Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product after sheer curiosity, but I'm now wowed by it. It's a neat idea, and pretty compact. Looks great to the eye, but on my cheekbones it left a shimmery mess, and on my eyes it was okay but not that much pigment. My True Color and BE shimmers are nicer.

on 4/7/2004 8:37:00 AM

WOW - this is a-m-a-z-i-n-g... you really do get that film star look... after buying this, although it is pricy, I will not have to buy my usual cheek highlighter as this block is everything rolled into one. I have only recently been trying Bobbi's cosmetic line, but I am well impressed!!

on 4/4/2004 5:50:00 PM

I so wanted to like this! I really like BB! But, I've had the original brick and then tried the new beige one. I disklike both intensely. The original is too orange/red/bronze wierd and beige is too dirt/brown/taupe weird. But, I tend to dislike shimmer on my face no matter how much I love the whole "illumination" concept.

on 4/3/2004 5:34:00 PM

I don't understand why the rating for this product isn't 5. I don't know what's wrong with some people, but this product is absolutely AMAZING. I don't mind paying a little more money if it looks great and this product looks great both as a bronzer and I love using it as an eye shadow. It brings out my gree eyes very very well. I am sooo satisfied and I would encourage anyone to buy this.

Most bronzers look too orange, brown, rusty or dirty on me, not this baby. It is GORGEOUS! Absolutely perfect bronze highlighter! I LOVE this product for my FFF warm skin tone!

Apply this product with a light hand & a goat hair brush. I use MAC's 268 Lg Angled Contour Brush, PC's Contour Brush or BB's Face Blender Brush. The proper hand & brush makes all the difference in the look of this product & controls excess shimmer

on 3/23/2004 2:57:00 PM

I actually got this as a gift when it first came out, and never used it! (Shimmer scares me) After searching the reviews here in P'ville, I started using the colors individually as e/s and I love it! And I rarely wear eye shadow! I just lightly sweep my brush into the product and apply and voila! I especially like the cream strip as a highlighter on my browbone - a very sheer, shimmery glowy effect! Haven't tried it yet as a bronzer, but that's next on my list of things to do! BTW, I am a PPP.

on 3/23/2004 8:32:00 AM

Got the pink version - looks really nice but the shimmer doesn't really show for some reason. I find alot of pressed blushes and bronzers too hard for a soft brush to pick up enough pigment - takes effort to get it to show.

on 3/17/2004 6:19:00 PM

The bronze is my favorite shimmerbrick! It adds a lovely glow as well as a hint of bronze color. I have combo skin and have had no problem with this making my oily skin look worse.

on 3/16/2004 12:59:00 PM

I've only had the BRONZE Shimmer Brick for a week now AND I've used it every single day. It's a great product, it brightens my NC42/Bobbi Brown Golden6 face BUT is not glittery, and I love that. It makes your skin glow BUT doesn't make it look oil slicked - it's definitely worth the money.

on 3/16/2004 11:33:00 AM

I got this as a stocking stuffer because I normally don't spend this much on one makeup product. I love it! It has little rows of color, and when you use the BB blending brush, it goes on "quietly" and can be built nicely to a deeper color as needed. It is shimmery, so I try to keep it on my cheeks and bridge of nose. Just makes me look refreshed, naturally.