Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 10/31/2014 12:34:00 PM

I love this powder. I've purchased probably 4-5 of them at this point, and they work wonderfully. I usually use it to set my makeup, it blends great, and lasts for a while! I'm dry, so I never have to worry about blotting throughout the day, or oil control. It's more of a satin finish than matte, which is great for me because anything matte makes my dry skin look drier. The only complaint I have is that if you apply too much, it will start to look a little cakey. The only reason I stopped using this powder is because I found NYC loose powder that I'm really in love with right now.

on 10/29/2014 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It is good
the powder gives a little bit of coverage after the foundation
However, as it was claimed to be Matte, it does not really give a matte finish if you don't do a couple coats of it

on 10/29/2014 4:44:00 PM

My HG pressed powder. I've been using this powder for a long time, at least 5/6 years! It's great value, gives good coverage and isn't too drying. My only complaint is the packaging.. it's SO easy to smash! If you drop it you're in big trouble as it's so likely to break. I've never, ever got to the end of one without it smashing and i've been using it for a long time. For this reason i've moved onto something sturdier now- Mac Careblend Pressed Powder which I will be using for the first time tomorrow!

on 10/28/2014 6:21:00 AM

Lovely all day, trusty pressed powder to set makeup with! Just a stock standard part of my makeup collection, that allows the liquid foundation to demonstrate its components without overshadowing the finish of the liquid foundation. Great for oil control, especially in the translucent shade, which does not add colour but giving desired amounts of coverage.

on 10/26/2014 3:14:00 AM

I have combination skin and this powder makes look oily after only a few hours. I really wish it worked well for me considering the great hype for it.

on 10/24/2014 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The packaging isn't the best but the product makes up for it! I have no idea what I would do without it, it's a need if you have oily skin. Lasts for a while and doesn't cake up your foundation/concealer. It's at an amazing price and comes in different colours (I go for the translucent, not having to worry if it's winter or summer)

on 10/22/2014 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great setting powder for oily skin, long lasting matte finish and great coverage.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My holy grail product .... Amazing life saver for someone for oily skin. It does give natural shine control for 5 hours and does hide my pores
The only bad thing is the packaging is awkward and I have shattered it from dropping it at a small height

on 10/14/2014 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I adore Rimmel's natural bronzer, which I have repurchased several times, but I haven't been wowed by the matte powder. I keep this in my spare make-up bag, for work and on the move, and on the occasions I have used it, I've noticed my T-zone is shiny after a few hours, in comparison to using no powder or my regular Laura Mercier mineral powder.
The finish is nice enough, and I feel like the powders have improved since I was a youngster, though it might be my skin that's improved...

on 10/14/2014 1:28:00 AM

I was a bit hesitant to purchase this because I'd heard that a few people hated it. After I decided I was tired of spending $14 on my usual NYX powder, I decided to pick this one up at Walmart for $4 in the color Creamy Natural. You can't really go wrong for $4.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. This stuff actually keeps me more matte throughout the day than other powders I've tried. It didn't really give as much coverage as I'm used to, which was expected since I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be more of a setting powder than a powder foundation. However this shouldn't be a problem if you're using a good coverage foundation underneath. Someone who isn't looking for a lot of coverage and just wants to stay shine free could always use this by itself. I think it gives a pretty natural and smooth looking finish, less cakey than most.

I can also see how the packaging might be a problem for some (perhaps while traveling) but it's definitely no deal breaker for me. I will repurchase in the future :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials