October 25, 2014 | 1535 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2006 1:33:00 AM More reviews by LadyRay713

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it has this smell that makes me rack my brain trying to rem. what /where i was when i smelled it, and i can NEVER figure it out. its a country/fruity/kind of baked good smell lol- but other then that i like it.
i got a small jar in the trial pack, and just used it actually.. i needed something to really get at my face, i used about 1/2 the very small jar so about a teaspoon. i massaged for a while- i did notice that some of my blackheads were gone, but i have alot so its nothing new that a few go away- but the rest did look smaller... its not a mircale, but damn does it make you skin feel REALLLLY smooth

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2006 12:35:00 PM More reviews by TessyBuggyWuggy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have gone through about 3 or 4 jars of this stuff and I really love it! Its great! Just add a little bit of water and spread it on your face. I used it every night and then used Cetaphil to cleanse. My skin looked really great. (You probably think every night is too much, but i have super oily-acne prone-teenage skin.) So the other day, for some reason, I decided to get Clean and Clear's Oxygenating scrub. What a bunch of crap. Immediately I started getting black heads and whiteheads on my chin. My forehead looked like Braille. And considering thats the only thing I changed, i know that scrub is the culprit. I need more Burt's Bees! I dont know why I ever chanded when my routine was working so well!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 6:19:00 PM More reviews by kak513

The smell is good, but the texture is not. Gross little boogery knobs in it remind me of the squishy Fig Newton filling. I've tried this in many consistancies, and none were to my liking. It always left my face feeling coated and unclean. I have the mindset that Burt's Bees products are so great, but in reality, I'm most fond of their lip and hand balms, not any of their face products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 6:06:00 PM More reviews by kkt1210

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a really effective scrub. it has the potential to be harsh if you don't use enough water in the mix. i take out a little glob, put it in the palm of my hand and mix some water in with it then apply it to my face. i gently, and i say gently message it b/c the scrub is pretty chunky...so it will hurt otherwise. i spread it around my entire face then rinse. my skin is soft and glowy. plus the smell of citrus and nutmeg is really nice imo....smells very pure and natural, nothing chemical in here!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2006 11:02:00 PM More reviews by kitkatndan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My sister and I were like "what the HECK?" when we used this stuff. It is super gritty and it hurt both our faces!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2006 8:24:00 PM More reviews by courtlee128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like my apricot scrub much more to be honest. I really like the smell of this product but I wasn't crazy about the consistancy and it didn't seem to exfoliate that well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2006 10:39:00 PM More reviews by noor84

I absolutely love it! It my favoriate scrub hands down. I use to think that nothing is going to be better than st.ives but this is! It cleanses my skin and makes it feel so dewy! I just dont like the packaging but I guess its something to do with perserving its natural ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2006 1:22:00 AM More reviews by ISpendAllMyHubbysMoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great stuff, simple ingredients. Smells like citrus and nutmeg, very comforting.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2006 4:18:00 PM More reviews by sabong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked the scent, but the large granules clogged my sink. I wasn't crazy about dipping my fingers into the jar. I went back to St. Ives apricot scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2006 7:44:00 AM More reviews by lorio3733

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this product a couple of times in my mid and late twenties and I was never so ecstatic with it that I re-purchased. Mostly bought it on a whim when I saw it somewhere. I even swapped one a couple of years ago. I wasn't too impressed mainly because I have super dry, sensitive skin, sensitive to many products, even herbal "natural ones," and I thought the occasional pimple that busted out of my face after using this scrub was a direct result of the oily residue that it always leaves behind, no matter how much one rinses. Well, recently at 32 I began using retin a micro as an anti-aging regimen, and kee-rist, my face peels like hell, no matter how much I buffer. I bought this scrub again in a moment of desperate panic yesterday after walking around all week looking like a freaking crocodile in ankle boots, but this time, I loved it. I did something different that I'd recommend to any gals with sensitive blemish prone dry skin like mine: I washed with my great cleanser, Proactiv, and then I used the scrub, and THEN I washed with cleanser again to remove the oil and residue from the scrub. I worked wonders!!! My skin was clean and clear and glowing, and free of the reside that made me faintly hate this scrub for years. Today I look fantastic, after a week of flakies. People have asked me what I did to myself. Nice!!!