April 18, 2014 | 1993 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this foundation when it was first released. I remember how it was like the biggest thing in the cosmetic industry at the time with the "mousse" technology. I loved how soft and fluffy the formula felt, and how it would just glide onto my skin, giving me a beautiful, soft look but with medium to full coverage. I never had any problems with dry skin and flaking. But I did eventually stop using it because I had qualms about the packaging. Constantly twisting open the jar and sticking your fingers can not be good for hygiene reasons. Plus I noticed the mousse formula drying out and thus become difficult to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Lexidawn5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have 2 jars of this product, different shades. Hard to find my match. All had an orangey tint. But the lightest shade seems to work for me. It breaks me out if I use it to often but using it every other day seems to be fine with my skin. I will finish my jar but will not be buying this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by bfever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm extremely disappointed in this foundation. I read and heard great things about it and had to give it a try. The first time I used it, it was flawless, I was so proud I even recommended it to others. After other attempts, I could never mirror the success of my first trial. It's cakey, weird textured and it has broken me out horribly after my skin has been doing very well. I have probably gotten my last use of it, and sadly it's a full jar. One of my biggest gripes is the difficulty in application. I scoured beauty blogs and YouTube videos for tips on the best form of application. I initially used my Sonia Kashiuk flat top brush because it's the only one that seemed to provide a decent application and blending, but I always felt as little I used, it was always too much. I then read a review where a couple of people stated the best application was your fingers. I absolutely hate applying foundation with my hands, but I have gave this technique a try since it was recommended by so many, but that failed miserably-by the end of the day, my skin looked like an oil slick-I'm so done with it. I've been wanting to try the liquid foundation from this line, but dream matte mousse has turned me of, so I'm done with Maybelline foundations (their BB cream broke me out even worse) I'll stick with what they do best-Mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by alanaxx

It doesn't give very good coverage but overall its good

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I've noticed other oily-skinned ladies in the older (up to 43) age range love this foundation. I really like it now that I have perfected my application method. I apply it sparingly with a Real Techniques face brush, ensuring I exfoliate any flaky areas beforehand and applying a very light finishing powder to set it. It looks really natural and lasts about four hours before I have to touch-up. I am NC30-35 and the Nude is great.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Made my skin dry and flaky even when my skin type was oily before the pill; gave an overly powdery, cakey finish. No suitable shades for truly pale skin, all had an orange-y tint. Clogged pores and encouraged breakouts. Ugh. I really wondered if I had a dud/fluke product because apparently this is the best-selling foundation in the UK.

I like the packaging and think the jar is cute. Very reasonably priced and really easy to find even in supermarkets. The formula feels nice to work with, but the 'air-whipped' texture didn't translate to the face, so a few minutes after putting it on it 'settled' and just felt heavy and cakey.

Only really works on people who already have great skin and use it sparingly, I've found.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by flicklick

This product is definitely one of my no-no product in the list. The mousse caused my face feeling dry and it spreads unevenly throughout your face. Sometimes I could see uneven patch under my eye or my forehead. It is supposed to give a smooth finish but this product is just not doing its job. The packaging is a failure because I feel it is very unhygienic. It does not have a natural finish, even after you applied it, it is still very obvious on your face, plus, it caused break outs on my forehead and cheeks after I applied it. I would say this is my first and the last product I would use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

This product is just all wrong for me. I got this as my first foundation when I was a teenager. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have gone through years of applying this to my face.

The pot is really unhygienic and dries out before you use up the product. I found that the formula dried around my nose and under my eyes in blotches. It was really evident that I was wearing foundation. I also didn't find the coverage adequate for pimples.

Color matching is strange. None of the colors matched, either too orange or pale white. It made my skin oily and caused break outs.

Nope, not using this one again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by TorieButterfly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was good for maybe the first few days, but then my face turned red and started to break out everywhere. I'm not talking about acne, I'm talking a full allergic reaction. It was just absolutely terrible, so terrible I had to go to the doctor and get medicine to fix it. My skin is oily, sensitive, and acne-prone. The reason why I said this product was good at first - is because it minimized my oil and covered all of my imperfections perfectly. Unfortunately, there was something that messed with my skin in the formula, meaning I had to stop using the product. If you don't have sensitive skin, then give it a try. It could work for some people, I'm sure. I hope this helped.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by CarlyJaneB

I used to use this when I was a teenager. At first I thought it was really great but then after a few uses it started to really really dry out my skin. I ended up looking flakey and orange in patches. I also got this in ivory to start because I couldn't find porcelain. When I did eventually get it in porcelain it was a darker shade than the ivory!