October 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I've never bought this in the full size because I could never justify spending like $30-$40 on primer. BUT I have bough several times in the small version with the twist cap at Ulta. I feel like this is the best primer I've tried. It's clear and smooths on the skin easily so a little goes a long way. It does seem to make makeup go on smoothly and stay longer. Overall I really like this primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by RiriG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second tube now after having it for over a year using pretty much every day. Really great stuff for me, I love the silicone smooth feel it leaves on my face. Makes my makeup last much much longer with a smooth finish! I love it day to day however on the odd day I find it a little greasy if my face is feeling particularly greasy on that day. ( which is why I rated it a 4/5) but I am yet to find a better primer.
Coming to the end of the tube I could clearly see there was a little more in the tube but I could t squeeze it out, so I cut the tube open to finish it off. But I could only do this for about a week before it started to harden. I was scraping the absolute last of it by the end so in no way did I waste a lot of it. Overall I think its great

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Pinkperfect10

I actually really like this product. At first, I didn't really use a primer but this was my first one. I noticed a difference right away, especially on how much more smooth my male up looked when applied. I have some finer lines around my eyes and laugh lines so this product helped from preventing my make up from getting built into those lines.
I have acne prone skin but I use a pore refiner serum before using this product so I didn't really notice any breaks out from it.
Overall, I would purchase this again and I've been using this tube for about a year now and it's lasted me so long!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by kellyscott55

This is a fantastic primer! I've bought this product many times and I love it. It does have a shelf life (it will get kinda gummy). You can't play with this too much while applying or it will roll off your face. It makes my face so smooth and flawless looking.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jeanniewalker

Another product i was suckered into buying that is over priced. I really don't see any benefits from this product. I bounce back in forth from this primer to another. The other seems to work better on my skin. But since I paid so much money for this primer I'm determined to use it. I'm still on the search for a cheaper primer. The search will continue.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm another one who got breakouts from this -- and when I compared it to the much cheaper Hard Candy primer (available at Walmart), the Hard Candy minimized my pores noticeably better. Both went on smoothly and left a nice finish but the hard candy even worked better under foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by graysuit

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the meow of primers! Meow! Love it. I know many girls complain of breakouts using this primer, but for me it is the opposite. I love the way it glides on and keeps my makeup on throughout the day. I have purchased my third bottle. I have tried other primers, but many are dry and make my foundation hard to apply. If I need a backup, I use the NYC Primer. Smashbox is pricy, but worth the price when I have to choose a product that does not break me out. Again, I love this product and I will continue to buy it. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by LCM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard this was the best foundation primer, but sadly it broke me out :( When I first got it I used it for a couple of days straight and that's when I noticed the brake-outs, a couple of weeks later I tried it again and it seemed fine until a couple of days of using it again. If you have sensitive, acne-prone skin like me it's a good primer for special occasions but I wouldn't recommend using it everyday because you might brake out too.

Other than the brake-outs it DID make my foundation stay on and still look good hours later, but it DIDN'T make my foundation look any better first off. I wouldn't buy it again because other than that it broke me out it didn't really do anything other than keep my makeup on longer and there's cheaper products that can do that.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by hollieua

I was looking for a primer and I heard Smashbox was the best to get. Well, after using it I have no idea why I was told to buy it. It didnt help at all. It is way over priced as well. I am still on the hunt for a good primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by stacialue0330

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

DESCRIPTION OF ME: Caucasian PPP (Lancome Color ID I-10 C, Teinte Idole Ivoire 2 C) with normal to dry skin.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Clear, odorless oil-free makeup primer.

PACKAGE: Tube packaging with a very simple, yet classic design. Lid stays on well and would be great for travel.

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE: Light gel consistency. Definitely do not feel this when I have it on, which is a major plus.

APPLICATION: After moisturizing my face and waiting for that to sink in, I used a large, pea-sized amount and applied it with my fingers in a circular motion all over my face, allowing it to dry thoroughly before applying my foundation.

SMELL: No smell whatsoever.

STAYING POWER: This is where my review starts to go downhill. Iím not sure if it depends on the type of foundation youíre planning on using after applying the primer, but Iíve had mixed results with this. When using my full-coverage foundation, it works like a champ. Using it with Smashboxís BB cream has been less-than-satisfying. Iíve also used it with my Jane Iredale pressed powder foundation, and it doesnít seem to play well with that formulation either. With the latter two options, areas of dryness and wrinkles seem to stand out from a 100 miles away. Also, the foundation starts to flake off around the corners of my mouth, nose, and chin. Not very attractive!

NATURAL?: Yes, until your foundation of choice decides to flake/crease.

COLOR: Completely colorless.

SUNSCREEN: None.

IRRITATION/BREAKOUTS: None. And Iíve used this quite frequently, in the hopes of making it work out.

OVERALL: For itís original intended use (with full-coverage for special occasions), it works great. Other than that, it seems to take the longevity out of my other foundation options. It could be that my skin is too dry (itís winter now), and perhaps I should try the moisturizing version of this instead of the oil-free. But, when it does work, it beautiful. A middle of the road primer for me, which is why Iím giving it 3 Lippies.

INGREDIENTS: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trisiloxane, silica, Dimethicone/Vinyldimethicone, Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

continued >>