April 25, 2014 | 923 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Liene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I quite like this lipbalm. It's very minty, fresh, and does what a lipbalm should do. The mint tingles a little and makes my lips slightly more red. I like that! It's not the absolute best I've ever tried, but it's a good one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It dries out my lips. I keep trying different Burt's Bees products and none of them have worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The balm doesn't tint my lips with any colour, unlike other varieties in the Burt's Bees range, and whilst this does make my lips shiny this effect wears off within five minutes. But this contains peppermint, which gives my lips a tingle and makes my breath stay fresh.

It does do it's main job great, better then any other brand of chapstick I've tried; it keeps my lips moisturized and chap free during these colder months and helps keep breath fresh at the same time, so what more do you need?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this for two years already and I love the refreshing feel it has when you apply it to your lips. I like my lip treatments to have a minty and refreshing quality so I adored this and constantly used it. Waxy and easy to use, I would say this does the job of keeping lips from getting chapped

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ok, I know EVERYONE has probably written a review of this, but after noticing something this weekend I figured I had to let everyone know.

I think this product is magical.

I've been using it for years along with several other balms from different brands and somehow, if I stop using Burt's, my lips freak out and start peeling and flaking and are basically totally inconsolable until I start using Burt's again. It's like my lips get addicted. I don't care how stupid that sounds. My lips only behave when I use Burt's.

Other than that, I like the minty smell, I love it's consistency (it's harder than other balms, more waxy than petroleum jelly-y) and if you can guarantee you won't lose it, it's worth paying a little more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overrated poop in a tube. It is a poop placebo. When this waxy poop is on your lips, you feel as though your lips are safe and soft, protected and moisturized. When the poop wears off and rubs off your lips naturally, though, you'll quickly realize that the poop was only empty promises and that your lips are as dry and unhappy as ever. A balm should help your lips both when you're wearing it and when you're not. It should not become something you depend upon 24/7. You should not need to take off that stupid little dinky cap and reapply every hour on the hour in order to have your lips feel okay. I would not rebuy this poop. I do not recommend it to the sweet citizens of MUA. You deserve better than poop, girls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by blondebum

Love the smell and how moist it feels on my lips! A staple beauty product that i always carry on me. I can't go a day without out it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by rebonjour

Me: Medium-to-full lips. Prone to dryness. Tendency to develop blackheads around my mouth with use of oily/waxy lip products. Frequently wear lipstick.

This is one of the most classic lip balms in town - for both men and women. Much to my surprise, I've noticed this product on the nightstands and desks of many male friends typically dead-set against using any sort of beauty product. It's a very neutral lip balm, and I find that's from where it draws most of its appeal.

The product has a pleasant scent (like beeswax candles) and a faint sweet flavour. I enjoy both the scent and the flavour. However, some people remain impartial to it, as it's fairly distinct. If you haven't smelled beeswax before, take a trip to your local bulk foods store or craft market and have a whiff before you purchase this lip balm. I find that, as a result of the flavour, it is occasionally tempting to lick this lip balm off your lips. While a pleasant flavour is ideal for some, I find that it leads my lips into further lip-licking demise.

I find that, no matter how many coats of Burt's I apply, there's no real feeling of coverage or moisture. This balm would be suitable for people wanting to maintain well-moisturized lips. However, it offers very little in the way of moisturization aside from the beeswax sealing in pre-existing lip moisture. I've also noticed that, when used frequently, this product tends to cause blackheads near the lipline (due to blocked pores from the beeswax ingredients).

Despite being marketed as an all-natural product, this lip balm contains limonene, which is "a known skin sensitizer" and is known to cause dermatitis. The inclusion of peppermint oil may cause irritation/dryness for some people. However, as an antiviral agent, this ingredient could be helpful to people with cold sores.

The balm comes in a goldenrod classic lip balm twist tube. It tends to melt at higher temperatures, so make sure it's not stored in your pockets or in other warm-hot locations. The product has a tendency to flake/break off in clumps due to its soft wax consistency. At a price point of about $5 (Canada), I find the product to be overpriced for what's being delivered. That being said, it lasts forever (probably half a year if used several times daily).

BOTTOM LINE: A holistic, natural lip balm that's effective for every day use. Doesn't offer much in the way of moisture, and carries a unique scent that some may love, while others will dislike. Unimpressive formulation for a 'natural' product. Not a worthwhile investment unless you're dead-set on owning this cult classic.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by masamim10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's one of the better lip creams out there, and only because it initially feels like it works upon application.

It is minty and thick, and I initially thought this was great. But then, I found that this lip cream was not very effective and caused my lips to flake in disgusting ways.

I know that I am not supposed to be constantly applying the lip cream because my lips could become dependent on the cream to provide moisture, but among the products I have used, this is really not worth the money or the rave.

Again, it feels like it works, but I cannot honestly say I have finished a single tube of this stuff. The pomegranite type smells better, but the effects were not much better for me.

I have moved on to DHC and shiseido lip creams. Perhaps I will try maybelline as a cheaper alternative, but I will not be using Burt's Bee's lip cream again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

It lasts for AGES. It's scarily never ending. The only positive thing I can say about it.

It's waxy, smells and tastes weird, doesn't moisturise, and makes my lips flaky and uneven.

Dislike, don't understand the hype, think its expensive, and will not repurchase.