TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 10/25/2012 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i was in desperate need of a heat protecter because i have long and thick wavy hair that i frequently style. i had read/heard amazing things about this product , so i decided to buy it...
BIG MISTAKE !!
i washed and conditioned my hair as usual , towel dried my it and sprayed about 4-5 pumps into my hair.
the smell was alright, but as soon as it hit my hair it made my hair hard. i tried to comb through it but it wouldnt untangle. after finally getting a comb through it i dried it completly and my hair felt like HAY .
do not buy , invest in a better product . STAY AWAYYYY

on 10/21/2012 7:46:00 PM

I've gone through 2 bottles of this, thinking that if all the Youtube gurus love it, it must work right? Then I ran out of my second bottle, and I decided to forego repurchasing and stuck to my Biosilk silk therapy as my heat protectant. This is when I realized, Tresemme heat tamer doesn't do jack for my hair. My hair turned out exactly the same, if not better, when heat styling without it. My hair is thick and coarse, and Biosilk on its own took care of the heat protecting factor.

So honestly, I think it's better to invest in a good heat protectant serum that also smooths, like Biosilk - you get more bang from you buck that way. I went through this spray very quickly (a month at most) and I feel like a lot of the product got lost in the spray. I prefer a serum or cream that I can control better. For the price, it's ok, but didn't make a world of a difference for me.

on 10/16/2012 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly, this product saved my hair. Every time I would blow dry and straighten, my hair had the most annoying, dried out, unruly texture. Before blow drying and styling, I spray this on my damp hair, distribute it, and my hair now looks smooth and shiny and bouncy! I feel like this is my new miracle product that helps my hair to behave! Even after straightening which is a challenge. Thank God for this stuff!

on 10/8/2012 8:36:00 PM

The smell of this doesn't bother me, it's nice but I'm not convinced it's doing anything for my hair. For reference my hair is shoulder length, thin, wavy. I don't notice any difference in less frizz or less damage sadly.

on 9/26/2012 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This product is very affordable and doesn't leave any noticeable residue.

So, why wouldn't I repurchase this?
1. I must be the only person in the world who doesn't care for the scent. It's subtle, but it lingers all day and sometimes I catch a whiff of it when I move my head.
2. I have thick, coarse hair and I feel like I need to invest in a cream or lotion protectant for my hair type. A light mist feels insufficient.

on 9/24/2012 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

this is a great affordable heat protectant - it works well, smells great and is super easy to use.

on 9/24/2012 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not too convinced that this product 'protects' my hair from the heat. I have used this for such a long time and maybe for some people it works, but for me, I'm not too sure. I can't really tell a difference, but I use this anyways just for the satisfaction of feeling like I'm protecting my hair even if it's just a little. I really like the smell of it too. The cons would be the packaging, it really sucks and can easily be leaked out if your traveling so make sure it's secure and locked. It's really affordable, I believe 3$? I don't exactly remember but quite worth it to try out since pretty much everyone has this on youtube and it's so hyped up.

on 9/20/2012 10:52:00 PM

This doesn't make my hair feel sticky like other heat protectants. And a friend of mine in class always asks what "perfume" I'm wearing whenever I use this :) overall, a nice product at a great price!

on 9/20/2012 10:16:00 PM

Awesome!!! This stuff works really well.It only costs about $5, and it helps with frizz and shine. It smells pretty too! The nozzle is neat, with a locking system. Good for travel. I use it every time, and just bought it's volumizing mousse counterpart.

on 9/20/2012 11:45:00 AM

I personally don't like this product.Yes does have a nice smell BUT for some odd reason, my hair looks a little more damaged than before I did anything to it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials