MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

on 3/11/2008 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This color is great with browns! I like using this with matte brown eyeshadows to give them a gentle shimmer. It looks silvery at first, but ends up being a pale shimmer.

on 2/28/2008 1:56:00 PM

I love Vex. What a cool colour. I have Hazel eyes and it brings out the green and gold in them. I bought this unsure of the colour but it is fabulous!! I definitely recommend for people with brown or hazel eyes.
Get it!!!

on 2/25/2008 5:35:00 PM

I really wasn't sure if this color would work for me at first...However I have worn it several times and I'm a convert. I have hazel eyes and it seems to bring out the green in my eyes, which is a good thing. Have worn it with Trax also with Carbon as a liner. I don't think it's for everyone.....I really like it.

on 1/30/2008 1:39:00 PM

I LOVE this colour! It's a very useful duochrome eyeshadow. It's a pale green, beige with pink shimmers. I use it with Satin Taupe or Mothbrown but It's cute even with Nocturnelle or any other purpleish colour.

on 1/23/2008 3:33:00 PM

LOVE this colour. It blends really well with so many different shades of greens, blues, purples and more. It looks great underneath the eyes and also looks crazy over top of Sharkskin shadestick if you're feeling a bit more daring.

I honestly don't see how people could not love Vex. I started wearing it years and years ago and whenever I run out of it I buy it again because it's beautiful and goes great with everything. I have relatively fair skin (NW20), brown eyes and dark brown hair.

on 1/12/2008 3:21:00 AM

This shadow is rather boring to look at in the pot. A pale-ish light beigey green colour. However on the lid its quite pretty because of the pink duochrome (that can barely be seen at all when in the pot). When I use it, which isn't that often, I like to use it on the inner corner, to blend out harsh lines or even as a highlighter when using with pinks and purples. Quite pretty but I don't think I'd repurchase simply because I don't use it all that often so will probably never need to.

on 12/29/2007 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

'Frosted death' is not inaccurate. I use this in tiny doses as a highlighter right above the iris, blended up my lid in a stripe [with other shadows - not alone]. It draws attention to your eye color like a magnet, and opens up the eyes by making them bigger and 'rounder' looking from the reflective flash on the round part of the lid. Don't ask, it just works for me.

I don't get any green out of it, just opalescent putty/pink frost, but it does draw attention to the green in my eyes. Any more than a little bit and yes you will look like Undead Closing-Time Barbie. You don't have to go back to the grave, but you can't stay here!

on 12/8/2007 4:30:00 PM

Really blendable looks great with purples and pinks. It's a silverish grey with pink and purple undertones. Nice for lid or highlight. Very versitile and great essential color.

on 12/7/2007 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I've owned this for years and I can't remember ever using it, or why I even bought it. Overall it's a quality eye shadow but the color just makes me think "frosted death." Well, on my NC42 complexion, anyway. Not even a little bit flattering on me.

on 12/7/2007 4:04:00 PM

I'm on the fence about this color. It looks so pretty on the back of my hand, a pinkish-purple opal color... but on my eyes, it looks like a dirty greenish-grey. I kept on trying to use it but so far, no luck... this probably would work well for someone with a warm skin tone, not a very cool one like me. I won't repurchase, seeing as how I don't use it very often.