April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2007 2:31:00 AM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So far, this is my favourite powder foundation. I used to use Clinique's Superfit Foundation which is a liquid but I find that liquid foundation is more messy, takes longer to apply, gives my face a sticky feeling and is harder to blend evenly everywhere. I went travelling last summer and decided that a powder foundation would be more convenient for travelling so I tried this one and I love it =) It takes away your shine and covers very nicely. Just be sure not to put on too much or it gets cakey looking. Also this wouldn't be good for people with dry skin as it mattifies. The cons of this foundation are that you have to reapply every few hours as it doesn't keep you shine free all day and also the green packaging is not very aesthetically pleasing :P But other than that, this is a very nice powder foundation.
UPDATE:
After using 1 and a half compact of this foundation, I'm moving on. Everytime I use up about half of the foundation, the foundation changes color. It'll start to grow dark flakes in it! I don't know if it's cuz I accidently got the powder wet or the environment is too dry =( everytime I scrape away the dark flakes, they would come back after a few more uses =( I would also just a little more coverage, I'd say this gives sheer to medium coverage. It also doesn't last long enough for me..so i'm trying MUFE duo mat now!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2007 6:10:00 AM More reviews by belle_079

Love this stuff.... Been using it for years. I hope Clinique never discontinue it. Its great for a matt finish over makeup or just to wear by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by TearzKim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I already have almost perfect skin but I just need a tiny bit of coverage for some old acne scars and slight redness, and this does the trick. I lasts all day and I hardly ever reapply, to avoid cakiness, although this has never caked up for me. This is definently my HG foundation, and actually does everything I thought Bare Escentuals claimed to do, because it never breaks me out either. I'm not sure I'd recommend this to anyone who needed heavier coverage, or was extremely oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Ava_B

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I would buy this again if I could find the right color. This powder would be great if my skin tone were darker. It seemed to turn my skin orange, so I mix it with a too light powder that I bought so I didn't totally waste my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by tarolita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This power foundation is toooootally diviiiiine! I got a small portion as part of a limited edition Clinique travelling palette and had not been intending on using the powder at all. I had been using Shiseido's The Make-up Compact Foundation but this is muuuuuch better. As soon as I run out of or give away my Shiseido foundation, I will be purchasing the full compact of this. PS: I like to use this over Shiseido's The Makeup Sheer Enhancer Base. They look great together, unlike the Enhancer Base with Shiseido's own Compact Foundation (that combination causes big-time flaking and 'balling' on my skin).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2007 9:37:00 PM More reviews by hooked

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product in the past but stopped because I wanted to try some of the great new mu lines that were coming out (with the introduction of Sephora in the USA). I have to say, with even trying some really coveted cosmetics, I still love this powder. Evens out skintone. Lasts pretty well into the afternoon. Not drying for my peri-menopausal skin and DOES NOT break me out. Contrary to what the last reviewer said, mineral oil does not cause acne. The molecules of cosmetic grade mineral oil are too large to penetrate skin (http://www.webmd.com/content/article/106/108253.htm). I use Matte Beige (MAC NC30-35, Prescriptives Y/O #3 Flawless Foundation). I apply it with Bare Escentuals' Flawless Application Brush. I use a little concealer for areas that need extra attention. I gave it a four because, superficially, I find the packaging boring.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though I've moved past the realm of this powder, there are some really great things about it. First of all, the colors are pretty good (even though I do prefer the Stay Matte Sheers--specifically Stay Golden). In this powder I used Matte Medium, which was when I was about an NC 35ish. It was a neutral medium beige color. This powder is silky smooth, and has a slightly creamy finish. Now, this powder does have mineral oil listed, which is probably why for many years I never tried it, but then gave it a shot anyway. Well, it has never broken me out. And if you look at readings about mineral oil, they say that it is not problematic for acne prone skin. Luckily for me, this proved true. This gives sheer to moderate coverage, which i liked. However, the only reason why I moved on from this one is b/c I needed one to control oil and one that had a longer wear time on my skin. Clinique is slowly going away from the dark marble green and moving to a lighter green compact, so that's an improvement, however, I'd prefer that they move completely away from the green theme. So, this powder would be perfect for those w/ normal to dry skin that want a little cushion for their skin and don't mind slightly more coverage in their powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by divini

This (in Neutral Matte)is one of my very few continually repurchased products. Perfect coverage, no caking, does not congeal over places where concealer was applied to hide an imperfection. It may feel a bit masky immediately after application, but it reacts well with skin oils and soon sets very nicely. It is also very buildable for bad skin days.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2006 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Tx_Kitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the one thing I never leave home without, it's amazing. I have been wearing it for 15 years now and will probably be wearing it for the next 15. It makes things so easy, I just put on lotion and follow with this and my skin looks amazing, I still get compliments all the time. I have tried similar products over the years but always come back to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by mochasplash

i have this face powder in 02 matte beige. it works well. i got it as a gift from when you purcahse something from clinique and you get sample products of theirs. it came in a nice little blue case with a sponge i threw away a long time ago. i use a brush to apply this and i love it.. it smells neutral and i dont break out.