October 25, 2014 | 968 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Caramellane

I bought the fragrance free deodorant, and it smells like a citronella candle. What is worse, is that I smell just as horrible as if I had no deodorant on at all. It is too bad that I have nothing positive to say about the product, especially since it was a bit pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by principia

I have the lemongrass scent and it is very pretty and true smelling. That said, however, it doesn't really work as a deodorant for me. I like the idea of natural products, but this one I can pretty much only use for short periods of time, e.g. going to yoga practice if I'm going to shower afterwards. Nice try, but I'll stick with my Fresh antiperspirant, even if that does cost an arm and a leg.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by chestnutrose

This isn't supposed to keep you dry, but I feel like this and the combo of the product just sitting there makes me feel so wet and uncomfortable. I also feel like a sweat more with this as I sometimes went anti-persirant free for days at a time. This also stings when I initially put it on. I don't think I'm going to get past the way this feels on my skin. I might try other natural deodorants because I like the concept of them. This does contain my odor but for some reason I personally feel smelly and unclean. Maybe I just have to get used to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by mizz_kay

I have the Honeysuckle scent. I really like this deodorant because I don't sweat too much and this is light, glides on easy and doesn't leave any residue. However, I bought this recently and it's winter. I feel that when summer comes around I might have to find something else. For now, it is doing a great job. Also, I love that's natural and doesn't irritate my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by chimchim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for the Natural Original deodorant stick (with improved hops.) It smells nice + lemongrass-y in the tube but once on, the deodorant's composition and my body oils create a toxic compound of such malodorous proportions, I can't stand myself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used the unscented variety and it worked OKAY but not great. There is a very slight citrus/citronella scent that I didn't mind and which fades very soon after application. I am not a super sweaty person and I work in an office so I'm not doing anything physically strenuous. Also, it was winter so I was sweating even less. Sometimes I would be okay but other times I would stink. My issue was that I felt I couldn't trust the performance. One day I'd be at work and be A-Ok and then the next day I'd be trying on clothes at the mall and in the dressing room be like whoa... omg I reek. Bottom line I tried this for a while but ended up trying the Crystal Stick which I have had total success with and so I won't go back to anything else. If the Crystal were suddenly removed from the market I certainly wouldn't go back to Tom's of Maine since there are many other natural deodorants out there that I'd want to try first.

Just for the record, the Lavender variety was absolutely terrible. In the package it smelled amazing -- like REAL lavender, and I was so excited to use it. But, it did not work with my body chemistry at all and I ended up smelling so terrible, worse than I've ever smelled before -- like cat pee! I'd rather stink like my B.O. than that mess again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by NailPolishAddict9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this in honeysuckle rose. I've been using it for about 6 months now and it's awesome. I started wearing it because my old deodorant was irritating my skin. Since switching, I've had no problems with breaking out. No itching or anything. The smell is also very nice.

Only problem is, during hot summer months where temperature is in the 90's/100's it doesn't last long.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Lgrieco

I don't mind paying more money for a good product. This really doesn't work for me, especially not in Florida during the summer. I understand that it isn't supposed to keep you dry, but the product just sits on my skin and it is sticky and uncomfortable. I'm glad it works for others, but it just doesn't do it for me. Will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 9:04:00 AM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a non-anti-perspirant deodorant, meaning it has no aluminum sulfate. So it doesn't keep you dry but it keeps you stink-free.

The product is a soft, waxy, translucent stick. It comes in various natural scents (lavender, unscented, woodland spice.) I love the Woodland Spice on my dh, and I usually use unscented. The stick is soft, so it can be used by men on their hairy pits, but this means it runs out faster than some thicker formulations of natural deodorant.

This is my hg deo and I've worn it for years.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought the apricot scent. doesnt do a good job as a deodorant, also makes me peel like crazy!! haven't had any of the itching that people are talking about though. one lady mentioned that the first ingredient is used as anti-freeze which is pretty scary. it feels extremely gross and sticky on and will fizz up with white wet stuff after you put it on, it also gets all over your clothes. i won't be repurchasing because of the peeling and because it's not "natural", also i need something with anti-perspirant protection...too bad because the case is pretty and i wanted to use something without aluminum.