April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by cleo_satsweet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

To be fair to this powder, I need to start with my skin type. It is EXTREMELY oily. I have to blot every hour and still the blot papers are soaked. This powder works ok for me; I use it to set my liquid foundation. It removes all shine upon application and is quite colorless (i use deep dark; I am NC50 in SFF). I do blot every hr (like usual) so I think it does not "control" oil that well but that could just be my freaky skin. It does not break me out or turn ashy. One downside is that when I reach pan, it seems to break. And I know that I have never dropped it (I live alone...thats how I KNOW for sure). I have tried a bunch of other blot powders and they either all seem ashy or turn color on me. So for me, its not HG material but it will have to do since I have not found anything better yet.
Update: I have not found anything better yet and continue to use this. I have tried ben nye banana visage, nyc translucent loose, MUFE hd powder and others and most of these break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by bamnramn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other Eyes: Blue

okay, so let me start off with HOLY GRAIL YO!
before i start, ill explain my skin type, i have normal skin with a VERY VERY VERY oily t-zone. Like, you cant even imagine how much oil my skin produces in that area and how many hundreds of dollars ive spent trying to find a product to cater for it, and to be perfectly honest, i never thought id find the product that virtually eliminated my oily skin at MAC.
So basically this is a blot powder (obviously) but i use it as a powder foundation over my MAKEUP FOREVER FACE & BODY. I would class this powder as medium to full coverage, and i apply it with my sigma buffing brush for an airbrush finish.
So the benefits of this product are it comes in 3 different colours, i have really fair skin, so i got it in the lightest, and it does make you look slightly pale, but if your like me and you contour etc, that eliminates that aspect of this product. Or you could just get it in the next colour up, whatever. oh, and it doesn't oxidize :)
This blot powders staying powder is amazing, with alot of other products (eg mineralize skin finish, Dior skin forever, Studio fix) they tend to go flakey on your face due to blotting with blotting sheets, not this one though! MAC blot powder doesn't flake at all, but having said that, i blot like twice a day with MAC blot powder, because for some reason, my skin just doesn't produce oil with this product!, where with other powder/powder foundations, i was blotting at least 8 - 10 times a day, and my makeup looked like pure crap after 8 hours due to all the oil coming through and separating the product. With this product my makeup looks the same as when i put it on in the morning 8+ hours later! so please, if you have an oily t-zone and it really gets you down, GO BUY THIS PRODUCT!
Also, Since using this product, my skin has produced less oil, even when im not wearing makeup. I think this is possibly due to talc in the product (?), which i have heard is SO bad for your skin, but i havent broken out or anything! my skin LOOKS better even without makeup on!
okay so this product is $36 australian, which is pretty good for a MAC product, and considering its my holy grail, i have spent tripple on powders/powder foundations which were pure crap!
I would describe the consistency/texture of this product as chalky/powdery, but if you apply it correctly (so, with a buffing brush, not the stupid sponge it comes with) then the texture doesn't matter.
Wouldn't recommend to people with dry skin, purely do to i think this product has a "drying your skin out" affect, but if you have oily skin and moisturise etc correctly your skin will stay the same, but yeah just dont buy it if you have dry skin, studio fix is for dry skin!
also wouldn't recommend for acne prone skin, mainly due to i feel some of the ingredients in this product MAY irritate pimples, and honestly, if you do have really bad acne, you shouldn't be wearing makeup, lets be honest, its just going to make your skin worse (i say this from experience) your so much better off just letting your skin recover and going on antibiotics. Until your just left with "oily skin".
anywho, cbf writing anymore, pre sure i covered everything. hope this helped!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by NK207

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this powder for about 4 years now, and I don't understand how I managed without it. It was a savior when my skin was super super oily, but I can still use it now on my combination skin, I just don't need to use as much product. It gives a velvety finish to the skin and reduced the appearance of pores and on my skin it lasts all day. I only need to touch up during the summer months, and in the winter months I use it just to set my makeup and it looks good all day. The compact packaging is a bit cheap, as I think all mac packaging is, but it is quite sturdy, at a comfortable size so it's easy to hold, has a nice big mirror in the lid and it's light and small enough to carry in your handbag at the same time that you get a lot of product. I need like 10 months to go through one compact. It photographs well and best of all, it is safe for acne-prone and sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by kolbaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i dont know how i lived without this powder before. this keeps me shine-free for HOURS if i set my makeup with it, it is VERY matte and conceals my enlarged pores. it gives a lovely velvety finish and is not cakey if you use it for touch-ups throughout the day. the packaging is quite cheap but the mirror is quite comfortable and its a good a good size and lightweight to carry in rhe handbag. its forever a must-have for my very oily skin, heaps better than jurlique citrus silk finishing powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by charmaine0527

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really love this blot powder, it does what it is supposed to do, which is suck up the oils on your face. it'll get a little bit cakey if you apply it with the sponge, i use a brush instead ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As the name suggests, it is a blot powder which means it absorbs oil off your face. Colour wise doesn't really matter since it is does not give any coverage. I have mine in medium and I am NC35.
One compact lasts a really long time.
I suggest using retractable kabuki brush with it since it is a more hygienic way and will not leave the compact crusted .
CONS i wish the packaging can be made like the MAC studio fix since it is more hygienic.
In conclusion, this Is a must have in summer days where your face gets oily. Careful not to put it all over your face to prevent over-drying. Put it over areas that are needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by lafytafy

A great basic powder for keeping the oilies at bay. Wait, let me rephrase, since most powders are TERRIBLE at keeping the oilies at bay. The BEST powder for keeping my extremely oily skin somewhat matte. I am deathly pale and I have this in medium. From what I can see, it hardly deposits any pigment, so I use this strictly for its oil-controlling properties on top of my BB cream. I picked this up in the fall-time, so I can't say how well it would work in the warmer months, but so far so good! It's pricey, but after going through so many powders that end up looking cakey or chalky, or that just don't control oil, I feel as though it's worth it. Plus a little goes a long way. It's my tentative HG (until something better comes along ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2011 5:59:00 AM More reviews by shalinir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is an okay powder I guess. I do need to touch up twice in a day if I am out. But what I hate is that the powder is not packed as tightly as I would like. It took only once for the compact to fall and the powder turned to dust :( Definitely not buying again!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by absolutelyalex

I'm actually torn about this product. On the one hand, I love the variety of shades and how easy it is to find a color that suits me even as my skin tone changes throughout the year (darker in summer, paler in winter). I also like that it blots and evens out my skin. It's never cakey either, so that's a real plus.

However, the mattifying effect doesn't last as long as I'd like, especially in the warmer months here in the south. I don't like the fragrance/ smell it has, it reminds me of some kind of chemical, so that bothers me. This is the product I go back to time and again but I wouldn't say I'm a 100% happy with it, perhaps around 75%.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by jpqn

I've hit the pan on my first Blot Powder purchase so I can attest to the frequent usage of this product. It managed to get me through the summer with a glow to my skin rather than a sweaty mess had I not had the Blot Powder in my makeup bag. On occasion, it makes my skin look a little too dry/ cakey but it always gets the job done. I wouldn't say the packaging is really attractive but it feels durable and has lasted well as I never leave my house without it. The mirror is definitely very useful. Definitely buying this product again within the coming weeks.