April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by erovero

This is the best primer I have ever used. I have tried other ones, like from Bare Escentuals, but this has worked best for me. It makes my skin feel super soft, make-up glides on with it and stays on way better. It is pretty expensive, but just a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by bblopez64

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome primer. It leaves your face silky smooth! It makes application of foundation look and feel smoother. You can actually feel the texture difference if you apply your foundation with your fingers. I always get compliments on how my face looks when I use this primer along with any foundation. It really helps for my dry skin because it covers up dry areas and doesn't make them noticeable when I use foundation. I love it and it is absolutely worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by sarahu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been a good primer for me. If I don't apply makeup on top, it makes my skin look better. If I do, the makeup stays in place longer. My favorite part (and why I keep using it) is that it makes concealer so much easier to apply under my eyes. I have dark circles that I like to cover up but often the concealer can look to caked on. This eliminates that problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Cherry2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do think that this product helps my foundation go on smoother, but I have to be really careful to just use the *tiniest* amount. Too much, and it's like the Exon Valdez all over again.

I will not repurchase though, since I have found out that Monistat Powder Relief Chafing Gel is basicaly the same thing, and is $6 rather than $36. Works just as well for me, so why spend so much more?

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by natsnet23

this product is horrible. i felt like it made no difference on my skin and had no beneficial affects to my makeup. it didn't keep it on longer nor did it prime my face for the foundation. i will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ImSoBrunette

I have combination skin. I have dry patches on my cheeks but an oily t-zone. Even after I exfoliate and moisturize properly, this stuff never works for me. After wearing my foundation for an hour, I find that I have dark patches where I have dryness and my foundation slides right off after applying it.

The reason I coughed up the money for this was because I was hoping it smooth my uneven skin. It did not. All it did was accentuate dryness and make my foundation slide around. It might work for others but it definitely didn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have extremely dry skin, so I figured a primer in addition to a moisturizer would remedy the whole makeup catching on dry skin patches thing.. It did... But it also left my face a shiny greasy mess!!! Omg I've never experienced a greasy face or acne (not even when I was a teenager), and this made me feel remorse for my fellow oily peeps! UGH GROSS! tried without a moisturizer, same thing. exfoliated my face with a rough exfoliating pad after I wore this n I was sweating grease. Yuck yuck yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by shycho

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I generally apply this product on my t-zone area, and it works great! It seems to block out any excess oil on the t-zone, and lets my foundation set on my face very well. I love the packaging of it too, easily used with a pump that allows me to control the amount of product I want to use. I like the silicone feeling it has to it, as it tends to assure that the oil will be blotted out of my skin well. Overall, I really LOVE this product, but I am kind of wary about re-purchasing as for me, the product is a little bit on the pricey side, but the cons of this product really drags me in!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Ardybobardy

Does a great job, isn't trying or greasy and really does prolong my foundation. My only beef is the price! NZD76.00 at my local store, I can get similar and better products for much less, which is what I have done. I find as well the product does not last me very long. Yes I would use it again, but only if someone was buying for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by BlendedSoul

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a cyst/bad pimple that I messed with and ended up getting a scab. I bought the Smashbox Primer (the original one) and applied it to my face. My makeup looked awesome and the scab was easier to cover. The primer didn't totally smooth the scab over, but it did make it less "textured." My makeup went on much more smoothly. Now the scab is gone and there is a kind of "pit" in my face, where the skin is lower tha the rest of my facial skin. I put the primer on and it smoothed it out. It didnt completely fill it in, but maybe i shouldve used a bit more. Still, I'm not as self conscious. Great stuff. I will keep this in my MU drawer as a must have.