December 20, 2014 | 870 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Manue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am loving the oil-cleansing method with organic, cold pressed coconut oil. I buy the Maison d'Orphee Brand in Canada. I was a bit worried this would clog pores, because coconut oil is known to be comedogenic, but for some reason this works on my skin. My skin is less dry. I have fewer breakouts. I basically massage the oil on my face at night and use a wet facial cotton pad to gently remove any makeup and grime. It's been a couple of months, and I don't see myself going back to expensive cleansers any time soon.

Update: It does seem to clog pores a bit over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by lusci0us

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Been using coconut oil in my daily routine in this last few weeks. Starts from the morning i took 2 tbsp then before shower i will put it on my face before going in the warm water and at night i use it as my makeup remover and also put it on after serum/before mosturizer. Used to have some dry n red patches due to allergy n that heals it up pretty quick! My face now feels smooth and hydrated amazing!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All the good reviews are true, I have dry, brittle, long and fine hair. This oil seems to increase volume and softness, not shine. I believe it does strengthen the hair and i should bother to sit around looking appalling with a damp towel on my head more often as it does work and is worth the effort but am lazy. Love to eat it too, and slather my face with it, the skin seems to love it, and looks great after a coconut oil massage. The list of things this does is amazing, I even wake up earlier more refreshed than usual after eating it. I could go on but am too lazy for that too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must say that i am a person that love to spend money on expensive hair products .. I never buy anything from supermarket or drugstore. Is just me ..but then i've tried nearly all HE brands such Kerastase , Redken , Frederic Fekkai , Pureology , Moroccan Oil , Joico and so on. I mostly and longest have use Kerastase and nearly all from this brand.
My hair is very dry and fine. I use to be very highlighted to dark brown ..and then just year ago i decide to bleach my hair to platinum blonde. Of course i did that very slow but still my hair was left extremely dry !! I quickly then bought the most moisturizing Kerastase products ones again and swatch them with moroccan oil shampoo and conditioner. Hair gets use to products and they stop working after a while ..that's why i often change brands in about 2 months. I also regularly use protein like Joico as well as moisturizing mask all of the time.

Now after i end up with such dry hair i did research and also bought Philip Kingsley Elasticizer which is good product but honestly i never got the results as from coconut oil for my hair. I mist tell to everyone that coconut oil for my hair made HUGE difference. There is nothing like it. I use it 1x week as pre shampoo treatment. I apply on my whole hair and leave it there as long as i can. Sometime i stay hour ..some time 6 hours. I never sleep with it ( is good though ) as i cant sleep with plastic cap . After that i just wash my hair as usual. Shampoo and conditioner. That's all.
My fine hair NEVER look flat after that but in fact much better and the other thing is that when i use coconut oil ..my hair also always look fantastic even on second day.

Let me tell you my hair looks much better than ever. My platinum blonde hair is NOT DRY anymore. Looks super healthy as well. I also use coconut oil on my last wash before bleach. And my hair never look dry after that either.
I have been honest with my review and from all i ever tried this is the only product that really makes a tremendous difference to my hair condition.
Nothing else to say i suggest people to give a try to this oil ... It really worth it

UPDATE !!! MILLION THANKS to the lady that recommended oil pulling with coconut oil for whitening the teeth !!! I have been doing this for the last 10 days and honestly ...i cant believe it how white my teeth are !! And trust me i have tried all from crest white strips to super $$ treatments and toothpastes !! This is amazing !!! I use this every morning when i wake up. Just take a spoon of coconut oil in my mouth ( even the oil is not melted , it will melt in a seconds ) and swash around my mouth for 20 minutes while i put coffee and have morning skin care and so on. After 20 minutes i spill this in the garbage ( coconut oil can go back hard and is not good to spill in the sink ) after that just brush my teeth and i am done. I can guaranty you results if you do this for around 10 days ..you teeth will be really white !!! And there is not only that but if you google oil pulling you will find out how beneficial this is for your mouth as is antibacterial and great also for people that have sensitive teeth and gums.
Please trust me and try it !!!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

Absolutely Awesome!

I use as mask as often as I like and use it before I shower for as long as I can to keep water from dehydrating my hair. It softens and makes has made my hair super long. I could not say enough good things about coconut oil. Great for cooking and so many other things!

Has reduced breakage about 80%! Overall, A+, and best of all its cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Kellison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Works best as a shaving creme for me :)

This stuff is super cool though, very luxerious and so cheap.

Use it on your
Hair
Skin (not face if your acne prone)
Cuticles
Lips
You can even eat it!

I love it when I can use a good natural product in place of so many things!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by jod84

Amazing stuff I use this as a hot oil treatment and a leave in treatment for my hair it feel so soft and shinny. I've used so many over priced hair products for my dry bleached hair and this stuff is the only thing that as improved my hair. I also use it on my face body I put a little in my bath water to keep my skin soft on my lips feet its great

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by monkeytron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Used for hair:
I've used coconut oil as a hair mask which is good and fine, but I love it best as a leave in treatment. I take a teaspoon amount for my thick long hair and evenly distribute while hair is still wet. My hair dries to a soft, slightly piece-y look. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by iamommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought co to use as cooking oil after seeing it suggested from numerous sources for it's health benefits. Good for you yes, but seems to burn everything so I'll stick to olive oil for that. However, when it comes to using this as a moisturizer, I love it. It is oily obviously but I don't mind that. It absorbs surprisingly fast and leaves my skin feeling very soft and smooth. Plus it's full of antioxidants and skin nourishing goodness that fights free radical damage and has anti aging benefits. I've come to be concerned with the chemicals and toxins in a lot of commercial products so this is great and pretty inexpensive. A jar lasts me a long time using it on hair, body, lips, and face (it never makes me break out). I've also read that it offers some sun protection but I won't be depending on c.o. alone because I'm very fair. Also want to mention I used this to successfully treat my son's cradle cap when he was a baby, used it as a moisturizer for him and successfully treated diaper rash with it because it's a natural antifungal, antibacterial oil. It just has so many great uses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of extra virgin organic coconut oil from my mom. She bought a huge tub of it from costco. I tried this on my face and it didn't work very well. My face become itchy and uncomfortable. I have hyper-sensitive skin on my face, so this reaction didn't surprise me. I will still to my EM (egyptian magic) as my eye cream and facial moisturizer. I use coconut oil as a body moisturizer and I LOVE it. Yes, it's greasy but it doesn't stay greasy for very long. Also, my skin feels moisturized for hours... the whole day even! The coconut scent is subtle and not very strong - which is a plus. Seeing as how this is all natural, it will now become my daily moisturizer of choice. I still have a few tubs of BBW lotions for those times where i don't want to content with the "greasy" feel of coconut oil...but overall, more often this [coconut oil] will be my moisturizer of choice! I also tried this on my hair but it was a FAIL since my hair is naturally very greasy. Applying even the smallest amount of coco oil makes it looks extremely greasy. Still... i love this stuff!