TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 10/16/2012 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly, this product saved my hair. Every time I would blow dry and straighten, my hair had the most annoying, dried out, unruly texture. Before blow drying and styling, I spray this on my damp hair, distribute it, and my hair now looks smooth and shiny and bouncy! I feel like this is my new miracle product that helps my hair to behave! Even after straightening which is a challenge. Thank God for this stuff!

on 10/8/2012 8:36:00 PM

The smell of this doesn't bother me, it's nice but I'm not convinced it's doing anything for my hair. For reference my hair is shoulder length, thin, wavy. I don't notice any difference in less frizz or less damage sadly.

on 9/26/2012 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This product is very affordable and doesn't leave any noticeable residue.

So, why wouldn't I repurchase this?
1. I must be the only person in the world who doesn't care for the scent. It's subtle, but it lingers all day and sometimes I catch a whiff of it when I move my head.
2. I have thick, coarse hair and I feel like I need to invest in a cream or lotion protectant for my hair type. A light mist feels insufficient.

on 9/24/2012 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

this is a great affordable heat protectant - it works well, smells great and is super easy to use.

on 9/24/2012 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not too convinced that this product 'protects' my hair from the heat. I have used this for such a long time and maybe for some people it works, but for me, I'm not too sure. I can't really tell a difference, but I use this anyways just for the satisfaction of feeling like I'm protecting my hair even if it's just a little. I really like the smell of it too. The cons would be the packaging, it really sucks and can easily be leaked out if your traveling so make sure it's secure and locked. It's really affordable, I believe 3$? I don't exactly remember but quite worth it to try out since pretty much everyone has this on youtube and it's so hyped up.

on 9/20/2012 10:52:00 PM

This doesn't make my hair feel sticky like other heat protectants. And a friend of mine in class always asks what "perfume" I'm wearing whenever I use this :) overall, a nice product at a great price!

on 9/20/2012 10:16:00 PM

Awesome!!! This stuff works really well.It only costs about $5, and it helps with frizz and shine. It smells pretty too! The nozzle is neat, with a locking system. Good for travel. I use it every time, and just bought it's volumizing mousse counterpart.

on 9/20/2012 11:45:00 AM

I personally don't like this product.Yes does have a nice smell BUT for some odd reason, my hair looks a little more damaged than before I did anything to it.

on 9/17/2012 9:50:00 PM

I love this heat tamer! It's so cheap and you get so much product!

on 9/17/2012 9:46:00 PM

UPDATE: dropped a couple stars because after prolonged (years!) use, I do think this is somewhat drying/building up/SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT. Maybe amid all the packaging changes they've also change the formula. At any rate, for a while I ran out & didn't repurchase, and continued heat styling with no protection (ack! I know!) and... my hair actually felt better. Less dry/coarse/unmanageable. So I've stopped using this product. I still think it's an OKAY budget product but I wouldn't use it daily like I was doing for so long.

I got conned into buying several way-overpriced salon versions of flat-ironing/blowout spray before buying this. I'll never go back!

Doesn't build up or feel siliconey/oily. Does help flat iron to move through the hair smoothly; definitely helps with blow-drying (I don't understand what I was doing before this stuff!). Makes everything about heat styling easier. Sometimes I use it even if I'm not heat-styling; it works as a very light detangler, or helps me just liven up dry hair.

The scent is inoffensive (practically unnoticeable, actually). My only complaint is the packaging. They're clearly working on it; every bottle I've bought has had a different lock/trigger mechanism. But the most recent one is really bad. Still, I bet it'll be different again by the time I run out. ;) For travel, I put a bit in a small travel spray bottle, unless I've really tested the current incarnation to see if it'll leak.

Video Reviews & Tutorials