August 30, 2014 | 1152 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by brandieryan78

I have started using Retin-A and was looking for a light but, effective moisturizer for my combination/oily skin. This stuff is the best! Not only is it a great buy it is also, non pore clogging and I have been thrilled with my results! Between the foaming cleanser, Retin-A, this moisturizer plus my Clarasonic I have never been happier with my skin! Highly recommended!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by MichaelK

This is my HG face moisturizer.

There was a dark, dry time in my life when my face was so dry, it cracked.

I was a swimmer, 3 hours a day in the pool, constant chlorine.
I was on an acne pill and topical medications, my face had'nt even been that dry when I was on proactiv! Now I stopped swimming and am no longer taking pills due to side effects. I was reccomended this moisturizer by my derm and was skeptical at first because I felt it weakened my topical creams and such. But my derm said it was fine so I just thought that my skin could'nt get much worse than it was.
Well CeraVe has made my face hydrated and supple. My skin is so dewy and soft I just love it. However CeraVe makes my face EXTREMELY oily. Its bothersome to hear people make jokes about how shiny I always am. Its not that my face is oily its just an effect of the lotion. But thats the only downside, its a great lotion for dry, acne prone skin especially!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by surferbabe09

This moisturizer has done wonders for my skin. I have dry and very sensitive skin and this has completely restored the barrier on my skin so that I am no longer flaky. I like that it is also fragarance free.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lilymoon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My chin broke out with two large zits after two days' use, and after three days' use my neck--where I NEVER break out, broke out in a large and very red zit. My face never felt moisturized while using; in fact it felt drier and my fine lines seemed accentuated and more visible.For the record, I am 46 and have combo skin with minor adult acne on chin. Perhaps it only works well for the younger crowd? Definitely not for me...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by applecore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Typically I know whether a moisturizer is going to work after the first try or two but this one was deceptive and ended up being the worst product Iíve ever used on my face. Beautypedia rates it very highly and I thought I could save some $ by switching from department store brands. I have very sensitive and dry skin and this didnít burn at all and moisturized well. My skin felt and looked softer and it worked well under spf and makeup so I thought I had found a great and inexpensive moisturizer and was really happy. A few days in, I started to notice a few pin sized pimples (Iíve never had any so small before) in spots I never get any and some red spots that looked like blemish scarring but I hadnít actually had any in those spots. I knew it had to be from this since I hadnít changed anything else in my skincare or makeup but I stupidly thought that it was my skin purging and decided to see if it cleared up after a couple of days. What a mistakeÖ I ended up having the worst reaction ever when I woke up about a week and a half after I started using it! I got a sty on my lower lash line which Iíve never gotten before and itís extremely painful. I woke up to so many pin sized pimples on my upper lip that it looked like a pus mustache and it was painful to even move my lip. It took forever with a blemish tool to pop them all and was so crazy painful my eyes wouldnít stop watering. Under my jaw is now totally broken out as well and itís really hard to access that area with my blemish tool. I can see pimples starting to form all over my forehead too. My face has never looked so awful and felt so painful. Iíve never had much acne before and now I can sympathize with the pain that people who do have to go through. Iím so mad at myself that I gave this the benefit of doubt. I should have stopped using it immediately after the first blemish. This went straight into the trash where it belongs.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

This was recommended it to me by two different dermatologists, so I decided to give it a try to see what the hype was about. I have oily skin in the summer and combo in the winter, so I have a hard time trying to find a lotion that isn't too heavy or too light. (I really dislike how "oily" lotions from companies like Aveeno are, since they don't sink in quickly and also make my skin feel like it's soffocating.)

This lotion really is the perfect balance between hydration and quick absorption. It applies easily, is gentle on the skin, absorbs quickly( muchfaster than heavier lotions, anyways) and keeps my skin hydrated for a full day in summer and most of the day in winter. It's marketed toward people with sensitive or acne-prone skin because it has no scent and doesn't clog pores. My brother has severe acne problems and this lotion helped even out his skin and control his oil problem.

Granted, because this is a simple lotion and not much else, it's not a miracle worker. I'm not convinced that it should be as expensive as it is ($10-12 for a full-sized tub, while most other lotions are half that price for the same -if not more- amount).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I have oily/combination skin and this is my absolute favorite moisturizer... after using and spending hundreds of dollars worth of moisturizers that were supposed to do magic but did not deliver. This one is the winner because it's very basic yet has ceramides and feels very light yet super moisturizing. Perfect for my oily skin. At night i like to put a lot of this on because i don't have to worry about greasy face. It makes my skin looks very plump and glowy. When i use this in the morning under sunscreen, I use less. The consistency is almost gel-like. Not at all greasy like Cetaphil lotion which I liked at some point in my past life. I already bought my second bottle of this... each contains 12 oz so it lasts a long time. It's about 6x the amount of other face lotions in the jars!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

This has just become available for sale in Canada and so I bought it based on a good review in InStyle magazine. I have been using it as a body lotion (although apparently you can also use it on your face).
The first thing I noticed is the complete and absolute abscence of fragrance. Most products labelled "fragrance-free" do have some kind of smell but this lotion does not smell of anything - a huge plus for anyone who is sensitive to fragrance.
Next, I noticed the texture - very very light, to the point where I was wondering if the lotion would actually do the job. Well, I'm glad to report that it does leave my skin soft and silky for hours afterwards.
In short, I love this product and will definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by cutekiwi57

Do not use this on your face! I have combination skin & it led to breakouts on my face. However, as a body lotion this gets 5 lippies. I especially use it on my legs after showering with a couple drops of sunflower oil, and by itself on my neck nightly, as well as on my decolletage and shoulders after showering.It is also nice as a quick hand moisturizer kept in the bathroom for after washing hands. The scent isn't the best, rather plain & mixes a little weird with my body chemistry, but fades and the moisturizing/softening effects are well worth it. I like it better than Jergens and other comparable lotions. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this lotion for about 7 months. I apply it right after cleansing. It keeps my skin calm, has no cloying fragrance, doesn't leave my skin greasy nor tight. Non-irritating to the point that I use it around my eyes as well without any stinging. It's not always enough to keep my skin from flaking around my eyebrows and nose so I'll try the cream next. Overall, it's pretty decent :) best lotion I've tried, beats Biotherm hands down.

Edit: I'm still using this lotion but my skin's become much dryer since spending time in the hospital. On the lookout for something to moisturize dry patches and eyelids around the same price point :\ not having any luck.