Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

3.8

new:: Talc, Isostearyl Linoleate, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Trimyristin, Alumina, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7 Lake, Ultramarines

on 4/27/2007 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was the first foundation/powder I ever used when I was a teenager and now, at 33, I've re-discovered it. I have dry skin that's *very* breakout prone and this stuff is fantastic!!! I use a big powder brush and buff this on (the way you do with mineral makeup) over top my sunscreen and Clinique All About Eyes Concealer. At first it looks a little chalky and you think "Uh oh, too much". But wait 5 or 6 minutes and it melts right into your skin and it looks like no makeup at all! My hubby even commented that my skin looks flawless but looks like I'm not wearing makeup. Woo Hoo!!! This makeup is so nice and soft and smooth and it doesn't break me out even though it has talc and mineral oil. This is my new HG and I don't need a liquid plus a powder! It lasts all day, maybe just needs a touch up on my chin (the only spot that gets shiny), covers redness and my skin finally looks incredible! My skin is light olive and *very* yellow and Matte Beige is an absolutely perfect match. *****UPDATE***** I still love this for summer, but it's too dry and chalky on my dry skin for fall and winter. In the summertime, it stands up to humidity and sweating very well.

on 4/13/2007 8:34:00 PM

I have used this powder on and off for the past year. I really like to use it when I am in a hurry and don't have time for liquid foundation. It covers well but I prefer more of a dewy look. I gave this product a 5 because I have very sensitive skin and it is soooo hard to find products that do not irritate it.

on 4/8/2007 1:45:00 PM

This is a good all-in-one foundation/powder that comes in a jeweled green compact. The product goes on the skin smoothly. It's not to heavy, so it's perfect for people who want light coverage. At times, I feel that the powder coverage doesn't do much for my nose, which tends to shine easily. So upon multiple applications of the foundation/powder to my nose, my nose starts to develop a chalky texture.

on 3/29/2007 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought this powder after reading the reviews here. its ok, colour 7 matches well, but if used to often i have the impression that it makes my skin breakout.

on 3/28/2007 5:31:00 PM

Absolutely LOVE the finish on this--it covers without being "cakey" or too powdery. The color blends well with my skin, too (I'm pretty pale, and have a hard time finding foundation and/or powder that looks natural.) Only downside is that it really made me break out. One of the women at the Clinique counter (on a later visit) told me that anyone with acne or "congested" skin should steer clear of this one, that it can aggravate acne, but that she sold tons of it to women with "uncongested" normal and normal-to-dry skin.

If it didn't make me break out (maybe due to the mineral oil...which I hadn't noticed when I bought it), I'd be all over this product. Sadly, though, I won't purchase again.

on 3/26/2007 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have no idea what happened, but it seems like Clinique changed the formula for this product. I used to buy it all the time. However, lately, the product has been making my skin look orange. Coverage is great but I'm not liking the orange tint the product is giving me.

on 3/19/2007 3:01:00 PM

Right idea but wrong formulation. Makes my oily, acne-prone skin break out. I read here at MU that it has mineral oil in it. Duh!

on 3/17/2007 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So far, this is my favourite powder foundation. I used to use Clinique's Superfit Foundation which is a liquid but I find that liquid foundation is more messy, takes longer to apply, gives my face a sticky feeling and is harder to blend evenly everywhere. I went travelling last summer and decided that a powder foundation would be more convenient for travelling so I tried this one and I love it =) It takes away your shine and covers very nicely. Just be sure not to put on too much or it gets cakey looking. Also this wouldn't be good for people with dry skin as it mattifies. The cons of this foundation are that you have to reapply every few hours as it doesn't keep you shine free all day and also the green packaging is not very aesthetically pleasing :P But other than that, this is a very nice powder foundation.
UPDATE:
After using 1 and a half compact of this foundation, I'm moving on. Everytime I use up about half of the foundation, the foundation changes color. It'll start to grow dark flakes in it! I don't know if it's cuz I accidently got the powder wet or the environment is too dry =( everytime I scrape away the dark flakes, they would come back after a few more uses =( I would also just a little more coverage, I'd say this gives sheer to medium coverage. It also doesn't last long enough for me..so i'm trying MUFE duo mat now!

on 3/9/2007 6:10:00 AM

Love this stuff.... Been using it for years. I hope Clinique never discontinue it. Its great for a matt finish over makeup or just to wear by itself.

on 3/3/2007 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! I already have almost perfect skin but I just need a tiny bit of coverage for some old acne scars and slight redness, and this does the trick. I lasts all day and I hardly ever reapply, to avoid cakiness, although this has never caked up for me. This is definently my HG foundation, and actually does everything I thought Bare Escentuals claimed to do, because it never breaks me out either. I'm not sure I'd recommend this to anyone who needed heavier coverage, or was extremely oily.