July 25, 2014 | 1073 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 12:29:00 AM More reviews by powerwoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely love MAC's Fluidlines, so I was surprised that this one turned out to be a dissapointment. As others have mentioned, the pigment and texture are not on par with the other Fluidline shades. It goes on unevenly, and the color is not particularly flattering on me. It's not brown, and it's not purple. Makes my eyes look dirty, bruised, and tired. I'd hoped it would be similar to Trax eyeshadow, but sadly, no. I returned mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 10:54:00 AM More reviews by cyber_showgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I simply don't get the bad reviews here - Macroviolet's a cute, sassy colour, metallic warm plum, and of an equal good quality as the other Mac fluidlines - easy to apply, longlasting etc, though I personally find Bobbi Brown gel liner better in the black, Mac's fluidlines have a better selection of colours available, and are overall a decent, worthwhile product....

One of my top favourite "looks" ever is to use Macroviolet all over the lid as the base for a smoky eye and pack on Beauty Marked and Nocturnelle over it. It's beautiful and very dramatic but soft, and really, really lasts. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2006 10:24:00 PM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a lot of trouble with this. First with application I used the MAC #266 brush, I don't know if that's the wrong brush to use or whatnot but I had a hard time getting the gel eyeliner on the brush and then on my eye. It barely showed up on my lids and then it wiped right off within an hour. It's just awkward and not worth all the trouble!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2006 4:00:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love MAC Fluidlines but I'm not especially crazy about this one by itself. It looks like a blah reddish purple. There's supposed to be shimmer in this one but I sure don't see it. Also, the consistency of Macroviolet is thicker and drier than the other three I use (Graphic Brown, New Weed & Ostentatious). ** UPDATE ** I returned this one. I just did NOT like fighting this by going over and over the line to make it show up. It does not go on smoothly. This is nowhere near as easy to apply as my other Fluidlines.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love the product, hate the color. Makes my eyes look tired and just plain blah. It's a muddy plum color. If you have any red in your eyes or eyelids then stay away from this color.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2006 10:07:00 AM More reviews by damndisthing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

some how the lovely shimmery purple doesn't come out when you apply it to the eye. its a dull grey brown colour with no shimmer. I liked all my other Fls but this disappointed me lots

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2006 6:28:00 AM More reviews by jonz

Fluidlines are hands down the best eyeliners I have tried. I have blue/green eyes and Macroviolet empasizes my eye colour brillantly without screaming I'm wearing a purple eyeliner. Lasts all day.

This picture below makes it look more brown than it is but clearly shows the difference between this sort of plumish purple and other violet or lilac purples MAC has.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2006 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

As many others have said, it really is true that gel/cream eyeliners are easier to use than you would think. I never could get the hang of liquid liners and pencil liners aren't as nice as this product. Once you get the hang of it, it's fantastic. I also love and love the color of Macroviolet. My eyes are blue-ish and green, so the purple in this liner is good. True, it's not a bold swash of color upon first application, but it's just dark enough to make it noticeable and unique enough to be more subtle than, yet effective as, blacks or dark browns. I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2006 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lucyboo

i'm hopeless with eyeliner pencils, so this and stila's smudge pots is great for me for lining.
colour-wise, this is really good. looks very vivid and jewel-like in the pot, but in the fine line I draw, itís a very dark shade with just a hint of colour to distinguish it from being black or dark brown. It looks great against my dark brown eyes. Iíve found it very versatile: I wear it with all sorts of neutrals in warm brown-pinks and champagne tones as well as darker colours like macís trax.
stay-put-wise, it's also a wonder. Iíve used it with a variety of different stila liner brushes depending on the look I want to achieve Ė a subtle and natural look for day, or a strong lined look for night. once set it doesnít budge: great! this is especially important as I like to wiggle it into my lower lashes for definition, but it doesnít move around and migrate into the fine lines around my eyes Ė so I can rock a smokey look, not a hungover look!!
I canít comment on the longevity of the product yet, as Iíve only had it for a couple of weeks. but I keep it tightly sealed so Iím hoping it doesnít dry out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2006 12:41:00 AM More reviews by bearsma

I actually purchased this in Shade. I wanted to love it; love the idea, but the product dried up within days. I never left the cover off or anything..it just got crusty. I love the color; but, what a waste of money.