October 2, 2014 | 1193 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I would definitely buy this again. Not sure about so many negative reviews because I love this stuff. I have normal to dry skin and this is made for normal to oily, but it works nice on me. It's very easy to apply and fast. It blends very easily and looks natural. It feels like velvet on the skin and is light.

It doesn't smell weird or have a weird cast and my shade Classic Ivory matches perfect. I found this is better not applied using brushes or sponges, it doesn't go on well. You have to use your fingers, which I think is what you're supposed to use. VERY little goes a long way and it can be easy to pick up too much product since it is very light and airy.

It provides medium/full coverage on me. I say give it a chance and make sure you are applying this correctly before passing a good product. I have learned over the years I have passed on great products for MY skin because of bad reviews, finding out later it was mainly due to people not applying correctly or the product not made for their skin. Just my little rant since I noticed a lot of products I had discovered recently I passed on because of crappy reviews from people who weren't using them right. No offense to anyone, but I wanted to make sure those who are new to this will not fall into what I fell into.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you're thinking about purchasing this, you might as well go out and buy chalk, crush it into powder form and apply it to your face. I will never understand why anyone would allow this product to be sold. Not only did it dry out after 3 weeks of me purchasing it, it makes pretty decent skin look horrible. For the most part it made me look like death.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by florencesophieallen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this foundation a few times. Can safely say it's the worst foundation I have ever used. Clumpy, cakey, makes your skin look WORSE, because all it brings is dullness. Horrible texture to apply too. It's not like a mousse, it's like applying powdery dryness! Any lump or imperfection you have on your face will be accentuated by this instead of hidden. Don't buy! I have tried LOADS of foundations and this is definitely the worst.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Carla3004

So having the light skin I have, I was forced to buy this foundation in the lightest shade available. The colour matched my skin perfectly, which is rare for me, which is why am so disappointed to say that this is possibly the worst foundation I have ever used. Applying the foundation is an absolute nightmare and the foundation sticks to any dry patches of skin I have. Having said that I quite like the way it makes my skin look, at least if you don't look too close, it gives my skin a flawless appearance. The foundation also causes my normally clear complexion to break out and it feels as though I am wearing a mask. I do have some dry patches on my face that I cannot seem to get rid of despite all my efforts with moisturizing and exfoliating and this product just seems to make my skin even more dry. The packaging isn't the best, but it is handy if you want to go traveling. Overall I did personally not like this product, but think it might suit people with no dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I WORSHIP THE GROUND THAT AWAITS THIS FOUNDATIONS GRAVE.
IT'S PRODUCTS LIKE THIS THAT MAKE ME WISH THERE WAS A "HECK NO I WILL NEVER BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN FOR AS LONG AS I EXIST" BUTTON.

Let me list for you the ways in which this foundation is the worst thing that has ever walked into my makeup bag:

*The packaging. Just inconvenient all around. I feel like the sponge harbors bacteria, and it's the devil to clean. I just don't use it.
*Oxidizes like crazy. Made my skin a beautiful shade of burnt orange. Absolutely delightful.
*This product broke me out worse than any other foundation I have ever tried. I had CRAKEN sized spots people. It wasn't pretty.
*Coverage is awful. Not only did it cause blemishes to appear on my face, it couldn't even cover up said blemishes. RUBBISH.

I will give this product one thing though-it feels pretty nice on the skin. It's like....it's like a Snuggie. It feels nice, but you look like an idiot. That is this foundation in a nutshell.

This foundation is basically the spawn of Satan himself.
I do not recommend this product.

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by iceskater719

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i bought so many different colors of this because i loved it! i had some acne but not a lot. this sort of irritated my skin. i realized htis is what was breaking me out. i really wished that this worked well for my skin because i absolutely love the way this looks and i love how it keeps me matte. this has awesome oil control and looks great on my skin. i applies it with a beauty blender and it works so well! but i wish it didnt break me out........

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for a couple of years now, and I do love it. I wear it alone, under powder, or liquid foundation as a base and as a concealer (since they discontinued the concealer version of this product). It's easy to blend with my fingers since it comes in a little glass jar. However, once the jar starts to get empty the product becomes dry and can be hard to get out of the package without having it ball up. I try to only buy this foundation when it's on sale since it is on the pricier side for the amount of product you get.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Worst foundation I have ever had on my face! It cakes, chalks up, accentuates lines, pores and any lumps or bumps left by spots. It covers, that's the only nice thing I can say about it. But.. Urgh, it's horrible stuff. The consistency is that of mousse. That does nothing, doesn't make it lighter or cake any less. In fact, i'm sure that feature makes it worse. Yuk.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I only use this foundation as a spot corrector because I love the matte effect and the coverage but all over, the color isn't quite right. I got a pretty good match to my skin tone and if I use it just to cover my acne scars on my right cheek and blend it out, it looks good. I prefer to use this instead of a concealer because I really like the product but not for my whole face. My skin near my jaw is drier than my cheeks and this foundation sucks up any moisture in my skin and I end up flaky. This foundation is not for dry skin, it just dried me out more, even with my favorite moisturizer. The price is good and it was worth a try, it's still good as a matte spot corrector but not as a whole face foundation for my dry skin. The color was also a little orange, I think I got natural beige and even after blending it's not too dark but it's not the right tone, once again: good for small areas of coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this for about four months until I tried Revlon ColorStay and I would never go back to it. The price, texture, application, and matte finish are all nice. However, it doesn't even last five hours without melting off and my skin is not extremely oily. Also, when you get to the bottom of the jar it starts to ball up into little pieces and get weird. Big disappointment. I would not recommend.