April 23, 2014 | 1976 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Lgrieco

I don't mind paying more money for a good product. This really doesn't work for me, especially not in Florida during the summer. I understand that it isn't supposed to keep you dry, but the product just sits on my skin and it is sticky and uncomfortable. I'm glad it works for others, but it just doesn't do it for me. Will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 9:04:00 AM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a non-anti-perspirant deodorant, meaning it has no aluminum sulfate. So it doesn't keep you dry but it keeps you stink-free.

The product is a soft, waxy, translucent stick. It comes in various natural scents (lavender, unscented, woodland spice.) I love the Woodland Spice on my dh, and I usually use unscented. The stick is soft, so it can be used by men on their hairy pits, but this means it runs out faster than some thicker formulations of natural deodorant.

This is my hg deo and I've worn it for years.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought the apricot scent. doesnt do a good job as a deodorant, also makes me peel like crazy!! haven't had any of the itching that people are talking about though. one lady mentioned that the first ingredient is used as anti-freeze which is pretty scary. it feels extremely gross and sticky on and will fizz up with white wet stuff after you put it on, it also gets all over your clothes. i won't be repurchasing because of the peeling and because it's not "natural", also i need something with anti-perspirant protection...too bad because the case is pretty and i wanted to use something without aluminum.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by chasleigh44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only (and I mean ONLY) product that can conquer my stinking underarms. I've tried everything on the market (including the clinical strength deodorants) and they do nothing but intensify the odor. I've heard that the higher the aluminum, the worst it can become, so I decided to forgo any and all aluminum based products and try the all-natural route...and viola! No more stink! I use the apricot and I really like the light fragrance. It's easy to apply, dries super quick, and lasts all day. I noticed I get a bit smelly if I've been working out or sweaty profusely on a hot day, but it's only noticeable to me (I've had my fiance check, and he says he can't smell anything). Seriously, I'm a huge fan of natural, organic products and this lovely product is just a small example why. Go Tom!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this to try a non stone, non spray fast drying 'natural' deodorant.

Loved the honeysuckle smell and the way it glided on without stickiness. Didn't cause any reactions thankfully BUT I found it to be totally ineffective. Might use it up when at home but no good for when you are out in public! unfortunately I think it will last for ages.
My fav is still the Neal's yard spray.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2008 1:41:00 AM More reviews by sunnyfuusunflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this stuff several months ago and hated it. It burned my armpits and made them red.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

Love the honeysuckle rose sent very crisp and springy...however not long after HEAVY application does this formula make me smell like reaky BO....no thanks what's the point in putting on deodorant then?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by fisticated

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been trying to buy more natural/organic products so this is the first natural deodorant I have bought. I was happy to see it didn't have aluminum but I didn't get good results anyways.
It will keep me dry for a while but I had crazy underarm itching (yuck) and I never had this problem before, I can't take the scratching anymore so I'm moving on..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After discovering that conventional anti-perspirant/deodorant products in combination with shaving leave my armpits with a nasty yellow stain, I decided to use products that don't plug up the pores. This product caught my eye since there's no aluminum in it. This is the (new?) formulation with the addition of hops. I took a sniff of the calendula, and I really like the fresh, clean fragrance that it has. I don't sweat a lot, I just want something to keep my pits smelling nice. This fits the bill. However, I forgot to apply it for 2 days in a row..............and discovered that my pits smell not-so-nice. My only complaint is that I've noticed just a little bit of peeling on my armpits, kind of like with a sunburn. I don't like the peeling, but I want to use up the rest of this stick----because I do like the calendula fragrance. If I stop peeling, I will repurchase. If the peeling continues, I will go back to using the Crystal Stick.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by chiyo_no_saru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hated this. Gave me a rash, horrible burning, and made me smell. Ewwww.

If you want aluminum-free in a stick, try some of the men's stuff (there's a real light-scented one I use) or Kiss My Face's Liquid Rock.