Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara

Water, Beeswax/Cera Alba, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Wax/Carnauba, Paraffin, Nylon 12, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Stearic Acid, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, PVP, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Panthenol, Dimethiconol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Isoceteth 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Simethicone, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylparaben, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide.

on 10/6/2013 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My favorite mascara, the only one I use now. Inexpensive, doesn't clump, flake, or smear.

on 10/5/2013 4:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've bought this product at least 5 times, and I LOVE it!!! I don't know why it isn't talked much about on YouTube because it's the best mascara I've ever used, even better than Benefit They're Real. It is the blackest mascara ever, it isn't sticky at all (like the Benefit They're Real Mascara), it provides so much volume: more than any other mascara I've used, it provides quite a bit of length, and it still leaves my lashes soft instead of stiff. For me this is an all in one mascara for my descent eyelashes. It's more of a volumizing mascara than a lengthening mascara though. I will continue to buy this mascara for a LONG time.

on 9/28/2013 9:27:00 PM

This really does make your lashes feel soft, and doesn't clump them or flake off.
The overall affect it has on your eyelashes is basically just a black and slighty lengthened version of your normal lashes. This mascara is good if you're going for a really natural look, otherwise go with something with a bit more oomph!

on 9/24/2013 10:11:00 PM

I really wanted to love this mascara, but, try as I might, I couldn't get that excited about it. It's not in any way awful, it just wasn't that impressive for me personally.

What I want in a mascara: Volume, some length, ability to keep some curl throughout the day, minimal clumping, and no smudging. I don't particularly want the whole "false-lash" look, I just want nice, volumised, defined lashes.

This mascara gave me a little volume (less than I was expecting, given that it's called FULL & Soft), and a decent amount of length. If you already have super full lashes, this would probably be good for a natural look. However, at least on me, it clumped my lashes together quite quickly - I really couldn't apply that much before it started to happen. It's partly that it has quite a wet formula, I think, but even when it dried out a bit (after the first couple of weeks) it still clumped. It's nowhere near as bad as Great Lash was in that regard, but it's still enough to put me off it.

It didn't keep a curl at all well; okay, so I didn't get the waterproof version, so I can't really complain, but it's just an observation.

Unfortunately the smudging issue is the one that really let this down for me. My eyes tend to water quite a bit in the mornings, especially if I'm walking to school, and this just went everywhere immediately if that happened. Again, it's not the waterproof version, but most mascaras are more resilient than this one! It also flaked a wee bit later in the day, which I can live with, but was a bit annoying. On the upside, it was very easy to remove at night!

It also didn't leave my lashes in any way soft - again, not something that particularly bothers me, but it's a bit weird, given the name.

I didn't hate this, but I won't repurchase, due to the (moderate) clumping and smudging issues that I experienced.

on 9/24/2013 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used to always have ja tube of this in my makeup bag a few years ago. I tried it again, and now I remember why I always had it.

Full 'N Soft does a good job of adding moderate length, volume, and definition - all without clumping. You can build up several coats to make a more dramatic look, but it's not one of those mascaras that give you a super dramatic false lashes look.

It doesn't flake, clump, or smear. Your lashes are soft after application - no crunchy lashes :)

I don't know why this mascara doesn't get more attention. It's always in a tiny space on a bottom shelf. I hope they don't discontinue it!

on 9/22/2013 8:51:00 AM

One word describes this mascara: Overrated.

I wasn't expecting miracles but I was expecting more. Perhaps I had old stock? From the first time I used this mascara it was utter crap. I applied one layer to each of my eyes, once it dried it was crispy and dry. Made them look stubby, short and clumpy...After one measly layer. All I wanted were lashes that weren't crispy and crappy.

I'll stick with maybellines yellow "the colossal" thanks.

on 9/19/2013 10:48:00 PM

BEST.MASCARA.EVER.

this is my first mascara. bought it when i was 13.
i've tried all the high and low end mascara out there and always come back to this.

NO CLUMP WHATSOEVER. looks extremely natural.

i hope they'll never discontinue it

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a nice mascara :) it's good for everyday because it's so natural, yet it does just enough to make your lashes look nicer. It separates lashes really well and makes them look thicker and a little longer. It doesn't give me any volume. The cap of the packaging could be nicer but it's okay. Pretty nice mascara overall :)

on 9/7/2013 3:46:00 PM

I know this is a well-loved mascara but I feel it is a bit overrated. While I like dry formulas, I feel like this one is TOO dry. I aim for a natural look, but this is so natural that it doesn't really do much. It's decent at thickening but I don't get much volume or length at all. It also smells gross, which counts for a lot when you're using it every day.

I recently tried it out again after not having used it for years -- I bought the waterproof version. I just didn't like it, didn't see much of an improvement in my lashes to justify the trouble of wearing it. Ended up throwing it away, which I rarely do. Could work for someone who wants a very very natural look for say, work or something.

on 8/29/2013 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use the waterproof version. I am latina, with thick, but VERY straight eyelashes. I curl my lashes with my Revlon eyelash curler, apply one or two coats of this and my lashes look amazing. My everyday look is more natural and when I want something more dramatic, I do have to apply it a bit thicker or more coats. The best part about it is that the curl keeps all day and never do I have smudging or transferring of mascara. I have been using it for about 15 years now and I admit I've swayed and tried other brands, high-end and drugstore, but this does it all so I won't be wasting my time or money on anything else.
I LOVE IT.