September 2, 2014 | 1216 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Devon13

I LOVE this colour! It's a very useful duochrome eyeshadow. It's a pale green, beige with pink shimmers. I use it with Satin Taupe or Mothbrown but It's cute even with Nocturnelle or any other purpleish colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by kennedy83

LOVE this colour. It blends really well with so many different shades of greens, blues, purples and more. It looks great underneath the eyes and also looks crazy over top of Sharkskin shadestick if you're feeling a bit more daring.

I honestly don't see how people could not love Vex. I started wearing it years and years ago and whenever I run out of it I buy it again because it's beautiful and goes great with everything. I have relatively fair skin (NW20), brown eyes and dark brown hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2008 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Seary_Fairy

This shadow is rather boring to look at in the pot. A pale-ish light beigey green colour. However on the lid its quite pretty because of the pink duochrome (that can barely be seen at all when in the pot). When I use it, which isn't that often, I like to use it on the inner corner, to blend out harsh lines or even as a highlighter when using with pinks and purples. Quite pretty but I don't think I'd repurchase simply because I don't use it all that often so will probably never need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by CraxFactor

'Frosted death' is not inaccurate. I use this in tiny doses as a highlighter right above the iris, blended up my lid in a stripe [with other shadows - not alone]. It draws attention to your eye color like a magnet, and opens up the eyes by making them bigger and 'rounder' looking from the reflective flash on the round part of the lid. Don't ask, it just works for me.

I don't get any green out of it, just opalescent putty/pink frost, but it does draw attention to the green in my eyes. Any more than a little bit and yes you will look like Undead Closing-Time Barbie. You don't have to go back to the grave, but you can't stay here!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by clamster

Really blendable looks great with purples and pinks. It's a silverish grey with pink and purple undertones. Nice for lid or highlight. Very versitile and great essential color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've owned this for years and I can't remember ever using it, or why I even bought it. Overall it's a quality eye shadow but the color just makes me think "frosted death." Well, on my NC42 complexion, anyway. Not even a little bit flattering on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by hollicita

I'm on the fence about this color. It looks so pretty on the back of my hand, a pinkish-purple opal color... but on my eyes, it looks like a dirty greenish-grey. I kept on trying to use it but so far, no luck... this probably would work well for someone with a warm skin tone, not a very cool one like me. I won't repurchase, seeing as how I don't use it very often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Kammers10

I love this color, but may be a little too "warm" for my coloring, the slighest hint of gold with the pink undertones just doesn't quite hit the mark. Mixed with other colors I can use it. Excellent quality, shimmer but not a gawdy cheap frost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This eyeshadow is love! It's so pretty! I love wearing it with beauty marked in the crease! It's not quite light enough for me to use as a highlighter, on me it's a slightly greyer silver with reddish shimmer. However, it's an awesome color to play with and use to blend harsher colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by rihannsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An absolutely beautiful color, and one I wouldn't have picked out for myself. A beautiful duotone pink/ green, the clerk paired this with Steamy and Club and I love wearing Vex with them or by itself.

This makes me want to snatch up every duotone MAC makes.