- but not any more, just my forehead, if that! Now this could be attributed to not using primers, but even with oil-free primers my skin would get oily. With this and a little bit of foundation, I don't need to blot unless I feel like, and when I do see oil it's probably 7-8 hours after application, and blotting makes my skin look great again, and fresh which is hard to look like after a long day!
* I have used it on my body and still currently do. Technically it's still winter in Canada but I live on the west-coast so it's mild and feels more like spring now, and while this hasn't made my skin uberly soft, it's fine, and it's not itchy. If I do feel I need more moisture I just add a layer of Vaseline or Eurcerin's cream, with Vaseline my skin is SO soft and stays that way until the next day I shower. So I don't know how well this would fair in harsh, cold, windy winters.

Cons:
*It doesn't look make my face look flawless but then again I have redness and blemishes still.
Now I'm giving it a dirt cheap price rating because usually when I buy it, it's on sale, and still is much cheaper than the other moisturizers that I have tried.

*Edit* March 10th 2013
I still do use this underneath make-up. I am breaking out because of my new acne cream I think, and since I have been using it for so long, I can rule this out as breaking me out. I use this on my back (and face/neck). I don't use this on my body anymore, I use CeraVe's cream mixed in with olive oil, or Eurcerin's cream because I find it wasn't making my skin soft, just keeping it moisturized, but it doesn't claim to make it soft! I am going to give CeraVe's cream another try underneath make-up though.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by sefis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is perfect in every way, I wish I had known about it sooner. I will never buy another high priced moisturizer again. I have combo/oily skin and this gives me good hydration in the spots that need it and doesn't break me out, keeps my skin from being too dry when I go a bit overboard on the AHA/BHA/Vit.C treatments. I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was searching for a new moisturizer to add to my night time regime and I purchased Cerave based on the high ratings on MUA and recommendation of Paula Begoun. I absolutely love using this moisturizer during the night as a second layer over top of retinol, BHA or AHA products. Provides the perfect quantity of hydration to my skin without feeling greasy or heavy. Contains beneficial ingredients and the pump packaging is fantastic. I'm working on my second bottle and will continue to repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No