September 21, 2014 | 2174 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by MonsterMeow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first pressed powder! I am using 001 TRANSPARENT

This product promises to control shine for 5 hours and help minimize the appearance of pores.

Unfortunately, it did not last 5 hours for me; instead only 2-3 hours. It did minimize the appearance of the pores though! So it's alright.

I would buy this again though, because we can always re-apply after the 2 hours!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best setting powder I have tried, and trust me there has been many (from high end to super cheap) I was always under the impression, the more you pay for a make up product the better it is. Well. Not true. This stuff is super cheap, and works like a charm. I have super oily skin, and this sets my foundation perfectly. I am shine free for hours, which is pretty darn impressive since, with most products, I am usually an oily mess mid day. I wish I could give this 5 lippies, however the packing totally sucks. It's hard to open and close and just seems poorly designed. Get on trend with regular pressed powder packing Rimmel and I will love you to the moon and back. I will however continue to repurchase this and look passed the poor packaging because the performance of this powder is aaaaamazing. A must buy for oily skinned gals, for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by kyleeje

so far, I really like this product. it doesn't get too cackey on my oily skin and still has some color to it to add a touch of extra coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by jaaaals

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this for setting my makeup and for touch ups! It does great with not making me look so cakey. I use the transparent one and it doesn't make me look "muddy" when I touch up especially since I'm an oily person. Plus, it's so affordable. I say, just buy it! You'll put it to use, trust!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by mascara4eveRR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really am enjoying this product. i use the shade 005 in silky beige it does a great job in controlling my oily face lol ive had it for about two months now and im really liking it, pretty sure ill repurcgase when im done with the one i have:)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by BrightEyes001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the shade Creamy Natural, which is literally a perfect match for my extremely warm, yellow skin tone. It mattifies well, I usually only need to touch up once on and around my nose. My only complaint is that it can look kind of chalky. It definitely looks like you're wearing makeup with this, but only if you're standing close to the person can you notice this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by mia115

after hearing people rave about this on youtube, I rlly had to try it. this product claims to give u natural shine up to 5 hours so I cant complain about it not lasting the whole day. I rlly like this product because its super inexpensive like I bought it for $4.99 and it gives me natural shine. also it smells good XD. im in the shade 005 silky beige and I like how this barely gives me coverage. im not so much into the coverage stuff. tbh this is the only face product I use, sometimes concealer when I have a pimple here or there but that rarely happens. it does a great job and setting my concealer tho. I highly recommend this but you might one of the ones that hate this. its only a couple bucks and it wont hurt to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by preslejen

I bought this after they discontinued my HG Dream Matte (which I'm still really sad about). I have the translucent shade, and so far I'm relatively happy with it.

It looks great right after I put it on, it has a nice matte finish which is exactly what I wanted. It's not too cakey and builds really well to cover up any shine.

My only two problems are that it doesn't last all day for me, and the packaging is kind of horrible.

I put on my makeup every day at around 5:50 am, and by 6 pm it looks oily. I don't end up looking like a monster, but it's just not the look I'm going for. I know that it's pretty ridiculous to ask for a powder foundation to look good until I get home from work (8pm) but Dream Matte was able to do that, so it's disappointing that Stay Matte can't.

Regardless, it does last much longer than a lot of other DS powder foundations.

As for the packaging, it's really basic. It's just the powder with a clear plastic lid over it. There's no mirror and it pops open easily in my bag, so it's difficult to use it during the day for touch ups.

And if you drop it, the powder will break and go all over the place. Obviously this is more of a me being clumsy issue, but still important to know for other people who tend to drop things.

So it's a great powder, with a few minor issues. I'll definitely keep using it regularly.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really enjoy this product I have gone through at least 5 of these powders. I have tried both the transparent shade and also the actually shades but the shades have no pigmentation so all the shades are like transparent shades. My favorite shade is the transparent shade. It does have very little specks of sparkles but once on the face you can't even tell. It does keep me matte but doesn't do anything breathtaking like keeping me matte ALL day but then again no powder does, well at least not for me ;). It also has a scent but I actually enjoy it and it doesn't make your face smell or anything its just a pleasant scent and I have acne prone skin and it doesn't broke me out. The price is amazing I get it for $3-$4 at my local drugstore and it comes with a ton of product. The packaging is horrible. If your going to keep it in your makeup drawers then its ok but if you keep it in your purse for touch ups or take it on trips the power can easily open and get all over your stuff and the lid breaks or has chunks fall off (sadly both have happened to me :,( overall really love the product NOT packaging and would repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by smnthalbrt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this to set my foundation and it does a pretty decent job. I've repurchased this stuff about three times, usually in transparent, but last time I went to Walmart they were sold out of that, so I just got the lightest shade, which is still basically transparent.
My skins normal/dry so I don't need this for oil control, just to set. Doesn't cake me up like other pressed powders I've tried.
Other than the packaging being a disappointment, it's a staple. I'm clumsy and have dropped mine and it shattered into a million little dusty pieces, it's only three dollars at Walmart though so it's not that big of a loss if that happens.