The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 11/19/2008 2:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

even if very careful and not even using wp mascara, this still manages to take multiple lashes with it. :(

on 11/16/2008 11:16:00 PM

the skin around my eyes reacted to this product by turning red and irritated, so i returned it to the store. the SA was surprised i had a reaction, since chamomile is supposed to be so gentle, but my skin seems to be on the sensitive side.

on 10/16/2008 2:55:00 AM

I love this stuff. When I worked at the Body Shop I stocked up big time. It's amazing, it takes everything off!! I swear by it and don't even use my lancome bi-facile anymore. It's best not to put this stuff in your eye but on the eyelid and rub it around to loosen up the makeup and then swipe it off. It's my all time fave. It's NEVER stung for me, so go figure....

on 10/12/2008 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

My stepmom has used this stuff for years and she swears by it, but it just doesn't work for me. It makes my eyes sting something awful! Yeah, it works OK to take off eye makeup, but I can find something else that will do that without stinging. However, my stepmom was really surprised that it stung for me, it's never done that for her and is a great, gentle remover for her contacts and her heavy eye makeup. I think that some people just don't react well to the chamomile. Too bad, because it's otherwise a good product.

I had been looking for an m/u remover as I have very sensitive eyes, so when I saw the Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover, marketed to be very gentle, I bought it. However, this stings my eyes. I've used it once and no more. My eyes turned red and watery and, although my makeup came off, theres no way I'm going through that every night. I didn't get it in my eye, it just stung my eyelids and skin. I do have very sensitive skin though so if you have normal skin it might work.

No, I would not purchase this again.

on 8/24/2008 3:30:00 PM

I LOVE this eye makeup remover, by far the best one that I've used. Leaves my eyes feeling refreshed. No idea what people are talking about when they say that the product stings their eyes. Will definitely repurchase.The only thing that bothers me is that the bottle is white and you cannot see how much product is left.

on 8/2/2008 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've been using this for years - so as a result have used it to remove every makeup fad and blunder I've made. It has been great no matter what has been on my face - waterproof mascara, regular mascara, full eyeshadow or just liner. This seems to work on every product. Like the other reviewers have mentioned, it feels very gentle - almost like water, and I've never experienced the stinging other reviewers have referred to. There is as one reviewer has noted a slightly sticky feel to it, but I usually rinse with water after anyway. It is a little more expensive than drugstore stuff but does last forever. My only complaint is that the bottle does not travel well. Leaks all over the place if you travel by air so I do have to switch the bottle. But that is a very minor complaint. This is a staple for me.

on 5/21/2008 2:11:00 PM

I hate this product!!!

It does remove waterproof mascara but very drying and be careful if it gets into your eyes!!!

on 5/16/2008 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Great eye makeup remover! I put it on the organic cotton wool pads sold in the store and my eyeshadow (that has lasted two days without creasing or coming off the least bit) along with my mascara (that also is ultra resistant) comes right off. I have to put a little more effort into taking of the mascara , but it comes off in little tubes off my lashes. It burned my eyes the first time, but it doesn't do anything now. I like how my lids are conditioned after each use. I don't feel the need to cleanse them afterwards. The only thing that sucked was that it was hard for me to flip open the lid many times. As a matter off fact it broke off because I was pushing so hard on it to open. Doesn't over-dispense either. Decent price, will repurchase.

on 5/7/2008 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Straight to the point:
Big bottle, lasts a long time, removes water proof makeup, I like that is isn't oily, it feels good on my skin