Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Out of all the formulas, I like this one the most, it has a slight glow to it and great coverage!

UPDATE 2/16/11:

My favorite mineral foundation. After trying many liquids, Im back to this. Much prettier than and natural looking than liquid. Plus it is so affordable!

EDM was the first mineral makeup I ever tried (guess I was lucky it wasn't BE that causes irritation to so many women) and I loved it right away. Before, I sometimes would have some small pimples before my period and scars from them but after about a month after I started using EDM my skin cleared up. My mom who is in her late 50s also looks much younger wearing minerals. I like all EDM formulas except Intensive (it's just not for me) but semi-matte was the best for my slightly combination skin. It gives a natural seamless look, covers little imperfections well. The only downfall is that it starts looking a bit oily later in the day during summer when it's hot but I have yet to find a mineral foundation that doesn't, plus it's easy to fix using blotting paper. And secondly, it wears off eventually so in the evening you don't have much to remove. But overall it's a very good quality.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation, I absolutely love it. My skin stays matte all day without looking cakey or fake, the coverage is great, it matches my skin, and it's so quick and easy to apply (not to mention affordable)! I really recommend this to anyone who (like me) hated the original Bare Minerals because it made them orange and shiny, and wore off so quickly. I will purchase this again and again!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

In Everyday Minerals foundation, semi-matte is my favorite formula. =] Matte gives so much coverage that when I take it off, there is SOOO much makeup on my cotton pad, and I would just rather not have so much makeup on =/ It makes me feel so unnatural, like if I went out one day WITHOUT makeup, everyone would be like "uhhh what happened to you?!" Original glo is a little too light in coverage and kind of illuminates bad scars, which is a big NO-NO! So yup, LOVE this! =D

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I initially loved this product. I got it in golden medium and medium olive; both of which fit my suited my skintone perfectly. It also gave good coverage and a good finish. The only thing was that t product caused me to break out. I have fairly good skin and have used a variety of foundations without breaking out. I've never really had problems with any makeup products and am not one to break out normally. So naturally, I don't know what ingredient in this product made me break out. I would continue using it if it didn't cause me to break out because I I truly think its a great product well worth buying/trying. But unfortunately, for now, its back to the standby makeup bag for now.

I have tried all 4 formulas, and this works the best on my skin. It makes my skin glow. However, it does nothing to hide my pores,i think it even makes my pores look more obvious :( .. and the staying power is bad, it starts to melt after 2 hours....

My face turned really greasy in the T-Zone area after 2 or 3 hours of wear and the makeup would start to melt away. I tried setting the foundation with the various primers/finishers from EDM, but nothing helped. See my seperate reviews for those products.

I tried all the formulas from EDM, but none of them worked for my combo skin.

LOVE it!!!! This IMO is the best mineral foundation-beautiful color selection, buildable coverage and lasts even in summer-HG status!

Love this. It gives coverage when I need it, but us light enough too just dust on for some "glow". It is not shiney but not matte either. A very good foundation for all purposes. Though I do use intensive too from time to time.

This foundation has really great coverage. It hid my acne scars and provided a beautiful, natural finish. I loved it... at first. A few days after I started using it I started noticing little skin-colored bumps all over my face called milia. I haven't used Everyday Minerals in months and yet I'm still struggling to get rid of these milia. The uneven, bumpy skin that results from Everyday Minerals is simply not worth it. I've heard from a lot of people that they had the same experience with EM. I'm also bitter about this stuff because my face had finally cleared up and now my skin looks worst than it did in high school. Everyone's skin is different so of course this skin reaction won't happen with everyone. But for anyone reading this - I wouldn't take the chance. Don't be fooled by the great coverage this makeup provides.