Chanel No.5

3.5

on 1/4/2012 12:28:00 PM

I got one as a new years gift and after one spray I was coughing and whizzing my lungs out O_o

is this really the famous perfume that coco channel favored? totally synthetic and way too old fashioned. it smells better after it cools down but do you really want to smell like a woman from 1935???

Ohhhh god. This smells exactly like my grandmother. It's like a mix of baby powder and dying roses. Horrible.

on 12/25/2011 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This fragrance, when first sprayed, may leave a few disenchanted, but the dry down is magnificent. I think this is one of the most feminine scents available. While it's made in the USA, it was created for Coco Chanel by her then-lover, and paved the way for all parfums "Francais". I was so delighted to receive a bottle for Christmas.....after all, who can resist the scent that Marilyn Monroe swore by?

on 12/13/2011 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I will never never use this perfume again.
I can't support this synthetic smell, rose is so old fashion too me, not modern at all.. so sorry for the lovers of N5, I can't understand... it was my first perfume, what a mistake ! I like their make up :) but not their perfume.......

on 11/26/2011 10:37:00 AM

Oh dear, no. Avoid at all costs. Unless, of course, you find the prospect of smelling like your grandmother's old talcum powder alluring.
Incredible that this should have cult status!

on 11/19/2011 7:40:00 PM

I'm surprised by the negative reviews. I love this perfume, it was my Mom's only perfume as I was growing up, a couple months ago she gave me a small amount left in a very old bottle. She stopped using it because she's basically tried to stop being feminine at all (yes it's weird, but she feels very "liberated" not caring about what she looks like anymore). I had always loved the scent, but had been into body splashes in my 20's. Now that I'm 30 and I have a highly professional job and wear suits a lot of the time, a sophisticated scent like this goes very well. I ran out of what my mom gave me after a couple months of regular use and just purchased a 3.4oz bottle of the edp off ebay for 49$ including shipping (yes it's original). I don't think I would have paid the 175$ this retails at, just can't afford that right now.

I am not a big floral scent person, I do like florals when they're muted with muskiness, which is exactly how I would describe no. 5. I am in love with this scent and have been switching between this and shalimar for daily use. It does go on with a bit of a soapy smell, but w/in half an hour that has disappeared and I'm left with a subtle musky lovely scent that lasts most of my work day.

on 11/9/2011 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Most of chanel smell like old lady, plus they do not last on me...
thank god I did not buy any of them.

on 11/9/2011 11:09:00 AM

I have the EDT version but actually prefers EDP version. They smell different! I would recommend anyone who is thinking to buy one to try both version.

on 11/1/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Nope. I like the opening burst of floral aldehydes, but the drydown smells like a 1950s prom corsage found pressed in a yearbook. Faintly floral, but musty, powdery, and from another time. Love the iconic bottle, though.

on 10/21/2011 12:51:00 AM

There is no other perfume that could ever compare to Chanel Number 5. To me it has nothing to do with it being an iconic fragrance, to me it is simply that it smells so fresh, clean, crisp and better than anything else I could possibly smell at a department store. A little of this fragrance goes a long way so make sure not to OD on it. The scent goes on very strong at first, but slowly gets softer and softer throughout the day. I can even smell it when I get home off of my clothes. No fragrance will ever be as glamorous as Chanel Number 5.

Popular Fragrances