July 28, 2014 | 2001 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Semi-Matte Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by meow730

My face turned really greasy in the T-Zone area after 2 or 3 hours of wear and the makeup would start to melt away. I tried setting the foundation with the various primers/finishers from EDM, but nothing helped. See my seperate reviews for those products.

I tried all the formulas from EDM, but none of them worked for my combo skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by mountaingem

LOVE it!!!! This IMO is the best mineral foundation-beautiful color selection, buildable coverage and lasts even in summer-HG status!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this. It gives coverage when I need it, but us light enough too just dust on for some "glow". It is not shiney but not matte either. A very good foundation for all purposes. Though I do use intensive too from time to time.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MarissaLynne

This foundation has really great coverage. It hid my acne scars and provided a beautiful, natural finish. I loved it... at first. A few days after I started using it I started noticing little skin-colored bumps all over my face called milia. I haven't used Everyday Minerals in months and yet I'm still struggling to get rid of these milia. The uneven, bumpy skin that results from Everyday Minerals is simply not worth it. I've heard from a lot of people that they had the same experience with EM. I'm also bitter about this stuff because my face had finally cleared up and now my skin looks worst than it did in high school. Everyone's skin is different so of course this skin reaction won't happen with everyone. But for anyone reading this - I wouldn't take the chance. Don't be fooled by the great coverage this makeup provides.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by bluegreeneyes2001

i really love this foundation! it looks soooo natural while still evening out my skintone. I got tha color Golden-Winged Butter and it is my PERFECT summer shade. i was lucky i got tha perfect shade my first try. it is great for sum1 with light-medium skin and yellow undertones. I buff it in with my Coastal Scents Ultimate Italian Badger Kabuki Brush and it blends like a dream. i checked tha foundation in natural light outside, in tha sun, in tha shade and it looked natural! score! looked at it indoors...natural too! it didnt LOOK like i was wearing makeup, it looked like i just had good skin which is definitely tha look i want. i thought to myself theres no flaw to this foundation. couple hours later i saw tha flaw.....grrrr....my skin is oily so after a couple hours i noticed tha foundation on my forehead and nose had changed from radiant...to shiny:( so i think tha semi-matte (for me anyway) was a little too semi and not enough matte. so i ordered tha same shade (Golden-Winged Butter) in tha matte finish so im crossing my fingers that this becomes HG material. if tha matte doesnt work or looks too chalky i'll stick with tha semi-matte and just use a finishing powder over it to combat shine. i'll update:)

UPDATE: grrrrr....tried tha matte version and it was too heavy an cakey for me, still great color but it looked unnatural. i wanted to love this but o well...i may try applying with a fluffy powder brush and see if the sheerer application will move this to second fav, rite behind Mark Powder Buff Natural Skin Foundation in Buff Skin:) i'll let ya no if it works betta applied with powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by nhatruc

After having a very bad experience with maybelline foundation,mufe,and purminerals. I decided to give everyday minerals a try, it took me 7 of the free order with just paying for shipping to finally got the right base color . But it was worth every penny! I had really bad pimples from all the foundation that i have try and now it has given my face a lot of scar. But i have been using everyday minerals for a month now and i truly love it. It not at all cakey. I love edm !!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The only good thing I have to say about this stuff is it does not break me out! And that is a huge plus considering everything breaks me out pretty much. This stuff is not good for people with oily skin! When I first apply this makeup in the morning it would look good but within several hours my face would look greasy, and the makeup would melt right off! It feels like the makeup sits ontop of my skin instead of actually blending in with my skin. I don't like any of there concealers either! I used this stuff for 6 months because it did not cause me cosmetic acne but the whole time I wore it I was on the hunt for a good foundation that doesn't break me out. If your looking for something good to use Lancome's Teint Idole is the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by doedoechachacha

Pros:
- It's cheap!!!! It's so cheap for makeup!
- It's natural. I mean for something you have to put on your face everyday, you wouldn't want something that is totally damaging to your face, or is full of random chemicals.
- I was surprised at the coverage. I used to use Laura Mercier, the liquid tinted moisturizer, and I had no idea a mineral makeup could cover as good as the liquid kind.
- You can play around with the colors. If something's not working for you, you can mix them around and figure out the perfect tint. Plus, it's nice that they have a forum where other girls help you out.
- It's fast to put on. The main reason why I switched from liquid to powder is that I hated how I'd have to wait for the liquid to dry before putting anything else on. Plus, I hated having to use my fingers or a sponge or something to apply it and smear it around. It feels lighter to brush it on and I don't feel like I'm moving my skin around brashly with my fingers. I also bought their "buff puff" (I think that's what it's called) which are those containers that hold the powder and also have an attached foam thing so the powder seeps right through and onto your skin. I should write another review for that but basically it's cut down my makeup applying time by a lot. Plus, it's easy to carry around without needing to use a brush.
- A small jar truly lasts a longer time than you'd expect.
- Great for people with oily skin. I feel like I can sleep with this makeup and not feel gross. I don't have particularly oily skin, but when I've used other makeup and I sleep with them on, I wake up to a greasy face.

Cons:
- You have to pay shipping. I hate paying shipping. But you know what? It's truly so cheap, so it's not that big of a deal, in my opinion.
- The jars are kind of cheap. I've been using one for a while now and the jars like, falling apart! It's okay, cause I moved it into a bigger and more sturdy jar.
- It's hard to determine your skin color when you have to purchase it online.
- I think the powder can come off throughout the day. You know what's funny though, is that once I had the makeup on and I was late to work and I was sweating so much cause I as I was trying to run here and there. And I noticed that my makeup actually looked BETTER! I think that the water (or my swear) helped even out the makeup and also hold it to my face better. Anyway, I went off on a tangent but basically my point is that this makeup is really good for a natural look, but very bad for a night time/going out look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in fairly light neutral in the sample kit and the 6 piece kit.
I have been using my sample container for a about 2 months now fairly regularly and am not even half way through with the tiny 5 gram container. I just tap a bit in to a lid of a full size foundation and use my edm flat top brush to swirl all over my face. I love the light application, I apply one layer and it covers any flaws and redness I may have yet looks like i'm not wearing any makeup at all.
After applying I spritz my face with either mac fix+ or evian spray to set. This takes the powdery look it may have away and also keeps my face from being so dry.
It's very affordable and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all.
I would repurchase this definitely!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by oOeye_candyOo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this makeup for over a year and I love it. I always get the 6 piece custom kit, and it lasts me over 6 months. Last winter I ordered it but because of Christmas the shipping took almost a month, so I had to use my old foundation and it felt disgusting on my face. With the EM foundation I feel like I'm not even wearing anything, and the staying power is amazing. I use their brushes which are amazingly soft, the body shop brushes which are $20 each that used to feel super soft now feel rough to me because of how soft the EM brushes are.