Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Maybe I'm a loner here, but this is alright for my skin! I use the light ivory shade since I'm as pale as a ghost. I actually like how it feels, its so soft and light! With a beauty blender I got some good coverage out of this, and I didn't find it that cakey. Maybe by the end of the day, but only if I reapplied powder. For the price, I may buy again. I like it more than other mousse foundations I own.

on 3/27/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Cakeeeyyyyyy.
This was the first foundation I ever bought. I wanted something to even out my complexion and I had combination skin back then, so I thought I'd try it.
What a terible decision that was.
There's literally no coverage to this foundation. When I apply a thin layer, it looks chalky and cakey. When I try to layer on more, it pills up and rolls off of my face, and I'm back to square one. Regardless of what brush I use or if I use my fingers, this will happen.
It didn't do much for oil control either.
Highly discourage anyone from buying this. Not even worth $0.50.

on 3/25/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Ehhhh cakey !

on 3/15/2014 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I honestly don't know why I purchased this or why I used it for so long. I'm pale yet the coverage leaves me looking like a chalky ghost nightmare. It is very drying and ends up creasing in any little smile lines you may have. Even when applied over a heavy moisturizer it manages to suck the life out of your skin. Somehow it deadens all the lovely bits of my skin and doesn't cover any imperfections. I've tried applying this several ways but it just doesn't work. I wouldn't recommend this to ANYONE because it will age your skin during wearing.

on 3/12/2014 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this on and off since 2006 . It's the one I always go to . I have more oily skin and this makes me look airbrushed . I use a primer as we'll with it and apply with a beauty blender . I usually flip around the whole dream line . I use sandy beige during winter and honey beige in the summer . I would say it is full medium to full coverage . I suffer from adult acne .. Yeahhhh and this covers my breakouts no problem . I am surprised to see only 3 lippie rating . It really is the one I wear most often and makes my look airbrushed . I will agree if your dry stay away it will cling to your flakes .

on 3/8/2014 12:01:00 PM

I don´t like it, wrong colour for me, and give me wrong sort of coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have used two of these foundations, in medium, one 2.5 and one 2.0 depending on the season. for a long time, I considered these to be my hg because i have very oily skin and these go on smooth, matte, and made my skin look even colored, with a nice yellow undertone that cancelled out any redness. it's quick and easy to apply, and blends into your jawline and hairline seamlessly. I have now changed brands to L'Oréal true match liquid foundation in w4, which gives my skin a luminosity that maybelline dream matte mousse did not give me. (Also, I found the glass pot and fingers method of application to be to be unhygenic for my acne prone skin. the formulation is very flaky so i don't know if a brush would work, i tried a beauty blender but it didn't put enough product on my skin.) dream matte mousse definitely accentuates all fine lines, pores, and dry skin you may have. I think on a person with smooth young skin without these issues, just looking to cut back shine and even out skintone, maybelline dream matte would be a good selection.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation! Two of my friends recommended it to me & I decided to buy it. All 3 of us have oily skin, but it doesn't make you look shiny. I use the lightest shade (I forgot what it's called; it's upstairs) & it's a really good match. I've already repurchased once, & I'll definitely be doing it again when I run out!

on 3/2/2014 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

This dried out my skin and caked up as time went by. I prefer sort of dewy semi matte foundations. I tried it out for a couple of days after that I put it to the side. About a couple of weeks ago I mixed this with another foundation that was really dark. And I gave it to my sister as a gift. It matched her skin really well. I think the formulae may work for her as well as she is a little more oilier than I am. The packaging was okay if it wasn't valet I could've dealt with the matte look by adding highlighter to get a dewy glow. I will not repurchase.

on 3/2/2014 3:53:00 PM

Looks supercaky at my skin, and the tecture is really strange...

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera