April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

I have had SO many problems with finding the right foundation until now. This is a fabulous product that evens out the skin and gives it that natural glow. Would not recommend for someone who wants full coverage, but the application is sheer-medium and makes skin "healthy looking". This is all I am going to use from now on!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As the user names suggests, I am a product junkie. As far as mineral or powder foundations go, I haven't found the perfect one yet. I've tried Bare Escentuals, Maybelline, L'Oreal, Revlon, Avon, Smashbox (Halo Hydrating - only available at QVC for now), and Laura Gellar. However, as far as "Ease of Use", I think Balance-N-Brighten wins hands down. My makeup trunk is still coated with Avon's mineral foundation because the cap came unscrewed! The coverage is fantastic, and I don't know how, but it works on a range of skin tones. I often do makeup for weddings, or just for my friends and they all love this. I've gotten about 3 girls hooked on it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by beemoody

I purchased the LG baked basics set from Sephora for around $50 which contains the balance n brighten (bnb), blush n brighten in berry and bronze n brighten .06 oz containers, which all come in little compacts with a half size mirror inside. The containers are in a MAC-like packaging and the size in ample. I personally won't need to re-buy any of the three for a long time. it also comes with a brush in a little holder, it found it hard, severe and stiff. Did not like or intend to use until it is broken in.

I usually don't use any foundation except a light sweep of BE mineral MU if needed. However, I've been trying the bnb for awhile now and I do like it. Its a swirl of beige, nude, lite brownish. The coverage is pretty heavy if used with the wrong brush, however, I've been using the BE flawless Radiance brush and its been working great w/ lite buildable coverage.

I do like it but probably won't re-buy. Worth a try and glad I bought the kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by deetopia

I'm south east asian girl with golden medium skin. I have a mini balance n brighten as a part of indulgence collection. While the colour is not a perfect match for me, but still I can use it for foundation. I like how it make my face kinda flawless, but for my dark brown spots, I still have to use concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I am in love with this foundation. It conceals, corrects, covers, and looks fantastic hours after hours. I am super oily and this foundation is one of the few that I only retouched after 9 hours. It looks super natural and feels very silky and comfortable. I highly recommed this to oily skin people because it does not make you feel greasy, itchy and uncomfortable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by patoots30

I was pleasantly surprised with this product. My mom gave this to me and I thought that the color was too brown / dark (I'm fair - NC20). I finally gave it a try and used it as finishing powder -- the effect was just amazing!!! It looked like I had flawless, glowing skin. Coverage and glow was similar to mineral makeup without the shine. I love love love it :) It lasts all day too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this in Fair. Mineral makeups break me out or make me itchy generally speaking but this powder is different. I imagine it could be used as finishing powder or foundation. I use it as foundation. I will say, and maybe it's my compact "swirl" combination, that this goes on just a hair too yellow but in natural daylight, it really looks fine. Wears well. I tend towards an oily nose and the rest of my face is dry. My skin is good and I don't break out, though. This might not work on overly oily or overly dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by crisn11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a 30 year old with thankfully clear skin and I don't wear foundation,that being said when I want to look extra polished and have that staying power for my blush..I use this. It evens out my complexion without feeling cakey or heavy at all. No break outs for me using this product so I am happy. I like most of Laura Geller's blushes not crazy about anything else of hers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Suemarkh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I finally bought this product after reading about it for so long. I am now in love! I put it on before going out to run my errands today and got nothing but compliments on how "bright" and "vibrant" I look...that is a huge compliment for a work from home mom of two toddlers!! I have sensitive skin with a lot of redness and it really calmed the redness and it really made a difference on the darkness under my eyes. I reccomend this product to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by uraqtpie13939

Chalky, Dull, Comes off easily on my husbands shirt, doesnt cover acne scars.