September 16, 2014 | 1825 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by dandely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using EVOO to remove makeup for more than a year now and it works just fine. :) It may not work on everyone. It probably depends on your skin.

(Might help those who have eczema-prone or sensitive skin)

I have very sensitive skin. Just around May this year, I had a terrible eczema breakout that my face got so dry and it started peeling. It was such a horror for me that washing my face even with hypoallergenic cleansers irritated it. So I decided to massage a few drops of EVOO on my face and rinse it with warm water. After rinsing, I would moisturize my face with Vitamin E oil and let it sit for a few minutes and then put cold Cetaphil moisturizer. After just about almost a month of doing that, my skin stopped peeling and my complexion actually looks brighter. I get compliments now on how smooth my face looks like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG - my favorite beauty item ever. I'm almost 34 and I had my 2nd child a year ago. My skin has been kinda wonky ever since. I had used the oil cleansing method years ago and liked it, but got bored and started using other things. About a month ago, after having tried so many cleansers, toners, and moisturizers, my skin was crazier than ever. I had an oil slick for a t-zone, yet I had super dry patches on my cheeks and near my temples, and I was breaking out. I decided to give oil cleansing another try, and I'm so happy that I did. I use straight EVOO. I was afraid that adding any castor oil would dry me out too much. This. Is. Perfect. At night, I dampen my face with water, remove my makeup with EVOO (which takes off EVERYTHING) with a very warm washcloth. I add more EVOO and massage into my skin for maybe a minute or so and gently massage my face with very warm washcloth for a second time to remove most of the oil. I don't follow up with a cleanser. I leave the residue from the EVOO and let it absorb into my skin. After it has absorbed, I use a gentle Neutrogena retinol cream and that's it. My skin has never looked better. In the morning, I dampen my face and I use just a few drops of EVOO and pat it into my skin, wait about 10 minutes, then follow with my sunscreen and makeup. I added a few drops of lavender essential oil, just for the scent. I don't see myself ever going back to anything else. My skin isn't clogged or congested, it glows, and it's finally balanced. Try it, because it could become HG for you, too!

Just an FYI, there are a couple of pics on my profile that show my skin. All I'm wearing on my face in the pics is a sheer tinted moisturizer, a touch of MSFN on my t-zone and blush. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by saromakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A-MAZ-ING. As a cleanser, moisturizer, masque. Best best best thing for your skin, ever (except maybe coconut oil).

When I use it as a cleanser, I rub in, then with a hot washcloth, wash off. Then I repeat. Then done.

My HG body moisturizer. I add a couple of drops of essential oil / perfume oil, and it smells great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying that I am an oil junkie. I love to use all kinds and make my own concoctions which usually work out well. While I love Olive Oil in general, I do have to finally admit that when i continually use it, I will break out. I am prone to breakouts on my chin only and this did give me some small breakouts in other areas which I rarely if ever get. I must say that it is very moistuizing and soothing and agree with another reviewer that said to use it on your eye area only if you are prone to break outs. It is also good to use if you have over done it with an aha or exfoliating product. It will get u back on track quickly. Just dont keep using it after your skin has normalized, again if you are prone to break outs. This is of course wonderful for hair and other areas of your skin. I dont love the smell on my skin - I feel like I smell like a chicken cutlet!!!! It is just very distinct and I prefer to use it for cooking!! There are so many other wonderful oils to use on your skin that I like to experiment with different ones. My favorite right now though is Evening Primrose oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After I used this on my face it gave me a terrible break out.It did not make the skin of my body softer.It worked fine on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by ragtagbobtail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought EVOO when I read the reviews online. I have horribly sensitive skin; I break out from everything, (even after accutane) even if it's for sensitive skin LOL. I tried EVOO on my whole face and after about a week I started getting cystic acne on the side of my face (where I usually only get that type) so I stopped using it on my face and it went away. BUT---- I have been using it on my eyes, and will NOT ever stop doing so. After I exfoliate with raw honey and sugar, I put the EVOO on my eyes and massage until it's almost absorbed, and then before I go to bed and when I wake up. The dark circles under my eyes have lightened tremendously and my creases have diminished from the massaging.

Face: Use it on your eyes, if you are prone to break out, or if you have very sensitive skin. It does clog my pores, but then again, everything does LOL.

Body: It broke me out on my chest, and my back, but I can use it anywhere else, just make sure you rub it in good.

Hair: Have not tried it yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by nkar23

i like to make sugar scrub with olive oil and use it on my face & body in the shower. makes it so smooth and the best part is its cheap, natural, and readily available. i took the tip on here about using it for shaving and it does work! gave me a super close shave and doesnt leave my legs dry and irritated like they usually are even when i use shaving cream & moisturizing afterward! it does gunk up the razor so make sure you wash thoroughly. overall, this product is inexpensive and everyone has at least a bottle lying around their homes. i was suuuuuuuuuuper worried about the smell being a problem because im not too fond of the scent at ALL, but it really does go away after you're done showering. it just makes my skin feel balanced, clean and smooth. so im gonna use it again. i was also worried about how it would be on my face but i just used the sugar+EVOO scrub on my face then washed it off with another cleanser and so far it is fine, no new acne or bumps or anything. so hopefully, fingers crossed, that will keep up. my skin looks amazing!! you guys please try it!

**EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have noticed right after i began using this evoo+sugar mixture in my shower and bathroom sink, a bunch of roaches have showed up! low and behold its bc roaches love sugar and they love oil/grease, and the moisture of bathrooms! so plz dont use this in your bathroom... i have stopped using it at all bc ive noticed roaches in my apartment that DEF werent there before & i keep things very clean in my house. ew~! convinced its bc of this stupid mixture.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by kushiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it on salad, hate it on my face. Tried taking off my makeup a few nights with this stuff and ended up broken out even after cleansing with a clarisonic. I never missed real cleansing oils more in my life..

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So dissapointed in olive oil. I had thought it was amazing but it only clogged my pores and made me breakout everywhere...I faithfully tried but then just laughed at myself for continuing.

Much better with Clarins Lotus OIl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Hands down this is the best beauty secret known to man! I bought this based on all the reviews here I suffer with chronically dry flaky sensitive skin that can't tolerate just anything without either drying it up or breaking me out.I use this only as a mask treat every now the first few uses I wasint impressed at how it was making my skin look after leaving it on 20 mins and washing it off I was horrified at how enlarged the pores on my nose and cheeks were and zits I hadint even had before begin to pop out from nowhere.but I bit the bullet knowing this was only all part of its natural purging process and continued to use it despite how ugly my skin was looking.but lo and behold now! oh my how lovely my skin looks and feels soft supple and glowy lit from within. it also took care of some few pesky fine lines that were forming by my nose area I have always had relatively good skin but now it is so much better my skin looks model perfect like I have been using a $150 product used in conjunction with my anr vit c serum I'm left with beautiful healthy looking skin and the price is most affordable I find this fabulous and should be a staple in every womans skin care regime love it:)