October 23, 2014 | 2122 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by jnpho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It could be that i'm using it wrong or my sample was dried up, but it was way too grainy for me as an exfoliate when mixed with water and didn't really turn into a paste (more like lumpy grains in some milky water). I have rosacea and sadly this did nothing for my skin, it didn't reduce heat or redness. I guess the plus side is peace of mind for not using harsh chemicals everyday but that's about it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by fychen

Love how natural LUSH's products are. This exfoliate my skin yet it is very gentle. I can tell how soft my skin feels after using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by kaileylovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

AOBS is a great product. On the package it says: "Evens out skin tone, reduces redness and improves the health and appearance of your skin, giving a natural healthy glow." I totally agree. I've been using this alongside Ultrabland for the past week and I love it- it smells lovely like lavender and it doesn't appear to contain actual lavender buds. I like to get a bit more than a pea and massage it like a scrub all over my face. My face is very smooth and feels relaxed after. I accidentally forgot my Ultrabland and Skin Drink one night and my skin didn't feel tight at all and had no dead skin on it in the morning from dryness. I am very impressed with this product and will continue to buy but will trade up for Buche De Noel when the holiday season is in swing. I love this stuff! Thanks LUSH

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference, I have sensitive, dry, clog-prone skin. I really enjoy this product. The scent is nice, very earthy and authentic. It feels moist and gritty un your fingers. The product is packaged in a plastic tupperware-type container, and sold by weight so you can by as little as you like at a time (or ask for a sample). I use this only when my skin is unusually dehydrated; otherwise, this will cause me to break out if I use too often, but very good at giving skin a boost. I'd love to use this on a daily basis - it's a unique cleansing experience and smells so good! The only thing stopping me from giving it a 5 is the unfortunate fact that it can break me out if I'm not careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Laurafergs

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this before. I got introduced to this back 1998, when my Mum got some for mother's day (and I, being a product fiend even at age 10) and I tried it. I've been using it on and off for around 5 years, since Lush reopened in my town.

It's lovely stuff. Soft, beautiful smelling, calming and soothing to your skin. It makes your face SO SOFT. It's probably all the natural oils, kaolin and almonds. This stuff is just gorgeous. A tub of it (which is about 150gm and around $15-16 AUD I think) will last me a few months as I only use it a few times a week/when I feel my skin needs it. Great value!

The only draw back with this product is, lately, I find it gets in my eyes no matter what I do. Which is annoying, but it doesn't sting or anything, so that's good.

It does exactly what it says on the tub, last for ages, it totally natural and a good price! How could you go wrong?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by alliegv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. I have really sensitive skin, and rosacea. This stuff is easy and quick to use, and calms my skin immediately. All you need is a tiny pinch (I actually use a dental floss pick to pinch off the product). Wet your whole face and mix the product into a paste, and massage it into your skin. All I have to say is make sure you wash every last bit off because any part that doesnt get washed off could make your skin itchy. This stuff made my skin feel so clean and soft; like nothing else!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wonderful product. The smell is very nice, you can smell the lavender strongly and a hint of clay, so it's very earthy.
I love how you have to use it. It's something vey different and I don't think it's messy at all. I don't like using milks and cotton balls and whatever else there is, so this is a very good alternative.
Angels on Bare Skin cleanses quite well (well enough for everyday use in combination with a mask now and then) and gently exfoliates. Again not very thouroughly, but it is a nice addition to this cleanser (a more thourough scrub might be needed once in a while).
Angels on bare skin really makes me WANT to wash my face. Not only because it's so good for my skin, but because it's so much FUN to use.
And that is something rarely seen in cosmetic products.
During the first week of using this product I did notice a few dry, eczema like patches on my skin. They disappeared in time however (it is said that ones skin needs time to addapt to LUSH-products) and now my skin is super smooth when I use it. I even notice that the few pimples that pop up now and then are gone in a amazingly short time thanks to this cleanser.
This won't help with acne (LUSH has other products for that), but it does help with the occasional pimple and reduces the redness, without drying the skin too much.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Trancent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must admit, I really gave into the LUSH hype, and I was in love with their products, even though they didn't really seem to work for me, though some things smelled amazing.
Firstly, the smell. I don't enjoy this particular earthy, lavender scent. It's not the smell I would expect or want in a cleanser. It doesn't exactly come across to me as fresh, but more, unrefined and undeveloped.
I used to use this cleanser (as well as Herbalism) when I was more naive, acne-prone and had much oiler skin than I do now.
A warning, these cleansers may work at first, if at all, but will eventually (probably after one tub) have no effect at all or break you out if you have sensitive acne-prone skin.
I also find the tub packing to be unhygienic, as you're continually sticking your hand into the same concoction, then taking parts away from it, while touching the whole product.
It can also be a messy experience using this cleanser, if you want something practical, worth the time, longevity and money, I recommend not purchasing the facial cleansers from this brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by bllhjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This probably would've been my HG cleanser if it hadn't broken me out. Every time I used it, it made my skin feel so soft and comfortable. Angels on Bare Skin did a great job of balancing my combination skin. I really looked forward to using it every day, but for the whole week I used it, I noticed that my acne slowly got worse and worse. It truly is a wonderful product, but I would be weary if at all acne prone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Xiaored

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not dislike this product, but I don't get the hype. I bought $15 worth and used it all. I did not feel like it ex-foliates enough for me. I also felt like it left a film on my skin. I developed cystic acne after the first week and over the two months I used this it did not go away. I loved the smell, but that is not enough to get me to buy again. I am a true Lush fan, but this one I can pass.