September 20, 2014 | 896 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Orgasm-Laguna Blush-Bronzer Duo

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by jilligan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i absolutely adore this product and the glow that Orgasm gives my cheeks. I had been struggling with trying to find the perfect bronzer and i have definitely found it. Laguna pairs well with my skin tone. beware though if applied with a heavy hand this bronzer can make your face look kind of dirty. overall though a great duo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has grown on me. Initially it was WAY too pigmented and making me look like someone with severe windburn who had a brown streak under their cheeks -- not good. Even when I tried to apply lightly it was too much. Then I realized that the problem was the brush. These are highly pigmented and using them required that i get my first professional brush -- a sephora stippling brush. It has made all of the difference. When applied sparingly (which is possible now) I get a nice wash of pink and a slight contour underneath. So for those of you that are feeling like this is too dark for you or heavy -- try at Sephora with a good brush -- might make all the difference.
UPDATE: This sits in my makeup bag unused. Laguna is just too dark for me I think. I've tried and LOVE Cargo's bronzer in light.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by belle_30x

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the orgasm, but the duo isn't really HG for my skin tone. I'm somehwat fair skinned (until summer), and the bronzer looks too brown on me during the day. So I skip it and just use the orgasm which has a nice peachy color, but if I'm heavy handed looks more orange. I can use the contour in the evening, though.

I saw it on a woman with very white skin and it looked almost pink. You really have to try it first to see if it suits your skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've worn these colors just about every way you could. I'm super pale and use a BE brush with a light hand on the bronzer all over my face, then go to the blush on the apples of my cheeks. These colors are so pretty and I've had this forever, barely starting to show sign of wear. $37 well spent! The packaging stinks but the actual cakes of blush have not broken and I've had this in my mu bag for a long time. Will repurchase NARS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Geekette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I thought this was way too dark for me (NC20) but with a light hand and a puffy brush the laguna can look awesome, and it pairs very well with Orgasm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was going to get the bronzer only, since it is a truly neutral shade that actually works for me, but tried the duo at Sephora. I never liked O blush on its own, but together this really makes a nice soft healthy looking glow. My face looks alive! And extra points for saving me a step in the morning (pulling out two compacts....) I love multipurpose stuff and anything that simplifies my routine. These two shades go better together than either one alone, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by babyscorpion

I think this combination is great. On Mac foundation i am an NC30, and on Bare Minerals - Fairly Light. The Orgasm blush looks peachy on my skin, very lovely. I love wearing it during the day. And the Laguna bronzer is amazing for contoring and it looks like a light, natural brown on my skin. Very pretty. I love the packing of this, because it gave me the opportunity of trying two of NARS best selling together. Highly recommend checking this combo out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know I'm bucking the trend on this one but this blush duo didn't work at all for me. The Laguna bronzer looks muddy on me and the Orgasm blush looks orangy. I have fair skin and think these may be better suited for medium to dark complexions. I thought it looked very unnatural on me. However, if you have darker skin, then this may look very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by FrenchKris

On a recommendation, I purchased this duo. I usually only use bronzer, but figured it would be cost efficient to get the duo and try a new look.

I use the Sephora #42 Flat Blush Brush to apply both. Because of the angles of the brush, they not only fit the color beds of the compact perfectly (without sweeping into the other color) but the angles are simply perfect for the cheekbone and hilighting areas of the face.

Because of the density of that brush, I only touch it to the product. I do NOT wipe it across or back and forth because it would overload the brush with color and just be too much.

For a natural look, touch brush to apples with ORGASM BLUSH and blend back to ear, and touch LAGUNA with opposite side of brush and apply just under eye (and above cheeckbone) and work into a C shape around eye and just above. Blend WELL for a youthful glow with a hint of color for an everyday beautiful look.

I would say these tones are good for many, but best for fair-medium and medium-tan toned skins.

Enjoy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I finally gave in and bought my first NARS duo. I can't believe this thing is $30+. I had mixed feelings about orgasm since everyone and their mother seems to think this color is amazing, eventhough it looks pretty neutral and orange. I should have known it wasn't that great since the hype rarely meets expectations for me!

Laguna is a lovely nonshimmery bronzer that I apply in the hollow part of my cheeks, then I use orgasm on the apples. I think orgasm is AVERAGE in cheek color but definately is not worth the price. I don't know what skin color would work well with orgasm. I'm NC25 and I don't think it is spectacular on me.

Laguna is beautiful and I can see repurchasing this! I love to buy makeup but I don't ever seem to figure out how people use it up so fast!

I can probably find a dupe of the orgasm (ahem Milani luminous) if I want that kind of colored blush but I will be returning this, and just getting the larger Laguna bronzer instead.. It is almost $10 cheaper than this!