July 31, 2014 | 1658 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by DivineSage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this well enough, I guess. I'm not blown away by it. I bought it to use as a cuticle cream, but I can't use it for that because it's so greasy. I don't have time to sit and wait for it to absorb, so I can't use it on my hands without getting it on everything I own. I've started using it on my heels overnight and it works well enough for that, but again, I'm not blown away by it. It really doesn't do anything for me that any regular lotion can't do, and a regular lotion doesn't come with the greasy feeling and the overpowering smell.

I wouldn't really recommend this, and I doubt I'll even be able to finish what I've got before it expires, so I definitely won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really greasy. And I am not sure if it did anything to my cuticles to make it softer. It smells like lemons. I will only use this at night because its kind of sticky. I probably will finish up the product, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Considering that I paid really cheap for this product because somebody got for me in the U.K. I can't complain about the price... but in the U.S is $15.00, so yeah I think it's expensive.
It does what it claims to do, is one of the BEST FOOT, CUTICLE AND ELBOWS moisturizers I've ever used! It's really good, but it's veeeery greasy so I only use it at night, and I prefer to use it in the wintertime. Because seriously you can't use this at daytime, it takes a while to absorb into your skin.
The only DOWNSIDE, for me, is the smell. Oh my God, the smell... SUPER,DUPER, INTOXICATING strong!!! My aunt was mad at me after I applied on her cuticles, she washed her hand like several times and the smell of ginger and lemon wouldn't go away! So if you are sensitive to smells, don't get any near this! It will give you headache... at first I thought " I'M NEVER gonna use this stuff", but then it worked so well on my foot and on my cuticles that I kept using it despite the awful smell, and now I got used to the smell, but it took me a like, 2 months to get used to it, now I don't really care. It's a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by jsATC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is ok, but I'm not blown away by it. For dry damaged cuticles, I think Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream does a much better job and holds up better with handwashing.

I do like Lemony Flutter as a general hand cream, though. It works well on my dry, cracked knuckles and does moisturize my cuticles fairly well. That said, I prefer using a good rich hand cream like Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula or Eucerin cream (the original thick stuff in the jar) with Burt's Bees cuticle cream to really repair dry damaged hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by letty114

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

excellent product that I started using on cuticles, then moved on to elbows, feet and everywhere else that had become dry over the winter months. It works a dream and dry skin disappears overnight.
The only thing i don't like about Lush products in general is their expiry date. No matter how often i seem to use them, they always expire before i've used the entire tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Astera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lemony Flutter is described as a "lemony butter" and that is a very accurate statement. It smells like lemons and fresh. It has a very thick consistency. I use it on my feet instead of cuticles. It softens my heels very nicely overnight with socks on. :) A little goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by swedgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product to use as a cuticle cream but I think it is better to use as a cream in very dry area. It works wonderful on my elbows and knees and the smell is no too bad but quite intense for my liking. When applied it basically melts and becomes oil (kind of melted butter) and for that reason I do not really like it as a cuticle cream, for that purpose Burt's Bee works better since it actually stays on the cuticle and does not spread all over and in my opinion the smell is also better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by lulu12step

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

lovvee. I use thisevery night before i go to bed on my elbows which were disgusting. white cracking peeling skin etc. after ONE use they already felt and looked completely healthy. After every night use they feel like lotion to touch. Only bad part is i haaate the smell. Its okay though i dont put it on to smell good its just like therapy for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by monpierpoint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I ended up buying this from the Lush store near my house after I spotted it while I was looking for something else. I use this every time I give myself a manicure or change my nail colour (every 2-3 days) and I find it works really well. It makes my cuticles lovely and soft, and they look much better. I also really love the scent of this product (itís really lemony) although I agree with some other reviewers on here when they say it can be a little overwhelming. I paid around £5 ($8US) for a 50g tub of this stuff, and I definitely believe you are getting value for money, considering you use such a small amount on each finger. Itís going to take ages to use up!  A little bit of this stuff goes a long way, and after putting it on your fingers you can see it melting into your cuticles with the heat of your skin. Iím really happy with this product and will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Cassieandra13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this while living in the UK. (The price is just over half of what it is in the states and that is counting the conversion rate). I Love the smell but the true to lemon scent is part of what drew me to the product in the first place.
The weather in the UK has been really beating up my skin, esp the skin on my hands and my nail beds. I've had this for just under a week now and have already have noticed a huge difference in my cuticles. They are softer and all the cuts around my fingers have healed up.
It does take a bit to sink it but I use it before bed, so it doesn't bother me.