October 20, 2014 | 1602 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by MeggieBeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh, wow. Black Honey is just stunning. It's sheer qualities and beautiful color layers so nicely, if you want light, just put down a little lip balm first, if you want dramatic, just keep putting it on until you get the right depth. So moisturizing and pretty. My hubby loves it on me because it looks so natural. Pricey, but so worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by NaturalGirl1116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in spicy honey and I love it! It gives such a beautiful color to the lips. I love how light weight this feels on and it's also moisturizing. My favorite way to wear this is to put clinique superbalm gloss on top. I want all the colors!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by mamajess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lipstick makes me like I just ate a bowl of cherries and the juice stained my lips. I think it is the perfect amount of color for a sheer lipstick. It is buildable, but I prefer just one coat. It is moisturizing and goes on well. It is definitely a new staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by caroline_a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect non-lipstick lipstick for me. I have naturally red lips and this is really the only lipstick I have find that doesn't make me look like a vampy monster. It works equally well for day or night, and many of my friends with very different colouring also find it looks good on them. It is moisturizing, not sticky, doesn't smell bad, and is easy to use. I also like it's more grown-up packaging. It's a little pricier than drugstore lipsticks, but I like it so much that I don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As a very pale skinned brunette I was surprised to find out that the hype was true and it looked good on even my face. While it does not disappear as quickly as some reviews say - a few minutes? Really? Were you constantly smacking your lips together? - it isn't long-wearing. It also seems like you can build up the colour with a few more swipes. I love it and find myself using it with both neutral and eye-focused looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by hotpink5635

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! It is the perfect color for any season or any outfit. I have a fair skin tone and this color is not too dark or overpowering. It has no distinct taste, which makes it easy to wear and goes on smoothly and won't leave my lips with a gross lipstick film. I don't see how the coloring wouldn't be perfect on anyone. Way to go Clinique!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by QuilleyReturns

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

I've been wearing this particular Clinique product since I was 10. Yep, 1971. It was the one shade my mother let me get away with at that age because it was so sheer and natural looking. This is one of those product/shades that has surpassed the biggest negative of the product - the dryness factor. This is most likely due to the fact that it's a truly universal shade, easy to carry around and apply. I just need to apply a good lip moisturizer underneath it first. It lasts all day, looks great with tanned or untanned skin and wears down evenly. I hope Clinique never stops making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by vaigai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing! Bought this at Sephora a few days ago after reading all the reviews on here - awesome. Super buildable colour - goes on pretty sheer, but noticeable, perfect for every day. Looks like you just bit your lip - the perfect amount of darkening that it adds to your look without being obvious. Texture is super smooth and I like that the packaging isn't "lip balm" packaging. I'm 25. I need a lipstick that looks grown up, as great as Dr. Pepper lipsmacker is.. :D
They hooked me for life!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Silje01

At first, I have to say that I absoloutly LOVE the colour. Looks great on almost everyone skintone.. Mine is pretty cold, neutral, pink-ish alike, and I can hardly fint a lipstick which fits, but this does.
The fact that I can choose how dark I want it is fantastic, it is extremly buildable. For parties, dinners etc I use pretty many layers so I get dark, bloody lips, and for work and things like that I use a few layers so I just have a light, berry tint.
The package is small, precise and nice to look at. The price is great and I'm gonna use this for the rest of my life I think, hehe.
It is stupid that this almost doesn`t exist for sale in Europe. I`ve tried to find it here in Norway, Ireland and Sweden.. Waiting two weeks to get my lipstick is boring :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been on my to-try list and, since the last time I checked Lipstick Queen's "Medieval" was sold out, I went for it. This is a nice glossy tinted balm. The texture is smooth, kind of glassy.

I feel it's expensive for what you get, but I was expecting that. For me, as a very pale gal, this goes on pretty burgundy for me -- I think it also highly depends on the natural colour of your lips. Mine are fairly pink and rosy on their own, so this gives me a little more of a berry tint than some of the pictures on here show, I guess.

It'll be nice for work, when I don't want to full-on lipstick it up, but do want a nice hint of colour. The staying power is not great, but then again, it's not a lipstick. It's more like a tinted balm. I don't reach for this as often as I thought I might and therefore say I will not repurchase.