October 23, 2014 | 1984 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I love this powder! This is my new HG. This powder controls oil better than anything else I've ever tried. The medium-dark matched my skin tone the best. I tested the oil control/lasting power of my makeup by wearing this to work from morning until night. It was AMAZING. My face stayed oil free for pretty much the whole day (about 8 hours) without any touch ups. After about 8 hours, very little shine was glowing through. But, it wasn't a nasty oily shine, it was more like a nice, natural dewyness...which I don't mind at all & I actually prefer it. This even made my blush last a lot longer too. I'm impressed. This did NOT make me look orange either, which is a MAJOR deal breaker for me. The only thing I will say is that this will make you look cakey if you use too much, which can easily be done without realizing at first. I would also reccommend that you go one color up than usual. I bought this in the color Medium the first time, & it ended up being way too light for my skin, so I had to exchange it for Medium-Dark. So, this isn't completely translucent. Even though this is expensive, ($23 to be exact), I will still keep buying this. This powder is perfect for me. I also used Matte FX by Cover FX, & I like this one way better. The sponge this comes with isn't the best way to apply this. A brush works way better, & makes my face look airbrushed in conjuction with this powder. Highly Reccommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

My shade: NC25
The shade of blot powder I have is MEDIUM DARK. Dont order this online in the shade you think you need. If possible, go to the MAC store and take a look yourself. Though this is supposed to be mostly translucent, I picked the closest shade to my skin, which ended up being Medium Dark, which was actually a fair-medium shade in the pan. Even the darkest shade really is about a midtone medium and might look ashy on the darkest skin.

Effectiveness: Blot Powder is by far the best powder to keep my oilies at bay. It isn't a miracle product and sucks up all my oil, but it helps with shine and keeps my foundation (MAC SFF) from moving around during the day without looking cakey. I can reapply this up to 3-4 times a day without an issue of cakiness. Mind you, I only apply this to my t-zone where I get the oiliest. The best thing about this powder is that though it mops up the oil, it doesn't dry out my skin either. I leaves me with a natural matte, soft focused look that diffuses away from my large pores and imperfect skin.

If your skin is VERY oily, I suggest using a blot sheet first and then following up with the powder for optimal matte time (up to 4 hours for me!)

I don't remember the price, but I bought it about a month ago and theres a nice dent in my powder already from daily use. Theres still a lot left and I'm far from hitting pan even with multiple touch ups during the day, so this baby is going to last a while.

Overall, it was a GREAT buy and I think it's my HG powder during the summer to mop up my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

BUY ITTTTTT!!!!!!

Solves ALL previous hideous foundation purchases because everything looks better with this over the top. Now I can use up all the foundations which I have bought, enough to last at least 10 years. This powder is sheer and extremely matte and lasts ALL day, like I mean 24 hours. Pores, redness and shine are DEFEATED mwahahaha. Don't worry about adding colour, I bought medium dark and I have fair skin with pink cheeks. It works like a bloomin' charm!

Just buy it! I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by steffimccoll

I can't big this product up enough, its amazing! I have had oily skin for all my life, but its usually controllable. However, recently its really bad, like within 1-2hrs i need to powder again. Have tried various products but this is by far the best. Used this last night, hardly had to reapply. If you suffer from oily skin, this is a must. Well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's a good product because it doesn't get cakey, it makes my concealer last a whole lot longer because the oil won't melt it as fast, and it can mattify makeup i find a little too dewy.
i have used this as both a setting powder and a blot powder, though i do not blot generally because i really don't like having to touch up (which i normally don't). with this as a setting powder i can generally go all day without looking too oily, it gets a little dewy as the day progresses but i can just pull it off as "natural" looking.
i dont use the puff that comes with, there is nothing wrong with it, it's actually quite soft but since its a blot powder, and blot powders are designed to absorb oil, whats going to happen to the oil from the sponge u just blotted ur face with? its going to get reabsorbed by the product. my theory is (kinda) proved because some people do experience the product getting kinda soft when they about hit pan. and anyways the whole thing with germs is enough to put me off from using the puff anyways. if u use it u might want to keep the film, but put a piece of tape on it and cinch the middle that way u can still take it off with ease.

UPDATE: it survived track and field. so repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by bexidaisy

I love MAC Blot Powder!
On a night out this is a STAPLE in my handbag. It's the only HE product I risk taking out with me, becaise I just can't live without it.
The only thing I find weird is the shade selection. I'm very fair and I'm medium dark in this - which is odd!
I blot it all over my face to get rid of excess oil, and it evens out my foundation where the oil has tampered with the coverage.
I'm def going to buy this again when I run out!
xoxo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

I have really oliy skin, and using my normal loose powder mid day for touch ups really wasnt doing the trick.

I purchased this after doing a lot of research, and I have to say I am impressed. I get oily around noon, so I blot my face with blotting sheets, and then apply this over the oily areas. Ive also just put the powder over the oil, but i found you get better results if you use some kind of blotting sheet in conjunction. It works really well, i barely notice any sheen on my face when I go to wash everything off at night. It will be interesting to see how this holds up over the summer.

I threw the puff it came with away, you will definitely need a powder brush to get the best use out of this, without it looking cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by SleepingBag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing blot powder, though not quite finely milled enough so a brush application is required for me. There is a good selection of colors (even if it seems invisible to me). If I have a bit of privacy, I prefer to use blotting paper before dusting a bit of this on. When I'm on the run though, this does a great job.

My only gripe is with the packaging; I've lost tons of these due to product breakage. Avoiding dropping it is ideal but sometimes unavoidable...so frustrating. I searched for a loose format packaging to no avail so I am back to this.e

EDIT : June 17, 2012
Blot powder works but looks powdery and gets cakey throughout the day. Downgrading to a 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This does a great job of controlling oil without irritating my skin. I previously tried the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder and it gave me horrible cystic acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just can't live without it, period
Nothing mattifies like this, and it makes my skin look good all day long. No breaking out at all. I love it and I've been faithful to it for 8 years or so!
(I'm NW20 and wear the Medium shade, it's really light)