April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by IrishWater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a free sample of this from the Urban Decay counter when I purchased the original Naked Palette, and I'm glad it was free because I would be majorly annoyed if I'd paid for it.

I have oily eyelids and find this primer does nothing for me, it makes my lids oilier, and helps my shadows to crease. It's awful.

I've used it plenty of times and to be honest, I'm at the stage where I'd rather just bin it. Not even an hour after doing my shadow I find it has creased when I have primer on. Even on days when I don't wear shadow and just have foundation on, I tried this primer to see if it would crease my foundation, and sure enough, it did. Countless times I had to run my foundation brush over my lids to get rid of the creasing caused by this primer.

I wouldn't recommend it at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I think I may be in the minority here with my meh experience with this. I have been using it for months now and I still do not get the rave reviews. The shadow still creases on me and I have used it like the directions say and the way others on here have suggested instead(letting it set before applying). I still have creasing issues a few hours later. Nothing severe but I found using concealer instead was giving me the exact same results as this primer.
I feel bad for this review because I love UD and LOVE their shadows, but this primer is a miss for me. If anyone has any other tricks to use this please post. I am just fed up with it at this point and will not repurchase. BTW yes I used UD shadows and it has same results as MAC, Revlon, L'Oreal, and others.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by sailornibiru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I looooove this stuff. I don't usually wear eyeshadow because my eyelids are really bunchy and crease and transfer so easily, that I just don't even bother. But I got a sample of this stuff and I think it's a MUST HAVE. The package is small, but a very tiny amount goes a long way. I can barely see the amount I put on, but it lasts all day. It makes my eyelids look smooth and seamless. Also it makes my eyeshadow seem more pigmented and so velvety. I can also tell it makes the skin around my eyes so soft and hydrated, even after removing my makeup. It has amazing lasting power as well. I've slept in my makeup and woke up with my eyeshadow and eyeliner still looking perfect. I wear eyeshadow all the time now and have fun playing around with different looks. I've gotten a lot of compliments on my eye makeup since using this. I'm in love. I will never use another primer. It also makes cheap eyeshadow look expensive. So worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This primer is amazing and truly deserving of all the rave reviews! It really helps increase the lasting power of the eyeshadows. It dries relatively quickly (def wait before it dries completely before putting on any eyeshadows), and it doesn't crease or budge. I love UD eyeshadows, and this primer is the perfect companion for them. UD really knows their eye stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by crismeticos

I bought this because of all the great reviews and I agree, it is a fantastic primer. I got the Eden one, which is the same primer but it leaves a bit of a matte skin toned (light) finish. It truly helps my shadow last for HOURS. I have left my makeup on all night and gone to sleep and the eye makeup in intact and fresh looking the next morning. My complaint, though, is this being a squeeze tube, I have noticed that if I leave it lying horizontally on my dresser and don't use it for a couple of days, the actual primer and the lubricating liquid separate (like oil and water) so the next time I want to use it, I squeeze the tube and all this very watery, clear liquid pours out and it's gross. I have tried shaking it vigorously beforehand and also moving the contents around with my fingers by squeezing the tube with the cap closed but it doesn't work. So I found that storing it upright helps a bit. It still happens but not quite as much. My other complaint is the price, but it honestly lasts so long because you need just the tiniest amount, so really, that evens out. I'm very happy with this primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by xtorie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the oiliest skin I have ever seen on a human being and this works for me. I can usually go through about half the day without any creasing, depending on the eye makeup I'm wearing that day.

I've noticed a lot of people on youtube who use this don't use it the same way I do, and this might be why so many people think it doesn't work. You have to keep your eyes closed until it sets, or else the product itself will crease and you won't be able to get the crease off.
If I'm using this with powder eyeshadows, I'll put a mattifying powder overtop of it once it sets, then the eyeshadows. If I'm using cream shadow, I put the cream on first (and let it set with my eyes closed) and then put powder over the crease area.
If you do this, most things will stay put. The only things I've found that haven't are a couple cheap gel eyeliners and cream eyeshadows that don't set. I use this even if the only thing I'm using is liquid eyeliner because even that will smudge into my crease after a few hours.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by VA219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Works but had to throw it out before I used it all, the expiration date was so soon. I don't think it's a necessary product because I prefer using cream shadows that have the primer in them already.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by deleybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the product that genuinely changed my life and opened my eyes to the world of makeup. I always envied people who could go out and have their eyeshadow and eyeliner stay in place all day, but I thought there just was no hope for me and it put me off makeup completely. I didn't start wearing makeup properly until I was 18 - I'd found a YouTube video recommending this and used my birthday money to invest in this and an urban decay eyeshadow palette.

The only thing I've noticed is that people say the ELF eyelid primer (£1.50, 5ml) works just as good as this, if not better as the urban decay contains parabens but there may be better colour payoff from urban decay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What I do like is how well this grabs eyeshadows (and any product you may put on top of it). What I don't like is that it makes blending impossible. And I mean impossible. Even if I just wear one overall lid colour, because I can't then blend the edges out , my eyeshadow ends up looking undone and messy with harsh lines - not a look I like.
If this doesn't bother you, and you only care about your e/s not creasing, then this may be for you. Once it sets, it holds onto e/s throughout the day with no creasing (even on my super oily lids).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

This product does what it promises to do and is heavenly in that regard, but the price brings me back to earth right again. I got this as part of the Naked palette, otherwise would not pay the astronomical price for this. I usually use Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer (check out my review for more info) which I find works exactly the same and as well as UD but at 1/3 the price or even less. In fact, this works less well for me because I find it takes longer than the Etude House one to dry on my lids.

This makes your eyeshadow last all day with minimal wear, even in humid Singapore where literally all other make up melts off your face. This also holds up different layers of eyeshadow and when you reach home at night, your eyes look almost exactly the same as when you left. I say almost because some wear is to be expected with tearing, touching your eyes and what not. So I would recommend this primer if you have the cash and don't mind paying for a wayyy overpriced product. I would gladly use this if it were free or on a huge discount but I would not buy it at the regular price. If you want something that works as well but costs 1/3 the price, try out the Etude House one. I've tried both and can vouch that they are equally good!