September 23, 2014 | 1960 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This does a great job of controlling oil without irritating my skin. I previously tried the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder and it gave me horrible cystic acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just can't live without it, period
Nothing mattifies like this, and it makes my skin look good all day long. No breaking out at all. I love it and I've been faithful to it for 8 years or so!
(I'm NW20 and wear the Medium shade, it's really light)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by aqsa1

Loving this. Im on a mac kick. Iv brought the prolong wear foundation and thus over the top is fab. Just need to touch up during the day with this anc im good. Work 13/14 hours so its good andhasnt broken me out

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ashleytohl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all I believe that EVERYONE should own this product!

If I get oily or I even look the slightest oily or my makeup feels too shimmery just a swipe of this fixes it all!

I've had this forever and it feels like it'll last me ages! Go for a run/sweat and then stop at your nearest mac counter and check it out and see how amazing it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

First, about my skin: I have normal skin except in the T zone where I can get slightly shiny during the day. I get the occasional hormonal blemish, but overall I cannot complain, and do not struggle with problematic skin. So...that said, this product DOES work for what I need. I found the medium to be a little too light for me, but I don't cake it on so it works. I don't agree that it's translucent or colorless - it is. I don't use the puff it came with because I find it packs on too much product, in addition to not really being sanitary. Instead I keep a mini kabuki brush in my make-up bag in my purse that I use to lightly dust it around any area needed, and it does last for hours. The price was around $23 US, which is reasonable to me, b/c I don't use much and it will last me forever. The colors seem to run light IMO, so it might be a good idea to buy a darker color than you'd normally think you'd use. Packaging is typical MAC packaging. Overall, it does what I need it to and have recommended it to friends with very oily skin. I'll buy again when I finally run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is the absolute answer to my prayers. After trying this at a MAC counter, I was hooked; 5 hours later, my face was still oil free! I have combination skin and a naturally shiny face, meaning that even when my face is freshly washed, it's still shiny. I guess my skin is just really light-reflective or something. Anyways, I waited to ask for this as a birthday present because of the steep price and I am so pleased. Works just as well as I remembered. It makes my face flawless over my BB cream. What I especially like is that it doesn't gather into pores and wrinkles like many other powders do, and it doesn't get orangey or anything. I will repurchase until the end of time. HG item!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

Not long ago, half of this powder got all over the floor after falling from a chair - it's kinda fragile. But that's not why I give it only 3 lippies. It' Does work OK at reducing oil, but I think oil blotting sheets are a good thing to have with this. Else you can end up needing to powder your face several times during the day, and THAT did not go well for me. On me, this got cakey. Not as bad as Cliniques Stay Matte Pressed Powder, but it still caked. This is why blotting sheets are good with it. If you take the oils off first, it won't "soak" into it. Anyway: not for me, as I like my makeup to be undetectable. Too bad, as other people didn't seem to have the same problem.
I agree with a reviewer under: also on me Maybelline Matte Pressed powder worked better than this, and also Ben Nye's loose powder (comes in an inconvenient container, but it's also very cheap: 3 oz. for about $8). Else you can mix a blottig powder yourself. Things like silica, rice powder, silk dust and banana powder, mica, etc. For this it's nice to have a coffee mill. Tarte Smooth Operator Clay Powder is also a good alternative for oily skin, and gives a soft focus effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is THE DEFINITIVE POWDER for shine. It's a MAC Cult and classic all in one. Once you've appled it to your oily area (T Zone) or all over if you are that prone to oil/shine, there's hardly a need to reapply, that's how well it works. You could apply it 100 times if you wanted as it will never look cakey. It is so transparent (beyond translcent) when MAC first came out with it they only had Light and Medium. You can use Medium on a very dark skin tone and it would not look ashey. It just vanished shine and for longer than any other oil absorbing poduct on the market. It's used constantly on TV and in films on bald men or men who shave their heads as there's nohing attractive about a shiny bald head, especially in High Definition. They came out with differnt colors to appease the consumer. It has no real color of its own in the sense one is used to with powder. It's due to the fact there are very little color pigments as the formula is more geared to iradicating shine w/out deposit of any color. I don't care what skincare/cosmetic company has for shine which is either applied under or over makeup they do not perform like this truely amazing product. If you have always been bothered with oily/shiny skin all over or just in places this is what you've been looking for your whole life. Men use it as well as it is invisible. It's not cheap nor expensive, but worth every penny charged. It also lasts long as you use so little of it and barely ever need to reapply it. I prefer to apply it with a brush as oposed to the puff which comes with it. The size of the brush is important. The smaller the brush, the more deposit of product. A large brush will put this on too thinly. I like a small kabooki type style (a bit smaller than a blush/contour brush) with short/firmer hair. Marvelous!!! One of the BEST things MAC has ever come out with!!!!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by MaudyMac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and this powder is the only one that has made a huge difference in terms of reducing shine without looking cakey or powdery!

A good technique is to press the powder into the skin rather than swiping it across the skin. Pressing deposits the product where it is needed and helps in keeping the shine at bay for longer! Product looks transcluscent on the skin, so it doesn't add any colour.

I loooove this product for my oily skin!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by mka87

This is good, but I feel it's no better than my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. I actually bought this for the stage (to keep me matte for a performance) and it didn't hold up THAT well on my Studio Fix Fluid, but for everyday use on my lighter foundations, it works much more efficiently. I think I expected more given the hype and good reviews. I adore the packaging and it's a cracking product for on the go. So overall, I like it. I'll use it but I'm not sure I'd purchase it again as it's quite pricey. Hmm, MAC, hmm....

EDIT** I gave up on this, went back to it a couple of months later and realised how powdery it looks on top of foundation. Not great.