August 20, 2014 | 2117 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2007 3:21:00 AM More reviews by MarieClaire9

i bought this powder after reading the reviews here. its ok, colour 7 matches well, but if used to often i have the impression that it makes my skin breakout.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by nic_b

Absolutely LOVE the finish on this--it covers without being "cakey" or too powdery. The color blends well with my skin, too (I'm pretty pale, and have a hard time finding foundation and/or powder that looks natural.) Only downside is that it really made me break out. One of the women at the Clinique counter (on a later visit) told me that anyone with acne or "congested" skin should steer clear of this one, that it can aggravate acne, but that she sold tons of it to women with "uncongested" normal and normal-to-dry skin.

If it didn't make me break out (maybe due to the mineral oil...which I hadn't noticed when I bought it), I'd be all over this product. Sadly, though, I won't purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by perfectcover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no idea what happened, but it seems like Clinique changed the formula for this product. I used to buy it all the time. However, lately, the product has been making my skin look orange. Coverage is great but I'm not liking the orange tint the product is giving me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

Right idea but wrong formulation. Makes my oily, acne-prone skin break out. I read here at MU that it has mineral oil in it. Duh!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2007 2:31:00 AM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So far, this is my favourite powder foundation. I used to use Clinique's Superfit Foundation which is a liquid but I find that liquid foundation is more messy, takes longer to apply, gives my face a sticky feeling and is harder to blend evenly everywhere. I went travelling last summer and decided that a powder foundation would be more convenient for travelling so I tried this one and I love it =) It takes away your shine and covers very nicely. Just be sure not to put on too much or it gets cakey looking. Also this wouldn't be good for people with dry skin as it mattifies. The cons of this foundation are that you have to reapply every few hours as it doesn't keep you shine free all day and also the green packaging is not very aesthetically pleasing :P But other than that, this is a very nice powder foundation.
UPDATE:
After using 1 and a half compact of this foundation, I'm moving on. Everytime I use up about half of the foundation, the foundation changes color. It'll start to grow dark flakes in it! I don't know if it's cuz I accidently got the powder wet or the environment is too dry =( everytime I scrape away the dark flakes, they would come back after a few more uses =( I would also just a little more coverage, I'd say this gives sheer to medium coverage. It also doesn't last long enough for me..so i'm trying MUFE duo mat now!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2007 6:10:00 AM More reviews by belle_079

Love this stuff.... Been using it for years. I hope Clinique never discontinue it. Its great for a matt finish over makeup or just to wear by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by TearzKim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I already have almost perfect skin but I just need a tiny bit of coverage for some old acne scars and slight redness, and this does the trick. I lasts all day and I hardly ever reapply, to avoid cakiness, although this has never caked up for me. This is definently my HG foundation, and actually does everything I thought Bare Escentuals claimed to do, because it never breaks me out either. I'm not sure I'd recommend this to anyone who needed heavier coverage, or was extremely oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Ava_B

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I would buy this again if I could find the right color. This powder would be great if my skin tone were darker. It seemed to turn my skin orange, so I mix it with a too light powder that I bought so I didn't totally waste my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by tarolita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This power foundation is toooootally diviiiiine! I got a small portion as part of a limited edition Clinique travelling palette and had not been intending on using the powder at all. I had been using Shiseido's The Make-up Compact Foundation but this is muuuuuch better. As soon as I run out of or give away my Shiseido foundation, I will be purchasing the full compact of this. PS: I like to use this over Shiseido's The Makeup Sheer Enhancer Base. They look great together, unlike the Enhancer Base with Shiseido's own Compact Foundation (that combination causes big-time flaking and 'balling' on my skin).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2007 9:37:00 PM More reviews by hooked

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product in the past but stopped because I wanted to try some of the great new mu lines that were coming out (with the introduction of Sephora in the USA). I have to say, with even trying some really coveted cosmetics, I still love this powder. Evens out skintone. Lasts pretty well into the afternoon. Not drying for my peri-menopausal skin and DOES NOT break me out. Contrary to what the last reviewer said, mineral oil does not cause acne. The molecules of cosmetic grade mineral oil are too large to penetrate skin (http://www.webmd.com/content/article/106/108253.htm). I use Matte Beige (MAC NC30-35, Prescriptives Y/O #3 Flawless Foundation). I apply it with Bare Escentuals' Flawless Application Brush. I use a little concealer for areas that need extra attention. I gave it a four because, superficially, I find the packaging boring.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No