Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 5/31/2012 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have medium-dark skin with naturally purplish lips. This lippie simply emphasises the natural colour of my lips and evens out their colour. Very natural looking and nice texture. Great for people, who like me, are not comfortable with using a "proper" lipstick.

Will definitely buy again.

The only thing I don't like abt it is the packaging which seems a little lightweight to me... like as if it could be damaged easily.

on 5/30/2012 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I am medium complected with red undertones and fairly pigmented lips. Black Honey is so subtle and nice on me. The silver case is classy and fun to pull out of my purse. I can apply it without a mirror! It is the perfect mlbb color on me (and obviously lots of others) but beware, not everyone can wear it. My bff, who is very pale complected with naturally light pink lips, put it on and it turned ORANGE on her. Lucky for her, Clinique lets you return.

on 5/24/2012 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I remember being really impressed by the color of the Black Honey potted lip gloss, but this wasn't quite the religious experience I was hoping for. Nice consistency and no intrusive fragrance if slightly more brown than the brownish-plummy-berry I remembered. It's still a very useful color; I'll probably repurchase.

Edited to add that I put this over a coat of Benetint and presto -- I got the exact effect I remember from the gloss. Result!

I'm late to the game with trying this, but I love it already. Natural look, smooth feel. I do wish it lasted a bit longer but it's super easy to tote and reapply. This is going to be my summer go-to color.

on 5/20/2012 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love this "lipstick". Feels more like a lip balm, but the color is gorgeous on. My lips are naturally coral looking and the the black honey darkens and reddens them enough to make my lips really pop. I personally think this lipstick has pretty good staying power, about 2 hours? I also found the product to be moisturizing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This should not be called a lipstick. It's really a balm cum gloss. It's a pretty colour but it doesn't have any staying power. And your hair keeps sticking to it. Plus in hot weather, it melts and breaks really easily. "Almost" lipstick is so right.

on 5/1/2012 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the perfect MLBB (my lips but better) lipstick! In the tube, the lipstick looks frighteningly dark, but it's so sheer once applied. It's the perfect lipstick- I must be on my fourth or fifth tube by now. I won't wear anything else. I even lent it to my boss at an event and she swears by it now too!

on 4/24/2012 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is amazing. It looks very dark, but one swipe and it just enhances your natural lip color in the most flattering manner. Lovely.

on 4/24/2012 3:54:00 PM

I used to wear this lipstick years ago when I was a teenager. In fact, it was the only lipstick I have ever consistently worn, b/c I hate lipstick and how fake it looks on me. When this was discontinued I was pretty disappointed. Then I was flipping through a magazine a week ago, and lo and behold, it's back!! I went straight to the Clinique counter and bought a tube. I'm so happy. It is not a really thick formula and it goes on sheer, although there is a nice brownish red color to it. I really love this stuff.

on 3/20/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like the idea of the Almost Lipstick, but Black Honey is a horrible shade on me. I am super fair with blond hair. I prefer glossy nude color on the lips, so maybe that's why I didn't care for it. Will not repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks