July 28, 2014 | 2051 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by MyFavoriteWeapon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I got this as part of the Eye Dream of Italy kit in fair. Honestly, I see no difference in this than any department store setting powder. It didn't cover any redness and as the day went on looked very ashy and pale. Although I love Laura's products I was very disappointed in this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by lillydog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product seems really nice, but the color is WAY to light for my tan tone skin. I bought it at sephora and the color on display was darker then the color I got in the box. The chics at Sephora were so rude about it too because I asked if we could open box to see the color since i read the reviews about colors varying and they wouldn't let me see what I was buying. I understand their reasoning, but Laura Gellar should package these so we can all see the shade we are buying. Especially for the price. I bought the bronze and brighten and I like that one accept AGAIN the color on display was A LOT darker then the one I purchased so I am a little disappointed..... The quality of the product seems to be very nice. The balance and brighten is not for tan skin tone

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by mstracy

I really like this stuff. I'm glad they came out with a Fair version of this. Sephora originally one had one shade, and it was far too peach for my super fair skin.

It doesn't come with a brush at Sephora, like it apparently does if you buy it off TV (QVC?) -- was reading the reviews below. Anyhoo. That's ok. I just use my Clinique Podwer Brush to apply it.

I love how you can get almost sheer coverage by using just a dusting of this, or build on it for more coverage. I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by f1wild

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product - and believe me, I've tried just about everything. I live in the desert Southwest and anything too heavy will be melted away within minutes in our heat and this stands the true test!!
At first glance (and being very skeptical of anything I see on TV) I figured it to be something that looked excellent, but figured I'd never be able to duplicate the same results at home. Well, I was wrong! The foundation is in a solid (or baked) form and therefore is a lot easier to build sheer to medium layers than the powder forms (like BE). It came with the best brush I've ever used - extremely soft, supple and easy to use from day one (and hasn't become grungie yet).
I'm 47 and since using this (got rid of my BE resting in a few tiny lines) I've been assumed to be in my early 30's! YIPPEE!!
I will continue to buy along with LG's other baked products!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sweetie_cake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I generally use this when I just when I'm in a hurry or don't wanna go thru my BE routine. The coverage is ok, but it doesn't apply as nicely as my BE does.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by mofofrina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder! The brush that comes with it is really good too. The brush comes in a tube-thing and you can adjust how full or narrow the tip of the brush is. I have oily skin, so I make the brush really small on my t-zone and then finish my whole face with the brush set wide. I love it- it's very natural so it doesn't look like I am putting on a mask to cover up my freckles.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by dharbo

This is a pretty fair finishing powder/foundation. The coverage is totally buildable, I was able to get full coverage where I needed it. The only 2 problems I had with it is that if my skin wasn't moisturized enough it looked way too powdery. Dried out my complexion too. Sometimes also it made my skin too ashy. If I received this as a gift I would definitely keep it but to buy it again I wouldn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Hollow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really impressed with this. I have pretty good skin and have honestly never found a foundation that I liked because I feel like they always make my skin look mask-like and creepy. I actually used to make fun of the Laura Geller presentations on QVC because I thought, "who cares about this whole BAKED thing?"

Something in a presentation she did recently caught my eye, and I went to try this stuff at Sephora. Ended up buying it in a whole kit (because it wasn't much more than the foundation alone). The Balance & Brighten makes my skin look great! It feels like I'm wearing nothing, doesn't even look like I'm wearing much, but makes my skin look flawless. I've been told this by 3 people in the few days I've been wearing it.

I'm going to keep wearing this! Finally, a foundation that makes my skin look better - isn't that the idea?

I'm 38, normal-to-dry skin with some fine lines.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Justbeinme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Similar to HSN's Adrienne Arpel's product. Not quite sure how this balances but it will add shimmer and glow and is a nice product for that application.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

I have had SO many problems with finding the right foundation until now. This is a fabulous product that evens out the skin and gives it that natural glow. Would not recommend for someone who wants full coverage, but the application is sheer-medium and makes skin "healthy looking". This is all I am going to use from now on!!!!