April 17, 2014 | 896 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 7:37:00 AM More reviews by JayneNoorMohamed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Isn't the world of perfume a strange thing! I love, love, love this honey-jasmine scent and couldn't believe all the negative reviews - how is it possible that everyone isn't transported to the same happy place that this takes me. It delivers exactly what it promises - mood enhancing and crabbiness-lifting (I have the temple balm, too, for confidence crises and temper tantrums) and it makes me sad that some people appear to be immune. I wonder if it is like cats and catnip, with definable percentages of the population flying fox positive or negative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 5:43:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

i love the smell of jasmine and honey in it. its just so comforting. its good for after a long day at work, a hard day at the office or when you just want to feel completely calm and relax. i'm glad i bought the temple balm and silky underwear powder..they just working so well on lifting my mood.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Clare_au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ever seen a cat with catnip? That's what using Flying Fox feels like. For those who love it, Flying Fox is more than a nice smell - it's a drug. However, judging by the negative reviews, you'll definitely want to get yourself a sample before buying it (don't judge it by the smell in the bottle, as it's different when it lathers). I can kind of see why some people hate it - it's VERY powerful - but I'm in pure heaven. I want to try all the other Lush soaps and shower gels, many of them smell very nice, but I don't know if I'll get around to it since I can hardly bring myself to have one shower without using some Flying Fox.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 8:07:00 PM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this, I love the feminine scent of jasmine. My favorite thing about this shower gel - all of LUSH's shower gels, in fact - is that I don't need moisturizer after. My skin is very dry, so this is saying a lot. I'll definitely re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Ispendtoomuchmoney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is by far one of the most FOUL things I have ever smelled! It made me seriously nauseous, and it gave me a pounding headache. I would rather smell a fart than to ever lay my nose on it again!
Its a good thing that I didnt pay for this, it was given to me as a GWP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 12:11:00 AM More reviews by haloinrverse

i fully expected to find the scent completely overwpowering and cloying. jasmine and i dont get along well. i find it very heady and indole-y. a poorly executed jasmine is pure torture, but this variation is delicious. its a combination of three honeys, jasmine, ylang ylang, cypress and palmarosa.

this is a definite try before you buy kind of product. youll love it or hate it. great lather, great scent. will repurchase again and again. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2007 8:10:00 AM More reviews by sammybee

Wonderful! The BEST shower gel, leaves skin soft and gently cleansed. The scent is amazing, everything lovely and feminine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by StepfordOnWisteria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this product again? Honey, I've already purchased backups. My formerly beloved Philosophy 3 in 1's sit idly by on my rack of shower gel bonanza as every day I reach for the Flying Fox.

Why do I love it? Well, first off is the SCENT. Honey and jasmine and other yummy things, they smell warm and feminine without being too heavy or cloying. Secondly, the moisturizing. I'm a new mom. I don't have a lot of time to be messing with lotions and creams and all that shenanigans. I'm happy to just get a shower! This little wonder washes me clean, leaving a faint pleasing scent behind, without drying my skin! Lastly, it's the SCENT. Nothing I've ever used has ever left my entire Master Suite smelling so heavenly all day long! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Jhereg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have discovered that mmany LUSH products will fool your senses if sniffed straight from the package. This one is no exception. I tend toward sugary/foodie smells (love ma Bar, Honey I washed the Kids, Sultana of Soap) and spicy scnets ( Blue Skies, Ice Blue,gucci) so this wasnt going to be my cup of tea.
fromt he bottle, the indole is SO strong! the Jasmine is very overpowering, and I wasnt interested, but a dear friend knew I liked LUSH and got this for me. I decided to try it one night and in teh shower, it's lovely. The jasmine (a scent I normally despise like most florals) is tempered perfectly by the honey for a unique scent that is very soothing and feminine without being too cloying. It's also very moisturizing. The scent lingers all day, which is rare on me.
I'm surprised I like this stuff. But I dont love it. It's got a bit of old school glamour in it's scent, but it's not really my style. I like having the bottle I have now when I wasnna feel all Rita Hayworth, but I prefer my Snow Fairy or Sea Vegetable. Once this runs out, I'll be sad, but not sad enough to purchase another.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2006 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Sasquatch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this gel and I think the honey in it makes it far more moisturizing than your average shower gel. It's a great product to have around in the fall and winter when my skin dries out. I like that the jasmine scent lingers but isn't cloying; I layer this with the Flying Fox temple balm (used as solid perfume) and it's fantastic. Wish it were cheaper, but it is lasting me a long time.