October 23, 2014 | 1107 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not really sure what the hype about this product is? It's an alright powder but I don't see why it's so popular! It doesn't have allot of pigmentation and it keeps me just as matte as any other powder does. Also the packaging feels cheap and flimsy.. It's an alright powder and I might re purchase as it is so affordable and doesn't brake me out but it's also not a holy grail of mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this product 5 times now and it's amazing as a setting powder on top of my foundation. Works just as well as my MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural. I apply it with a large powder brush and helps contain the oil on my t-zone. The smell is not off-putting, it gives a light-to-medium coverage. Sometimes I just do concealer and this on top for light days and it lasts me a whole working day. Great stuff from Rimmel for such a great price!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I gave this product a five but realistically I would prefer to give 4.5. First off, my skin: fair, oily, dark circles. I need a good powder not because I want to be dead matte, but just want that 'clean' skin look. Not dammed oily all the time. I have been using a powder that costs me $68 a pop and while it looks great after the first application, re-apply and welcome to cake town!! Anyway I remembered this powder from previous years and although I had LIKED it, I remember it smelling bad and breaking in my bag. After scouring this site for a powder I decided to give this a chance once again. I am so bloody overjoyed that I did!! It is not only a relief that I no longer need to fork out so much $$ every few months, but the quality and finish is amazing. It leaves my skin looking clean, matte and most importantly, natural!! I can actually apply this alone over concealer and I'm happy to leave the house. I have discovered the ultimate application for me though. First I wash my face moisturise yada yada, then conceal and apply a thin layer of this powder. I do my eyebrows and eyes, then I have found I need less liquid foundation!! I only use a few small dots and buff it on OVER the powder and then finish with a tiny bit of this on my tzone. I never would have thought to do this but after seeing powdered primers I figured it couldn't hurt. The result looks great and I find I am much less oily. The reason I wouldnt give this a 5 is because of staying power. A 5 to me would mean no reapplication. And also slightly better packaging. But for the quality and finish? And price? I will never stray again. I am welcoming this baby into a long term relationship and will never stray again :P

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyLucas98

This is the best pressed powder I have EVER used! I have re-bought this many times and have stocked up on at least three more for when I run out of my current one. It comes in a variety of colours and it doesn't at all look cakey. The finish is a natural matte and does it ever stay matte as the title promises! I put it on in the morning and I DON'T have to reapply!!! It lasts right through the day. Now, my skin isn't necessarily oily but in previous powders I've tried I have had to reapply at least once throughout the day. Like I said, this is the best powder I have ever bought and I recommend it to anyone, no matter what skin type you have. It's not a bad price and it's worth every penny!! I will never go back to a different type of foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by AliceIsMadeOfMakeup

I have light warm beige skin so I thought it would make sense to buy this in Natural. I was pleasantly surprised with the price (I think it was about $4). I think it's pretty buildable and provides a nice matte look. I do have to use a bit more than I would like to get the desired look I want (completely matte all over) but it isn't really expensive and there's a decent amount in the container to begin with. As far as touch ups go, I usually head to the bathroom to powder the t-zone an hour and a half to two hours after originally applying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by blondebunne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The holy grail of matte powders! I never would have thought that this insanely cheap, drug store brand would be my go to for shine free skin!!! I only use the translucent, sometimes on top of BB cream or alone in the summer and it lasts all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by EmilyHobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is excellent after foundation powder! It really leaves you with that matte look. None of the grainy "I just put powder on" look. I'm really picky and this product is cheap and works great!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Minjeec

The price is nice. I have in transparent and it does really make me look matte, but not really in a good way. I dont know if its because im applying it too heavily but it makes my skin look very dry and flakey. Especially under my eyes and if you have small bumps on your skin. Not sure if i would repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by tuckerdout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sunscreen makes my skin look a little too oily, so I put this powder in 012 Buff Beige over it when I'm in a hurry to get to work everyday and it takes away the shininess!
The package is annoying because instead of a compact with a lid that flips open, it just has a lid that you lift off the top.
Also, the finish doesn't last as long as I would like, but for the price I can't complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent and practical product that I've been repurchasing for years! I use 001 transparent. Great for minimising pores, shine and sealing in your foundation. Definitely need to tap off the excess powder before applying to skin as it can go on quite heavy and powdery looking. Absolute bargain product so won't complain! Packaging very plasticy and non descript but again, for such a steal it's not important!