Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 4/11/2009 9:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using this product for about a month now and feel that I can give it a good review.
Firstly, I'm an NW25 in MAC and it matches my skintone. I started using this as an NW20 and it perfectly matched my skin. It still matches my skin now, but since I'm a shade darker sometimes I need extra bronzer too.
I use this as a finishing powder over my foundation or for days when I don't want to wear foundation, I'll just use concealer and this.
I apply the Balance-N-Brighten with a MAC 180 brush and buff it all over my face. I find when I'm having bad skin days (breakouts and such) this stuff really comes through. Sometimes I don't want a thick layer of foundation on my face, just Balance-N-Brighten when my skin is giving me a hard time and I find the coverage is awesome. It's a buildable coverage powder so can be applied lightly for a sheer look or with a heavier hand for maximum coverage.
The staying power is also excellent. Just need one touch up of blot powder with it for this season.
I love how the Balance-N-Brighten gives me a nice glow. It makes me look healthy and just wakes my skin up. Also, I used this while I was sunburnt for a couple of days and it masked my redness without looking too over-powdered! It definitely helps for those with redness/rudiness to their skin.
The only con to this is the packaging, I don't care for it. I have the round disc style packaging and after sliding around in my makeup bag for a day, sometimes the powder gets a little crumbly around the edges. They should invest in sturdier packaging.
Other than the above, I love Balance-N-Brighten and will continue to use this as much as possible. It has not caused my skin any grief and overall, is an excellent product. I usually love MAC mineralize skinfinish natural powders and have several of them, but nothing beats Balance-N-Brighten in my book :)

on 4/5/2009 2:56:00 AM

I bought the fair from Sephora and I took it back within a few days. It was way to yellow for my skin and I have yellow undertones. It was also to dark. This isn't just a no, I won't buy it again, but a HELL NO!

on 4/4/2009 8:56:00 AM

I got the Balance-n-Brighten not expecting much coverage from it because it's a powder, I was way wrong. This product covers skin beautify leaving it looking flawless. I just wish it came in more shades because the fair is a bit too dark for me.

on 4/4/2009 8:30:00 AM

I was wanting to try Balance-n-Brighten for the longest time and finally did as part of the "Eye Dream of Italy" kit from QVC. I like that is in the form of a compact, so I was hoping that I could travel with it. I normally wear BE Golden Medium, and the B-n-B was just too dark, ashy and pink on me - very dull and lifeless looking. Too bad. The color is just not a good match for me as a foundation, but I could use it as a light setting powder. You really have to work to get a fuller coverage with it too - not as good as BE's coverage and buildability.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got this as part of the Eye Dream of Italy kit in fair. Honestly, I see no difference in this than any department store setting powder. It didn't cover any redness and as the day went on looked very ashy and pale. Although I love Laura's products I was very disappointed in this product.

on 2/16/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product seems really nice, but the color is WAY to light for my tan tone skin. I bought it at sephora and the color on display was darker then the color I got in the box. The chics at Sephora were so rude about it too because I asked if we could open box to see the color since i read the reviews about colors varying and they wouldn't let me see what I was buying. I understand their reasoning, but Laura Gellar should package these so we can all see the shade we are buying. Especially for the price. I bought the bronze and brighten and I like that one accept AGAIN the color on display was A LOT darker then the one I purchased so I am a little disappointed..... The quality of the product seems to be very nice. The balance and brighten is not for tan skin tone

on 1/21/2009 4:28:00 PM

I really like this stuff. I'm glad they came out with a Fair version of this. Sephora originally one had one shade, and it was far too peach for my super fair skin.

It doesn't come with a brush at Sephora, like it apparently does if you buy it off TV (QVC?) -- was reading the reviews below. Anyhoo. That's ok. I just use my Clinique Podwer Brush to apply it.

I love how you can get almost sheer coverage by using just a dusting of this, or build on it for more coverage. I will definitely re-purchase.

on 1/3/2009 3:55:00 AM

I absolutely love this product - and believe me, I've tried just about everything. I live in the desert Southwest and anything too heavy will be melted away within minutes in our heat and this stands the true test!!
At first glance (and being very skeptical of anything I see on TV) I figured it to be something that looked excellent, but figured I'd never be able to duplicate the same results at home. Well, I was wrong! The foundation is in a solid (or baked) form and therefore is a lot easier to build sheer to medium layers than the powder forms (like BE). It came with the best brush I've ever used - extremely soft, supple and easy to use from day one (and hasn't become grungie yet).
I'm 47 and since using this (got rid of my BE resting in a few tiny lines) I've been assumed to be in my early 30's! YIPPEE!!
I will continue to buy along with LG's other baked products!

on 12/30/2008 1:53:00 PM

I generally use this when I just when I'm in a hurry or don't wanna go thru my BE routine. The coverage is ok, but it doesn't apply as nicely as my BE does.

on 12/26/2008 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder! The brush that comes with it is really good too. The brush comes in a tube-thing and you can adjust how full or narrow the tip of the brush is. I have oily skin, so I make the brush really small on my t-zone and then finish my whole face with the brush set wide. I love it- it's very natural so it doesn't look like I am putting on a mask to cover up my freckles.