MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 5/23/2013 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for a couple of months now, it is my first and only gel eyeliner so I do not have anything to really compare it too. I love this product, for me the main thing is the staying power. I do get oily lids and wear UD Primer potion but would still struggle with transfer from eyeliner pencils. I have hAd no such issues since using this gel liner, also the intensity of the black is perfect.

on 5/21/2013 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Stays on all day. I use a artists brush from craft store to apply nice thin line. Less expensive than macs brush!

This is my holy grail eyeliner! I always find myself repurchasing this. I use this on my top lash line as well as in my waterline on occasion. This eyeliner lasts ALL day with or without a primer or an eye shadow base. This eyeliner goes on fairly dark, but it is soft and not too much. I apply this with a Mac angle brush and it works magnificently. Although this is somewhat pricey ($20), it is worth it. This eyeliner lasts all day and there is a lot of product in the pot. I love the packaging, it's simple and convenient. The only problem I have with this is that it only lasts a few months and it dries out.

on 5/15/2013 1:26:00 PM

The price is a bit expensive... about 20, but for a good eyeliner that lasts along time it's not so bad. The little container sucks a bit because it looks like it's a bit dried out but... there's a bunch of product!

Now for the real review... it's a nice eyeliner. It's really versatile, it looks good. I only gave it 4 lippies because after awhile... I find the liner seems to smudge. But it's not the liners fault because I am even using urban decay primer which makes anything stay! It doesn't matter what liner I use, they ALL come off on me for some reason. But this one seems to work the best for me. I find it doesn't come of really though if I put on a bunch of black eyeshadow and stuff for when I go out. But if you are debating to buy this or not, go for it! I would definately buy this one again then any other.

on 5/15/2013 4:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

HG. I am flabbergasted that Estee Lauder manufactures MAC fluidlines and Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners, yet there is such a difference in quality.
If you want barely visible coverage, or a more grey tone, try Bobbi Brown. Or, save your cash, buy MAC Blacktrack, and use less of it.
I have sensitive eyes (I can't even use paint pots without another base under them or I get a terrible allergic reaction) but I wear this on my waterline daily.

on 5/13/2013 12:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I love this gel eyeliner! I apply it with a MAC angled brush 266. I prefer gel and liquid eyeliner over pencil. I also find it easier to use as well. $16 seemed really pricey for a small container, but a little goes a long way! I never get raccoon eyes or any smudging!

on 5/8/2013 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner!! It glides on so smoothly and it stays on ALL DAY. It doesn't flake or smudge at all and is very long wearing. A little pricey at $15, but it's an amazing eyeliner so I won't complain! It may dry out if you do not close the cap tightly or leave it open for extended periods of time, so just make sure you cap it tightly after you use it.

on 5/1/2013 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pretty good eyeliner, cheaper than Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner. Blacktrack has a much more gel/liquidy consistency than Bobbi brown's, as a result I find that it smudges much more easily. I have oily and hooded lids so everything ends up transferring but Blacktrack is worse than BB. I do love how easy it is to apply, but it tends to transfer onto my contacts which is annoying. The color and finish are nice, starts very black then dries so it's not too shiny. I just am not thrilled with this liner so I will probably not repurchase. If you don't have oily/hooded eyes I would definitely look into it though.

on 4/30/2013 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This liquid eye-liner is fantastic! It's very easy to use as long as you have the proper brush. Amazing results!

on 4/30/2013 11:02:00 AM

Its alright. Doesn't work as well as Bobbi Brown's long wear. It smeared at the end of an 8-hour workday. Talk about major raccoon eyes! And, the product seemed a bit chalky/hard? I like to use a brush with it, and the product just a bit hard. I had to push it around to get enough product on the brush. Maybe I had bad luck and bought a drier pot. I want to give it 3 stars, but decided to give it 4 since it is a few bucks cheaper than other comparable cosmetic brands. Not bad if you don't have oily lids.