April 17, 2014 | 1433 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Unstoppable Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by apk2

I would say this is good for everyday use because it doesn't volumize as much as people would hope. But, boy, does it lengthen! A good tip for applying this mascara or any lengthening mascar, is if you want full long lashes, you first apply a volumizing mascara, then you let that dry and build up with the lenthening mascara. If you think about it, it makes sense, because volumizing formulas give you volume, while lengthening formulas give you length. Applying both would give you the best of both. I find that this mascara does exceptionally well when it comes to no smudging. When I first tried the volumizing and lengthening method, I was stunned by how long and full my lashes could look =).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by musiqphile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would say this mascara is just one step above Great Lash. While Great Lash is dependably horrible, Unstoppable is negligible. It has a good idea behind it: the brush has bristles that go every which way and these are supposed to get to each and every lash in order to fully coat them with product, but in reality, it just doesn't cut it. The brush is too big and so delivers too much product to the lashes, and this weighs them down. That and the formula's too heavy. It does a pretty decent job of not smearing, sure, but definitely does not lengthen as much as it promises. It doesn't do much for volume, either. All in all, if you're looking for a basic mascara that adds a little color to your lashes, and you don't care about pumping them up or lengthening them out, or even holding a curl, this is a good bet for you. If, however, you like big, long, dramatic lashes that create a draft every time you blink, look elsewhere.

oh, and Unstoppable has these weird little fibres in the formula that are obvious to the naked eye. more than two coats and all the fibres stick together--thus, sticking your eyelashes together--to give you approximately five huge, spikey lashes per eye. not sexy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by tresadorkable

This mascara did absolutely nothing for my lashes, the only good thing I have to say about this is it didn't smudge.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

The kiss of death for any mascara is if it doesn't hold a curl. Unstoppable did not hold my curl. Did not lengthen, volumize or anything. It is a basic mascara that doesn't work for me. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by leochild18

A lot better than the Great Lash in terms of clumping and flakiness, but not my cup of tea either, simply because it didn't provide enough thickness and volume to my lashes. I guess that's not what the product was aiming for, but it did manage to make my lashes look separated and defined.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by KeshieShimmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush is interesting, but as some had said it makes it difficult to apply to the bottom lashes.

Pro: I liked the darkness of the mascara, and no smudging! yay If I applied it in a few coats I did have 'doll like lashes'

Con: Took forever for it to dry, lashes like 'stuck together' no separation, did not see the length that I couldn't get from another mascara

I returned it the same day I used it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2007 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Six7Eight

I was surprised by the quality of this product. I have always used Maybelline Great Lash, but this was on sale so I thought I'd give it a try. It separates and lengthens my lashes, and true to it's promise, doesn't smudge!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 1:04:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this for 99 cents so I wasn't expecting much. Thickened my lashes well with little clumping, and did not smear or smudge at the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2007 12:44:00 PM More reviews by morningmusume

This is a great mascara IF you know how to use it. The first time I used it it went on great, but the second time as extremely clumpy. Yes, like the other reviewers have stated, it does glue your lashes together if you don't apply it properly. I have noticed that if I apply my bottom lashes first, it makes it easier for me to apply my top lashes if that makes any sense. I mean, when you take it out of the tube you should let the mascara dry for a while before putting it on. The mascara will still length like crazy without giving you clumps. This mascara has no thickening effect whatsoever, so if you are looking for volume, do NOT buy. Remember, let the mascara dry a bit before putting it on.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2007 10:53:00 AM More reviews by tecky

wonderful mascara! i use this on top of my shiseido mascara base & my lashes goes vavoom!
    I was actually going to buy my 2nd shiseido lengthening mascara but it was out of stock so I decided to give this a try since it has fibers.
    OH MY GOD! It is the cheaper version & even better than shiseido!
    This is washable while shiseido is waterproof which is quite bad for daily use.Shiseido is 1800 php while this is only 350php.
    Definitely a great buy!
    How I regret buying Diorshow.Its very expensive & it didnt even lengthen my lashes & smeared!

- after awhile i dont like this mascara.I'm going back to awake. Yes it did lengthen my lashes but clumps like hell!My lashes look like spider legs!

UPDATE- 9/20/07
    I cant actually believe I bought my 2nd tube of this mascara.
    It is great!I received Lancome Virtuose as bday gift, I tried it & oh boy Maybelline unstoppable is much better & cheaper.
    The only edge of virtuose is that it holds the curl better.
    Lengthening - I like this one
    better than ysl faux effet cils,diorshow& lancome virtuose!