Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

on 9/21/2011 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This made me look extremely orange. It was terrible. I can't even return it because I lost my receipt.

on 9/12/2011 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i bought this as i wanted something lightweight, not heavy looking, but to cover up my dark spots. Talking about coverage, this was spot on. however, I also had the issue of the color being WAY off in the sunlight. I also think it oxidized a little bit and turned more orange-y as the day progressed. When i tried to take it back to a Dior counter, they spent 20 mins telling me i had the right shade and showed me ways on how to wear it, rather than addressing my concerns. in the end, i was stuck with my shade and they wouldnt exchange it for me. I was pissed. So now i have to mix luminizers on my face to get the shade to match me in the sunlight.
on a side note - this product did cause my skin to develop small bumps all over my face, so i had to desist wearing it. Ive never had this kind of thing happen EVER with other products or in general with my skin. I am still recovering from it!

on 9/3/2011 10:28:00 AM

I wandered into Nordstroms hoping to buy Dermablend for some scarring on the bottom front of my calves. They don't carry it but some Dior women grabbed me and raved about Airflash. They sprayed some on my leg, it looked amazing, and I bought it. When I used it the next morning and left the house the color was laughably off -- way too dark -- so be sure to check outside for a good match. When I returned they exchanged it without a grumble. The problem is volume. I have used it on these fairly small patches on my legs at most 10 times, and probably more like 8 times, but the can is completely empty. For $60 I expect a product to last for more than two weeks.

on 8/30/2011 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I was an avid Prescriptives user since the color matched my skin perfectly and I never broke out wearing it. When they took Prescriptives out of stores I was devastated. I've tried MAC, Clinique, and Lancome but never could find something that didn't break me out or make me look like I had Jaundice. Working in a department store you're exposed to many brands to test and try out and I couldn't help but try Dior's AirFlash Foundation.
Colors: Here's the downside, there's only 5 colors to choose from, so the colors will either work for you or wont work at all. I'm pretty pale so the color 200 works best for me and actually blends into my skin. Definitely test this product at the counter, go home and see in natural light if it works for you. If yes, go back and purchase it.
Application: This is where AirFlash is amazing. It literally takes me seconds to get ready and a little goes a long way. You can spray it directly onto your skin quickly and allover and then blend it with a brush or sponge. I personally use the Dior 'Backstage' Powder Foundation Brush which has a flat top, like a stenciling stippling brush. This allows for maximum coverage and easy blending, but any similar brush will do and have the same effects. For touch ups spray directly onto the brush and apply to areas as needed.
Versatility: The coverage is pretty good, the idea of AirFlash is to replicate air brush foundations and it covers any spots or scars that I have very well. It also doesn't make me oily or breakout which is a relief. It's perfect for travel but I warn anyone who is traveling by plane to leave this at home. Some people have reported it being thrown away since it's in an aerosol can and is 2.3oz. My favorite aspect of AirFlash is if I'm in a hurry or running late I'm out the door with good coverage in seconds.
I find using a foundation from a can persuades people to try it for themselves. I have 4 friends who currently love AirFlash. The downside is the price, $62 is expensive and without a discount I might not love it as much. Since a little goes a long way I can get roughly 3 months out of one can.

on 8/23/2011 9:58:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation since it's so convenient. One quick spay on my powder foundation brush (also from dior) and I dot it around my face then just blend it around evenly. I find this is the fastest and best way to make the most out of this can. Top it off with translucent loose powder since my skin gets oily real fast.
It feels very light, natural and you can never overdo it. Wish all foundations are made this way.

on 8/10/2011 12:38:00 AM

I love this product! I have had so many compliments when wearing this! I do not recommend applying this just by simply spraying onto your face, wastes too much product. I use a Sephora professional airbrush foundation brush to apply this with. It truly gives a flawless, airbrushed look. It lasts me all day, I never get oily or shiny, and it photographs simply amazingly. The price is steep but you are getting what you are paying for. I don't look or feel like I am wearing foundation when wearing airflash, it makes me look like i naturally have luminous, flawless skin. Defiantly recommend this!!!

on 8/1/2011 9:39:00 AM

This foundation works wonders!! You should really spray it into a flat top blush brush and buff it in circles. Your imperfections disappear and its a light coat. It feels amazing to put on as well. Its quite a treat because the consistancy is light/"airy" and has great coverage. I would recommend this to all my friends except for the price tag!

on 7/25/2011 5:15:00 PM

I love the Dior Airflash. It gives the perfect airbrush finish and lasts all day. I am a shade 200 and buff it on in circles with a stippling brush. Yes, it doesn't come in many shades but I was lucky that 200 was my perfect match.

I do work as a makeup artist and use this in my kit as well. It's very pricey but isn't a perfect complexion worth it? *cough*I also get a massive discount on it where I work which makes it a bit easier to afford*cough*

Love it!!

on 7/13/2011 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product just didn't work for me. No matter how I sprayed it on it always looked like Zorro marked me across the face with foundation. The spray lines were always too defined and after a while the bottle stopped spraying a mist and started sputtering.

on 7/5/2011 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not a fan of this product....goes very fast (if you spray directly on face-which it looks like many people do not to save product). I was attracted to the idea of putting foundation on quickly but you must do your blending.

Just wouldn't buy again...especially with the price tag

Video Reviews & Tutorials