Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

In Everyday Minerals foundation, semi-matte is my favorite formula. =] Matte gives so much coverage that when I take it off, there is SOOO much makeup on my cotton pad, and I would just rather not have so much makeup on =/ It makes me feel so unnatural, like if I went out one day WITHOUT makeup, everyone would be like "uhhh what happened to you?!" Original glo is a little too light in coverage and kind of illuminates bad scars, which is a big NO-NO! So yup, LOVE this! =D

on 8/26/2009 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I initially loved this product. I got it in golden medium and medium olive; both of which fit my suited my skintone perfectly. It also gave good coverage and a good finish. The only thing was that t product caused me to break out. I have fairly good skin and have used a variety of foundations without breaking out. I've never really had problems with any makeup products and am not one to break out normally. So naturally, I don't know what ingredient in this product made me break out. I would continue using it if it didn't cause me to break out because I I truly think its a great product well worth buying/trying. But unfortunately, for now, its back to the standby makeup bag for now.

on 8/19/2009 2:01:00 PM

I have tried all 4 formulas, and this works the best on my skin. It makes my skin glow. However, it does nothing to hide my pores,i think it even makes my pores look more obvious :( .. and the staying power is bad, it starts to melt after 2 hours....

on 8/14/2009 10:46:00 AM

My face turned really greasy in the T-Zone area after 2 or 3 hours of wear and the makeup would start to melt away. I tried setting the foundation with the various primers/finishers from EDM, but nothing helped. See my seperate reviews for those products.

I tried all the formulas from EDM, but none of them worked for my combo skin.

on 8/13/2009 2:45:00 AM

LOVE it!!!! This IMO is the best mineral foundation-beautiful color selection, buildable coverage and lasts even in summer-HG status!

on 8/2/2009 2:44:00 PM

Love this. It gives coverage when I need it, but us light enough too just dust on for some "glow". It is not shiney but not matte either. A very good foundation for all purposes. Though I do use intensive too from time to time.

This foundation has really great coverage. It hid my acne scars and provided a beautiful, natural finish. I loved it... at first. A few days after I started using it I started noticing little skin-colored bumps all over my face called milia. I haven't used Everyday Minerals in months and yet I'm still struggling to get rid of these milia. The uneven, bumpy skin that results from Everyday Minerals is simply not worth it. I've heard from a lot of people that they had the same experience with EM. I'm also bitter about this stuff because my face had finally cleared up and now my skin looks worst than it did in high school. Everyone's skin is different so of course this skin reaction won't happen with everyone. But for anyone reading this - I wouldn't take the chance. Don't be fooled by the great coverage this makeup provides.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really love this foundation! it looks soooo natural while still evening out my skintone. I got tha color Golden-Winged Butter and it is my PERFECT summer shade. i was lucky i got tha perfect shade my first try. it is great for sum1 with light-medium skin and yellow undertones. I buff it in with my Coastal Scents Ultimate Italian Badger Kabuki Brush and it blends like a dream. i checked tha foundation in natural light outside, in tha sun, in tha shade and it looked natural! score! looked at it indoors...natural too! it didnt LOOK like i was wearing makeup, it looked like i just had good skin which is definitely tha look i want. i thought to myself theres no flaw to this foundation. couple hours later i saw tha flaw.....grrrr....my skin is oily so after a couple hours i noticed tha foundation on my forehead and nose had changed from radiant...to shiny:( so i think tha semi-matte (for me anyway) was a little too semi and not enough matte. so i ordered tha same shade (Golden-Winged Butter) in tha matte finish so im crossing my fingers that this becomes HG material. if tha matte doesnt work or looks too chalky i'll stick with tha semi-matte and just use a finishing powder over it to combat shine. i'll update:)

UPDATE: grrrrr....tried tha matte version and it was too heavy an cakey for me, still great color but it looked unnatural. i wanted to love this but o well...i may try applying with a fluffy powder brush and see if the sheerer application will move this to second fav, rite behind Mark Powder Buff Natural Skin Foundation in Buff Skin:) i'll let ya no if it works betta applied with powder brush.

on 7/24/2009 1:02:00 PM

After having a very bad experience with maybelline foundation,mufe,and purminerals. I decided to give everyday minerals a try, it took me 7 of the free order with just paying for shipping to finally got the right base color . But it was worth every penny! I had really bad pimples from all the foundation that i have try and now it has given my face a lot of scar. But i have been using everyday minerals for a month now and i truly love it. It not at all cakey. I love edm !!!!

on 7/19/2009 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

The only good thing I have to say about this stuff is it does not break me out! And that is a huge plus considering everything breaks me out pretty much. This stuff is not good for people with oily skin! When I first apply this makeup in the morning it would look good but within several hours my face would look greasy, and the makeup would melt right off! It feels like the makeup sits ontop of my skin instead of actually blending in with my skin. I don't like any of there concealers either! I used this stuff for 6 months because it did not cause me cosmetic acne but the whole time I wore it I was on the hunt for a good foundation that doesn't break me out. If your looking for something good to use Lancome's Teint Idole is the best!