MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

This is one of my favorite lipsticks, in general and from Mac. If you have darker skin tone this may not work for you, but if you have fair to medium skin this nude is perfect! It is very drying, because it is a satin finish. It is basically a concealer color, which I like! I always have a hard time finding a good nude since my lips are super pigmented. This lipstick hides my natural lip color, which I love. It doesn't make me look washed out, I have am about NC20-25 at Mac. Obviously I don't wear it by itself, but I do have to make sure my lips are moisturized and not chapped before application. It gives me the perfect pale lip! Highly suggest this if you are looking for a lip ereaser type deal.

on 1/12/2011 10:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I don't understand the hype surrouding this shade of lipstick. I love MAC but Myth makes so many girls look washed out. Unless you are trying to achieve a Snooki-inspired look or you're playing a zombie in an upcoming movie, I'd avoid this lipstick. If you want to go for a neutral look to make your eyes pop, opt for a sheer pink instead!

I've found that Myth is a peachier nude, and with my golden undertones that can be hit or miss depending on the day. Make sure you try out the other nudes (Creme de Nude, Peachstock, Blankety, etc.) in the store before buying this, to find out which one works for you!
That said, Myth is a pretty, very pale nude that will make most people look washed out if not applied carefully. The trick, I've found, is to "pat" it on so as not to accentuate dry lips or lip lines. I recommend a lipliner on more pigmented lips because this color tends to look odd without a base underneath.
My only qualms about this lipstick are that it's quite drying, so those with dry lips should look for a different finish; and that this stuff doesn't last long. Eating and drinking might make this lipstick come off in pretty strange patterns, so this is best for times where you'll be away from putting things near your lips - unless you have pale lips.

on 1/10/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Myth is gorgeous nude color that smells like a vanilla cupcake but it dries my lips out so bad. It looks chalky and flaky after only a couple of hours. I hate, hate, hate the finish.

on 1/5/2011 10:20:00 PM

This is the most perfect nude lipstick I have come across! My new HG! Perfect for my skin tone (NW15). Goes on smooth and creamy, great vanilla smell. I get compliments every time I wear it. And it doesn't make my lips feel dry like some other mac l/s do.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Another great story. I worked in cosmetics and noticed my coworker had this concealer like lipstick on. It did not look so nice of her but I really liked it. "Whats that you have on? "oh its Myth from MAC" I wanted to try it on so I went over to the MAC counter and tried it on lovedddd it! was ready to buy but the line was too long and I have no patience on saturdays!
So I left.
I told my best friend about it and she said "oh I have that color, but it looks awful on me! I'll give it to you!" Score! Got another MAC product for free, so I swapped her my 3 Lancome lipglosses cause its not fair to get everything for free :p
I put it on..loved it. Im so pale and yet it looks so sexy on me, I get guys compliment how naturally sexy I am..little do they know its lipstick! When I run out, i'll buy it again, I will say this though, it does not look great on everyone so try it before you buy it!

Great lippie! It's the perfect nude, not too drying, and doesn't look like concealer. I like to put Snob overtop of it to give a nice soft pale pink lip. It's perfect for toning down pigmented lips.

on 12/31/2010 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It's really not a bad lippy if applied properly. I just uploaded a pic of it on my lips. I have a dark complexion with yellow undertones (c6 mac foundation) for reference. This is my routine (all mac products): Whirl lipliner then lip balm. After smooshing my lips together I dab Myth lipstick on. I top it all off with Just Superb lip gloss and voila a really nice light pinky/peach lip. You might ask why bother with myth if it takes work to make it look good and there are other alternatives like creme du nude... well for one it's very pigmented (so a little goes a long long way) and finally it lasts a long time on the lips!!! I took off one lippy because it's not a slap on and go kind of lipstick and it is drying if you don't put the lip balm on underneath. I will purchase this again but at the rate that it is being used It might outlast me ;)

on 12/30/2010 8:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I'm an NC15-20 with yellow undertones and can just about pull this off. It's a very light pink peach colour. Gives me a nude lip, but doesn't look corpse-like (along as I only apply a little bit). I rub my finger on the lipstick and dab my finger on my lips to apply...it gives a light layer of Myth so it doesn't look like heavy concealer lips. A little goes a long way and blocks the natural pigmentation of my lips well. I only wear this at night time because it's a little too much for day time wear for me. The formula is very drying, prepping the lips well beforehand is a must! Lasting power is decent but doesn't hold up through drinking/eating (I didn't expect it to tbh). I'd repurchase.

on 12/30/2010 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Personally, I enjoy wearing this lipstick but honestly the only way a person can truly pull this off is with dark/smoky eyes & proper application. When patted very lightly onto the lips, it will either give :an extremely light pink/white sand shade for someone who is fair-skinned, or a light pinkish shade for someone who is medium tan to dark. If ur fair-skinned, I think a more darker pinker nude is prob a better option than Myth... but for medium/tan to darker skin, its a beautiful color as long as you apply it sparingly at first, pat it on, & only add more if desired.The key to pulling off this lipstick is slowly building up color, aka patting it on lightly. DONT smear it all over the lips, otherwise, THAT's when you''ll get the "white,blankout" look that many other reviewers experienced. If you do apply too much, just tone it down with a thick lipgloss.

Recommended for Medium Skin