April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by lolacupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this powder in shade W4 natural beige (if you are an NC30 in MAC this is the shade) I like the packaging, it has a nice decent sized mirror and a sponge. It gives nice coverage and doesn't make me look cakey. It makes my skin feel soft and hasn't broken me out yet. I will definately repurchase and I do recommend this

Update: after a couple weeks of using this i completly change my mind, it makes my face look orange and i am naturally tan so it looks bad, i dont recommend this and will try mac MSFN

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by jod84

better then mac hands downs...........its soft light easy to blend and gives good coverage 10 out of 10

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by shanny7854

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing good about this product. When i put it on it just sort of caked up no matter what i did. its a very heavy make up on my skin for some reason. It also made my skin very dry even though it already is dry. I wouldn't not recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by FaireMaiden

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thoroughly disgusted with the mess that is 'mineral make-up', I finally found a pressed-powder that works for me. I found the COVERAGE excellent; the APPLICATION creamy-powdery (in other words, not chalky); the COLOUR perfect for my skin-tone; the MATTE-FINISH just what I was wanting; and the STAYING-POWER lasted thruout my day. This pressed-powder makes me 'feel' and 'look' like my face has that 'finished' quality.

I really like the PACKAGING too. The top part contains the pressed-powder; the bottom part the SPONGE-applicator and a MIRROR. I like that the sponge-applicator is kept away from the product, and really like the mirror... a much-appreciated feature.

I bought this at CVS, and I have to say the little sales girl, (i.e. very young, *lol*), helped me so much. She showed me a handy-dandy little 'COLOUR-MATCHING' thingy that you hold against the back of your wrist that shows the best colour-match for your skin. At first, I thought the whole thing was hokey, *lol*, but as it turned out, it worked. I got the C1 (Alabaster) and it does match my skin perfectly.

As always, finding products that work is totally trial-and-error for all of us. I will be buying a couple more of these just to always have on-hand since I have finally found what works for me. I highly recommend this pressed-powder.

UPDATE: April 2011: A year later and I'm still loving this PRESSED POWDER, and have bought a few over this past year to keep on-hand in case they decide to discontinue. But this compact is just now getting down to the nubs. The center is gone, but there's still plenty on the sides. So, the amount of PRESSED POWDER you get in the compact is long-lasting.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by megnut123

This is a good powder. One of the better ones from the drugstore. I love how it loooks natoral.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Decent medium coverage powder that can work as a foundation ala MAC's Studio Fix. Comes in a double sided compact that holds a sponge and a mirror on one side and the powder with a window. so you can see the pan with printing on it on the other. The packaging is ugly and impractical to use. However, it does accomplish the task of keeping the sponge away from the product for storage. I use my own brush for better application usually a fine domed type brush like the Sephora #55, or the EcoTools Blush brush for perfect application. I said I wouldn't buy this again only because I hate the packaging, and it's comparable to other powders out there like Neutrogena Healthy Defense and Revlon Colorstay which have really nice compacts but it's actually a very nice powder with medium coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

Okay, despite my low rating on this product. I have already repurchased and used again. I hate to use my more expensive department store makeup on a daily use when I am just going to the office for work or the gym. So I wanted something simple with medium coverage. This serves its purpose. The color is actually quite difficult to match but fortunately most drug stores allow you to return. So I exchanged twice and am finally satisfied with the shade I got. I still think it doesn't quite match as well as I would like but it works. Its a tad dry on my face but again, that is what I would expect from a drug store brand. If I know I'm going to be taking pictures, I won't use this but it is perfect for the "quick grocery store trip."

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by thoughtbubble

I love this powder. I like natural look but I like my skin to feel matte, if that makes any sense..anyway, this powder does it. The shade is great, the coverage is great, I have nothing bad to say about this product. I don't use the puff that comes with the powder to apply, I use a big face brush to apply and use a softer puff to touch up during the day. I will definitely repurchase:)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by bjjacques

i got this product not to long ago and i will never get it again... you feel like your wearing pounds of makeup ... you look like your wearing pounds of makeup... feels like chalk when you put it on ... shows your pores... causes bad breakouts... its not a good one.
much love
brittany

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jdepp_84

I thought I would try this powder as an alternative to another one I use. But It was very chalky and it made my skin feel super dry. I will not purchase this ever again.