July 29, 2014 | 1231 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I looove the smell of this! It's also nice and light, sinks into your skin quickly, and is a lot less greasy than most other Burt's Bees products. I keep a little bottle of this in my purse for my hands. I'm not sure it would work for really super dry skin, but for everyday it's fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

awesome! absolutely amazing!: ) love this stuff. love the smell. it's paraben and phthalate free! contains milk powder, vitamin e , honey. ect. ect. $8.99 8 fl oz. 98.25 % natural! :) great BURT'S BEES!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2008 4:06:00 AM More reviews by kabuali689

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I looove the smell of this lotion. It smells the best! Best of all...NO PRESERVATIVES or other crap. I used to use Jergen's Shea butter and I loved the way it smelled but it had paraben's in it and hydrogenated stuff...I just felt yucky after putting it on....but this Burt's bee's lotion smells amazing (not too intense) and it definitely moisturizes my body! My BF loves the smell. It is expensive, but you can also get it off eBay for less if you don't want to pay the $8.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kellymncole

I love this stuff!! I get sooo many compliments on how nice I smell after I put it on, not to mention that it does a great job moisturizing and soaking into my skin. The only down side is that it is a bit runny, but it's mostly all natural (aside from some fragrance, which to say the least is WAY better than a lot of other lotions) so I dont mind that it is a bit runny and you sometimes get too much out of the bottle. It's ok, I just end up moisturizing more than my hands, which I should do anyway. I got my first sample size bottle in a swap and I will definitely be buying this stuff again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Rowdysmomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I generally don't venture over to the natural skincare section of my local grocery store, but I just happened to be there the other day and noticed this lotion. I know there doesn't appear to be any peppermint in the ingredients, but to me this smells exactly like those Buttermint candies. I think it's the coconut that I can really smell, but I swear there's something minty. Whatever it is the smell is awesome. Now I have to complain about the consistency of this lotion. I find it is runny and takes a while to rub into my skin. Once it does absorb though it is just the right amount of moisture for my semi dry from tanning skin and it doesn't leave you greasy afterwards. The smell remains for a long time and I always can smell it on my pjs when I wake up in the morning. The price is a bit inflated for what you actually get, but really if I had to compare it to Body Shop lotions that are around the same price I'd rather go with this. It is definately not for super super dry skin but I'd recommend this for normal to slightly dry skin. Makes your legs look fabulous and dewy after shaving and it's a light enough scent that it probably won't interfere with most perfumes (in fact it seems to really compliment my Burberry Brit).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 1:46:00 AM More reviews by bluemelon

Burt's Bees Milk & Honey Body Lotion is a lightweight lotion. It's definitely on the runny side, but that's how l picture most lotions to be, because their first ingredient is water. But I guess different lotions vary in their consistencies. I quite like the runniness of this lotion though. I love how it absorbs well, leaving no greasiness or residue at all, and leaves my skin nice and smooth. The fragrance reminds me of brown sugar combined with coconut milk. But depending on how close up I smell it, I find it smells slightly different each time & as it sinks into the skin, it becomes nicer. I quite like it - to me it gives it a nice 'summery' feel & makes me think of the beach or a tropical island! But the fragrance definitely does linger for some time, unlike some of the other Burt's products where the fragrance does fade. So I can understand why some people would find the fragrance irritating. Also, fragrance is the 7th ingredient listed.

INGREDIENTS: Water, sunflower oil, vegetable glycerin, coconut oil, vegetable fat, beeswax, fragrance, glucose, xanthan gum, vitamin E, orange wax, aloe leaf extract, sucrose stearate, sodium borate, honey, milk powder, beta carotene & vegetable oil, rosemary leaf oil, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

When I used to work at Cracker Barrel, I would always stop near the Burt's Bee's Products and get a squirt from the tester bottle of this. I LOVE the scent.(I actually found another Cracker Barrel product with the same smell as this: Dionis Goat's milk hand cream in vanilla bean). Such a nice, yummy-yet light, scent. That said (as someone else mentioned) it IS runny and leaves your skin sticky-so not a great moisturizing lotion. So if you're going to buy it, buy it for the yummy factor.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by mkeck

Great hand lotion because of its light viscosity. Not a big fan of the scent. I actually find it somewhat offensive, like spoiled milk.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by ccoles22

Like others have mentioned, I found this lotion to be quite runny and, once it absorbs, sticky. The smell is nice, gender-neutral and unoffensive but it doesn't mesh well with my perfume and i'm not particularly drawn to it so I would avoid using this lotion for that reason alone. It's not all bad news: it really is a decent moisturizer once you can get past all the things i've mentioned above. It's not filled with all kinds of scary chemicals either!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by client9

The smell is great, very neutral and non-invasive. A bit runny texture wise, it is very light and absorbs quickly ime and it moisturizes quite well. Also it isn't greasy. I probably would not like this in the winter at all because I generally have very dry skin and this would not do much. Great summer moisturizer though.