Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 7/11/2009 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I buy this again and again from QVC or Sephora depending on the better deal.( I keep trying liquid foundations w/no luck & other powder foundations show every fine line.) I'm 50+ and co-workers always comment on my skin. "what did you do? did you have work done?"(Would love to if I could afford.) I also use LG blush, optical illusion powder, LG eye products & BE all over face color in True or Bliss. Love all LG products.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried a lot of mineral powder foundations: BE, Jane Iredale, Urban Decay, Philosophy, Bella Rose by SSC, and Smashbox, and this one is the best, hands down. I have several foundations (liquid, powder, tinted moisturizer) in my rotation, and every single time I wear this one, I get compliments on my skin. In fact, I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror! A beautiful, luminous finish, not drying, and not shimmery. I highly recommend a flat-top brush (I use one from Pur Minerals) which gives a much a better finish than any other brush I've used. I will continue to buy this, along with the Ethereal Rose blush...I feel 10 years younger with this combo! In fact, I've been asked for my ID 3 times this year buying booze while wearing this (I'm 45!) =]

on 5/24/2009 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Another Laura Geller tried and fail for me! I really want to love her products but so for...notta. I got this one at the same time I got the Spackle, and it is no better than Revlon's Colorstay Brighten Mineral Finishing Powder. In fact, I think Revlon's is a way better product for the money! L.G. Balance-n-Brighten is almost the same shade as Revlon's Brighten, the difference to me is L.G. has way too much gold in it, whereas Revlon's is more of a silvery sheen. Too little L.G. Balance-n-Brighten and why bother, can't even see it, another gentle swipe, and oops too much then you have a real shiny gold wherever you landed your brush. ;-) I am not a person that wants to have to be extra careful when I am applying a powder that is supposed to be an all over product. I guess I was hoping this powder was something different that would be useful for a general type face powder for setting foundation, but it is anything but that. It is more for use as another highlighter of sorts, although it is advertised differently. In the Sephora store when I applied it to my wrist, the lighting prevented me from seeing just how gold it really was. It looked so pretty in there, but once I got it home and applied it, a different story all together and in the sun....wow...is my only description. I have tried to use this many times now and in many different ways. It is not dark enough for a blush, and way too shiny anyways. The container is also a bit cheap to say the least. It is a matte black color with half a see through lid to the product. There is no applicator of any sort which is ok by me, as I rather use my own. I hate writing negative reviews but this time, well...I just felt I should be truthful and save some of you the time and trouble of seeking this one out. I wanted this one for a long time, finally drove the 50 mile or so round trip to get it, and what a bust it has turned out to be for me. Now it has to go back, along with the other L.G. item I bought. Thus my longings is costing more gas and headaches than pleasure. All in the name of being a cosmetic junkie. ;-)

on 5/14/2009 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm 50 w/normal to dry skin.I've tried BE but it seemed to emphasize any fine line or wrinkle.I bought intro kit from QVC & really like this as a foundation.I also love Laura Geller's optcal illusion powder. I still use BE all over face color in True or Bliss depending on if a peach or pink day. Since using Obagi system have not been using Spackle. Will re-buy Laura Geller Balance & Brighten.

on 4/11/2009 9:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using this product for about a month now and feel that I can give it a good review.
Firstly, I'm an NW25 in MAC and it matches my skintone. I started using this as an NW20 and it perfectly matched my skin. It still matches my skin now, but since I'm a shade darker sometimes I need extra bronzer too.
I use this as a finishing powder over my foundation or for days when I don't want to wear foundation, I'll just use concealer and this.
I apply the Balance-N-Brighten with a MAC 180 brush and buff it all over my face. I find when I'm having bad skin days (breakouts and such) this stuff really comes through. Sometimes I don't want a thick layer of foundation on my face, just Balance-N-Brighten when my skin is giving me a hard time and I find the coverage is awesome. It's a buildable coverage powder so can be applied lightly for a sheer look or with a heavier hand for maximum coverage.
The staying power is also excellent. Just need one touch up of blot powder with it for this season.
I love how the Balance-N-Brighten gives me a nice glow. It makes me look healthy and just wakes my skin up. Also, I used this while I was sunburnt for a couple of days and it masked my redness without looking too over-powdered! It definitely helps for those with redness/rudiness to their skin.
The only con to this is the packaging, I don't care for it. I have the round disc style packaging and after sliding around in my makeup bag for a day, sometimes the powder gets a little crumbly around the edges. They should invest in sturdier packaging.
Other than the above, I love Balance-N-Brighten and will continue to use this as much as possible. It has not caused my skin any grief and overall, is an excellent product. I usually love MAC mineralize skinfinish natural powders and have several of them, but nothing beats Balance-N-Brighten in my book :)

on 4/5/2009 2:56:00 AM

I bought the fair from Sephora and I took it back within a few days. It was way to yellow for my skin and I have yellow undertones. It was also to dark. This isn't just a no, I won't buy it again, but a HELL NO!

on 4/4/2009 8:56:00 AM

I got the Balance-n-Brighten not expecting much coverage from it because it's a powder, I was way wrong. This product covers skin beautify leaving it looking flawless. I just wish it came in more shades because the fair is a bit too dark for me.

on 4/4/2009 8:30:00 AM

I was wanting to try Balance-n-Brighten for the longest time and finally did as part of the "Eye Dream of Italy" kit from QVC. I like that is in the form of a compact, so I was hoping that I could travel with it. I normally wear BE Golden Medium, and the B-n-B was just too dark, ashy and pink on me - very dull and lifeless looking. Too bad. The color is just not a good match for me as a foundation, but I could use it as a light setting powder. You really have to work to get a fuller coverage with it too - not as good as BE's coverage and buildability.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got this as part of the Eye Dream of Italy kit in fair. Honestly, I see no difference in this than any department store setting powder. It didn't cover any redness and as the day went on looked very ashy and pale. Although I love Laura's products I was very disappointed in this product.

on 2/16/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product seems really nice, but the color is WAY to light for my tan tone skin. I bought it at sephora and the color on display was darker then the color I got in the box. The chics at Sephora were so rude about it too because I asked if we could open box to see the color since i read the reviews about colors varying and they wouldn't let me see what I was buying. I understand their reasoning, but Laura Gellar should package these so we can all see the shade we are buying. Especially for the price. I bought the bronze and brighten and I like that one accept AGAIN the color on display was A LOT darker then the one I purchased so I am a little disappointed..... The quality of the product seems to be very nice. The balance and brighten is not for tan skin tone