Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 6/24/2014 10:57:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just picked this up last week, I had a wedding to go to on the weekend and after reading really good reviews on this, I decided to try it (so I wouldn't have to fix my makeup every two hours). Well, I can't say it was a total miracle but it did actually do a really good job of keeping the shine down to a minimum, which was great! My t-zone tends to get pretty shiny the longer the day drags on and at the wedding I only had to re-apply this once out of about, 11 hours or so? I was pretty impressed. I hate the packaging though, which is why I didn't give it a full five lippie rating. It doesn't close very tight so i'm always worried it might pop open in my makeup bag. It hasn't yet but i'm just waiting for it to happen. Other than that though, this powder is pretty great. I'll probably repurchase in transparent next time though, i'm finding the Sandstorm shade to be a little bit too dark for my porcelain skin tone. Great job Rimmel. =)

on 6/23/2014 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I am so impressed with this powder - I have oily/combernation skin and although my primer (rimmel stay matte) and foundation (Lancôme Idole ultra 24hr) last all day and keep my oil to a minimum this powder gives me a matte airbrushed finish to my skin. I use a tiny amount in shade translucent to set my foundation then apply my bronzer (mac matte bronze) my only negative about this powder is in flash photos you do get a white case but for everyday work ect it's perfect!! And for £3.99 I don't think anyone can complain. I'm delighted with the results :-)

on 6/21/2014 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't understand the hype. This isn't really matte. There are very tiny micro shimmers in the powder. Biggest waste of $5.

Edit: Found out this also has fragrance in it. No wonder it smelled like a grandma. I threw this one in the trash.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

There is nothing mattifying about this powder! I have very oily skin and this powder did nothing to absorb the oil, rather, it sat on top of the oil and made my skin look streaky. I threw it out because it was completely useless. Thank goodness it didn't cost a lot because I hate wasting money, but this powder is not worth a dime.

on 6/19/2014 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product since every beauty youtuber is like in love with it, but personally I really don't see it. It's a pretty average power, it sets your makeup but apart from that there's really nothing special about it. I shall continue using it just to finish the product, but I will be going back to my Australis fresh and flawless powder which is an absolute holy grail.

on 6/18/2014 4:09:00 PM

The one and only powder I have ever used since I started experimenting with (my mom's) makeup as a pre-teen!

I use Translucent 001 because I'm not a fan of coloured powders, and also it's just easier because I don't have to worry about colour matching it to my foundation.

My only problem is the flimsy packaging. After about 2 weeks of use the clear cover didn't stay on and it took another week for a piece to just break off. If it's being put into my makeup bag I always have to secure it with an elastic band or it'll end up broken like my last one haha.

But seriously this is a great powder if you are just beginning to use makeup or are looking for an inexpensive powder that works.

on 6/18/2014 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this! The only drugstore powder I can put multiple layers on and it will NEVER cake on me! And I have normal/dry skin so for a mattifying powder that doesn't cling to my dry patches truly is a phenomenal product! Will definitely be repurchasing
PROS:
Controls shine for up to 4 hours
Doesn't cake
Sees immediate results once applied

CONS:
Packaging is cheap
Color selection doesn't have a wide variety

on 6/14/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have this in Transparent and it's a good, solid powder. The only thing I hate about it is the packaging...I was kind of blown away that it doesn't come with A) an applicator...I mean, even if they're shitty little sponges, it's better than giving you absolutely nothing! and B) A mirror...a powder compact usually does come with one, yes? Additionally, the plastic is shitty and cracked within the first week of my owning my first set.

It's such a good powder, but the packaging is so crap. I have repurchased, but I'm always looking for something better.

on 6/11/2014 8:34:00 PM

An essential in my makeup bag! I have dry/combination skin but this has never made me look flaky and has kept my skin looking matte all day long. Doesn't really have a smell, which I appreciate. The only thing I dislike about this is the packaging. It's pretty flimsy and the top will come off if not secured. Besides that, definitely one of my drugstore faves!

on 6/10/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The original price is somewhere between $11-$13. I bought it for about $5 at CVS (it was on special). The packaging is poor and the lid is a bit hard to keep on. Honestly, I don't know how this product would work when applied to someone with dry or combination skin. I personally have very oily skin and I break out often, but this product is absolutely amazing. The packaging and the price are absolutely worth it.
This product actually says what it does. I've had the fortune of finding a good Neutrogena liquid foundation (good for oily skin) and a good No 7 Matte primer (both at reasonable price) and those two (the primer and foundation), along with this product and my skin type seem to do a very good combination. If I had a different foundation that wasn't for me, or perhaps a different type of skin (dry), maybe this product would work different. For me, at least, it lasts 5 hours (like the packaging claims to) and I wore it all day today on a hot, summer day (also I'm kind of breaking out at the moment) and I only had to blot and repowder like three times. This is in almost twelve hours. It covers my blemishes better than my foundation (i ran out of concealer and haven't had the time to buy it). It really does leave a matte finish and it feels really smooth and natural on my skin, not cakey at all. When I first apply it, it is a bit powdery and cakey, but after three minutes of setting, it looks normal and natural.
Also, I've had trouble finding foundation in my skin color (i have this light medium, with yellow undertones skin color) and most foundations are either too light or too dark for me. I found that this product has pretty good skin variations (at least from light to medium, i bet they have a good variation of warm and dark colors). I got mine in 004 sandstorm.

Video Reviews & Tutorials