September 19, 2014 | 1547 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by bllhjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This probably would've been my HG cleanser if it hadn't broken me out. Every time I used it, it made my skin feel so soft and comfortable. Angels on Bare Skin did a great job of balancing my combination skin. I really looked forward to using it every day, but for the whole week I used it, I noticed that my acne slowly got worse and worse. It truly is a wonderful product, but I would be weary if at all acne prone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Xiaored

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not dislike this product, but I don't get the hype. I bought $15 worth and used it all. I did not feel like it ex-foliates enough for me. I also felt like it left a film on my skin. I developed cystic acne after the first week and over the two months I used this it did not go away. I loved the smell, but that is not enough to get me to buy again. I am a true Lush fan, but this one I can pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Mazzified

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is great, not too rough but it still does the job. I have normal skin on the oilier side and i use this about 3 times/week. Since it contains lots of almond oil i think a oily skin could get even more oily of this. I tried the black one that is similar to this one, dark angels or something and that one was just way too rough. You dont need much so it lasts a pretty long time. the packaging could be better, you easily get water into it which makes the cleanser thinner. lovely fresh and natural scent from lavendel

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by angieleehenry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use this every morning on my bare skin and it made my skin super soft. I have acne prone skin (adult acne) and this stuff made my skin feel clean without stripping it.

UPDATE: I now use Glycolic Acid to exfoliate. I no longer need to use this but still like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by 23Melanie23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a pot of this as I fancied a change from my usual lush cleanser - "herbalism". I found that it does cleanse my skin to a degree but not as well as I was hoping. It doesn't have much texture to it so i felt the need to really scrub it to get my face clean. I have combination skin and found that my cheeks and forehead which are quite medium to dry were left soft and fresh, my nose which can be quite oily felt coated and my chin, which is the only even skin area on my face broke out the day after I used it. Not impressed! I'd reccomend this for people with quite dry skin as I didn't feel the need to moisturise after using this cleanser, it seems a little bit too nourishing for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Blossom79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is pretty good for using over the whole face, including around the eyes, but I have managed to get small bits in which don't sting, but are anoying.
It is much more fiddly than a normal cream cleaners, with the same results. I don't find it exfoliating at all (the ocean scrub is the level of exfoliation I like).
It is fine, but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by nailgrl81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought 2.64 ounces of this at a LUSH store for about $9. Although it seems expensive, a little goes a long way, as you only use a pinch of it in your hand and mix it up with warm water. I recommend wetting your face before before using this. Don't use too much, like a big chunk or something, and only use a few drops of water for a pea-sized amount.
The lavender in the cleanser generally helps balance my oily/combination skin and my skin feels really smooth after using this. However, I'm not that big a fan of the texture of the product and the way it is packaged. The packaging could have been nicer and more secure, as when I take it with me somewhere, some of the little lavender sprigs fall out or wilt.
I would say this is pretty good for anyone's skin, although I will not be buying it again and looking for other cleansers due to the reasons described above. If you are looking for your HG cleanser, this could be a pretty good option to try out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by eleseisgreat

I love Angels. It is my favourite facial cleanser ever. The ground almonds are perfect to give you a really gentle, everyday exfoliation and it smells divine. One of Lush's best products in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by nadie124

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely ADORE this little pot of heaven!

I like to read up the reviews here on Lush products before I purchase because I find that although most of Lush's facial products I've used have worked well, it does appear a tad pricey. BUT it does last quite a while so it's good value for what you get - absolutely natural cleansers with no chemicals!

I found it slightly tricky to use at first, which is why I don't think I saw a difference but I found that if I used it out of the shower, on a dry freshly washed face, it works fantastically. It leaves my skin feeling BABY SOFT.. and I've never felt my face feel this soft with any other cleansers!! It almost doesn't need moisturising after.

Don't let the packaging scare you.. do what I do and use about 2-3 pea sized amounts on a dry clean face, and scrub in circles. Then wash with lukewarm water, no splashing, just gently cleaning it off your face. Be patient :)

You will not regret! I don't ever want to use a chemical cleanser again!

Absolutely beautiful product, Lush!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this facial cleanser and have been using it twice daily after my Origins Clean Energy. It definitely balances my skin after I remove the makeup/oil/grime. I use a piece the size of a grape though everyone says you only need a pea sized amount I like to use more to make a thicker more separable paste. I don't think it's really that expensive compared to other cleansers. I buy a 1/4 lb. at $13 with tax that will last (2) months. Overall I like what it does for my skin, I find the concept of creating the cleanser interesting, I like the natural ingredients, and the smell is nice. AOBS has become a permanent part of my skin care regime.

UPDATE: My love affair with AOB has ended. I began breaking out - maybe the warmer months are not the best time to use this product. I will freeze what I have and start using it again when it gets cold