Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant

2.5

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/17/2009 10:03:00 PM

I'm not sure what some of the unhappy reviewers are talking about with this deodorant. It's a deodorant, NOT an antipersperant. I've used this for years and have found it to be just fine as a deodorant. It's not for working in the yard in the summer. I use the rose scent and it I like it. It doesn't sting, or cause a rash. It doesn't smell bad. For a natural deodorant I would recommend this.

on 4/17/2009 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Cool

I used the Honeysuckle one and it's a great natural deodorant if your not going to be in a situation where you;ll be very active. I wear this on the weekends or when I'm not really doing much to give myself a break from wearing stronger anti-perspirants/deodorants with loads of chemicals. You may have to apply a few times a day as it wears off quickly. I also tend to use it after I shave my underarms as I want something more natural since your pores are more open after shaving.

on 4/17/2009 9:40:00 PM

Didn't work at all.

on 2/27/2009 7:23:00 PM

This stuff was terrible. It didn't help with odor at all. It would sting when I applied it to my skin. I would never recommend this deodorant. If you are looking for a natural deodorant to try, try Dr. Mist. Dr. Mist really works at controlling odor and no stinging.

on 2/27/2009 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Did an okay job of holding back wetness - but not with a lot of activity.
Did an even worse job of dealing with odor.

Wish I could find a natural deodorant that works...

:-(

on 2/26/2009 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wore this product every day for about a year. It worked fine in all types of weather and levels of activity. Then I wore it on my wedding day expecting that it would work then, too. That was a mistake. I put it on mid-afternoon when I was getting dressed, then after a few dances realized I smelled kind of funky. I should point out that I am involved in dance performance as a hobby and I had worn this deodorant for shows, rehearsals and classes and never had a problem. This was specfic to my wedding day. I suppose with the extra nerves I was giving off more odor/sweat/whatever. So if you use this daily, but you have a very important event coming up, you might want to switch to a more traditional deodorant for the day.

on 2/8/2009 3:26:00 AM

I bought the fragrance free deodorant, and it smells like a citronella candle. What is worse, is that I smell just as horrible as if I had no deodorant on at all. It is too bad that I have nothing positive to say about the product, especially since it was a bit pricey.

on 1/4/2009 1:32:00 PM

I have the lemongrass scent and it is very pretty and true smelling. That said, however, it doesn't really work as a deodorant for me. I like the idea of natural products, but this one I can pretty much only use for short periods of time, e.g. going to yoga practice if I'm going to shower afterwards. Nice try, but I'll stick with my Fresh antiperspirant, even if that does cost an arm and a leg.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This isn't supposed to keep you dry, but I feel like this and the combo of the product just sitting there makes me feel so wet and uncomfortable. I also feel like a sweat more with this as I sometimes went anti-persirant free for days at a time. This also stings when I initially put it on. I don't think I'm going to get past the way this feels on my skin. I might try other natural deodorants because I like the concept of them. This does contain my odor but for some reason I personally feel smelly and unclean. Maybe I just have to get used to this.

on 12/24/2008 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have the Honeysuckle scent. I really like this deodorant because I don't sweat too much and this is light, glides on easy and doesn't leave any residue. However, I bought this recently and it's winter. I feel that when summer comes around I might have to find something else. For now, it is doing a great job. Also, I love that's natural and doesn't irritate my skin.

Top Rated Tom's of Maine Products