October 22, 2014 | 2000 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Mhrn10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you are experiencing a sudden loss of eyeshadow on your eyes, your eyeliner can't stay because of your super oily lids, just buy it already! The only problem for me is the price :( it's just too expensive for an eyeshadow primer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupmac19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for a while now and I can't tell you how much I love it. It really is a great primer and at first I was a little hesitant if I should get this product because it is a little pricey, but It really like the coverage it gives and makes my eyeshadow last 2x longer than any other eye primer ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Makeupcat104

I'm not a fan of this primer. I only have it because I got it for free with an ulta purchase once, I would never spend my money on it. It's way too thick and doesn't create a smooth base for my eyeshadow, however, it does a pretty good job of stopping my eyeshadow from creasing. You can definitely see the oil from my lids peak through the product after a few hours of wear, which is a big downer for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by SEJR16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy grail eyeshadow primer!!!! I have extremely oily skin, and my lids tend to get very oily by the end of the day, causing all my eye makeup to crease or come off. I applied this stuff at 9 o'clock in the morning and checked back 10 hours later (7pm) and my eye makeup was still in tact and my lids were not oily! My oily eyelids are extremely hard to deal with but this stuff did the trick. A must have!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by itskatiexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So i'm definitely noticing some mixed reviews regarding this product, but in my opinion this is a fabulous eyeshadow primer. This was actually the first "high-end" eyeshadow primer I had ever used, and before that I was using a Wal-Mart brand called "Hard Candy". In comparison to this, it definitely blows the Wal-Mart brand out of the water! Amazing, amazing difference. Since using the Urban Decay Primer potion, I experimented with only one other high-end product which was Too Faced's primer. The staying power from both products was equal, as well as the smooth, glideable application. However I find the big difference, and what makes this product "better" in my eyes from what i've previously used, is the blending capability. I found that the Primer Potion allowed me to create really beautifully blended looks and smoothly glided wherever I i placed my brush-- and in contrast the other primers i've used had terrible staying power, or didnt allow my makeup brushes to easily glide along the lid and blend the colours into eachother. This is what works for me, and I have and will continue to repurchase over and over! This is my holy grail primer- but i've rated it 4/5 because I haven't experimented with more than 3 primers. I'm totally open to new suggestions and willing to try them out! in the mean time, Urban Decay's primer potion is my go-to!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by allycat7005

Two words: Holy Grail!!!! I cannot believe how amazing this product works. I was tired of constantly having my eye shadow creasing and fading away, and I tried to find a primer that would work. I read great reviews about this product so I went to sephora and bought a sample size. I fell in love! I wore this for my homecoming dance( which required a lot of eyeshow and liner,) and I accidentally fell asleep with my makeup on. When I woke up, my eye makeup was absolutely PERFECT , believe it or not. This primer is super thick and easily spreadable. You don't need to use a ton. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by digital242

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I feel like a complete idiot for not trying this sooner! I didn't want to believe all the hype around it & I wasted so much money buying other eye primers to try to keep my eye make up from coming off my mega oily skin. That's it now, I'm done with buying any other eye make up primers. This stuff actually holds my make up in place, all day. It's as simple as that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

Not a fan of this primer. It's too creamy and a little thick and my eyeshadow creases more than it would without any primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm actually quite sad I spent my money on this (I should have just bought the NARS eye shadow primer - I've heard nothing beats that); it does not work for me. I can notice my shadow creasing, without fail, just a few hours into the day. My eye shadow fades away and creases every time I use this. I use oils to remove my makeup, but even when I stopped doing that, it still creases, and I have VERY dry skin. This is a disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticjunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I for one cannot say enough about this product. I am partial to Lancome so I'd been using their primer. I bought an UD eyeshadow pallet and a travel size of the primer potion came with it. OMG is all I can say. It us honestly like magic! I don't know what they got in there that other primers don't have but man did they get it right!!! This is one of the rare products that I don't care how much it costs because the difference between it and all other primers I've tried is astronomical. generally when I use primer it's kind of like Sun Tan Lotion in the sense that I don't know it really does anything but I use it just in case it does. there is absolutely no question when it comes to this primer. As soon as you put your eyeshadow on you can tell the difference, it goes on brighter and more pigmented. It then without a doubt makes your eye shadow last all day...and all night if you want. I don't just use one colour eyeshadow my eyeshadow is usually three different colors and its very bright, I was wearing this with my eyeshadow and we went camping, I ended up going to sleep without washing my face and as bad for your skin as that is it was a great experiment! The next day my eye shadow was still perfect and I don't mean there were still traces of it, I mean it was exactly the same as it did when I first applied it, it was still just as bright there wasn't so much as a crease! and again not only did I sleep in it but I was camping outdoors, I don't think there's more grueling test for makeup. I have been a hardcore believer and endorser ever since. It's not that often that I will tell everybody I come across about something but this is seriously like magic. Its without a doubt worth then price, Not only do you never have to re-apply or check for creases but you use less eye shadow to begin with because this stuff is like a pigment magnet. I'm always on the hunt for beauty products so when I find one that's this extraordinary I like to share it so other makeup addicts can share my joy :-) if you haven't used this yet do yourself a favor and go get some!