August 27, 2014 | 1865 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by keelysimpkin

Okay so let's get things straight; I do not like nor dislike this foundation.

Does this foundation look good on it's own/with a powder? No.
Does this foundation look good as a secondary base over a higher brand foundation? Yes.

I use this for nights out as a little 'life-line' over the top of my Clarins Everlasting Foundation. I first moisturise, then apply then Clarins, then this mousse and finally set it with a powder. I only use this to add a little extra coverage as a 'just in case' for when I'm out dancing or getting sweaty at a gig. However, as a foundation on it's own it appears rather cakey and patchy. I would only recommend for when you want a bit more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by cupcake8513

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely loveeeee this foundation! I love how my skin looks wearing this. I know people say they dont get alot of coverage but i think it depends on how you apply. I use a flat foundation brush and stipple the foundation on then rub it in with the brush in a circular motion.. works great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did like this foundation and felt like it really evened out my skin tone and gave good coverage. I didn't like that there was no applicator and it broke me out damnit!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing many raves about this foundation I had to try it for myself. Now I usually don't buy drugstore foundation because I generally don't buy any foundation that hasn't been tested and tried out on my skin, so I wasn't too sure about which color to choose.

I picked #3 Natural Ivory, which ended up being a touch too dark, but blended well enough w the aid of my SK Foundation brush (love this) to make it not so noticeable.

While I like it's light-weight feel and the fact that it doesn't need to be set nor touched up with powder (as it stays matte all day on me), I find it highlights both my pores and dry areas on my cheeks. Quite honestly I don't know who this foundation could work for other than someone with small pores and oily skin, which I'm sure is quite rare.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. By far the worst foundation I have ever used. It clings to every dry patch, but still manages to make anyone look extremely oily, while still emphasizing the dryness. Truly terrible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to find good coverage with a great matte finish. I got neither.

It looked cakey and I just felt gross and oily and it pretty much melted off my face. I got a pimple after using this but I'm not sure if this product is to blame. I trashed this stuff quick

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had great hopes for this foundation. I opened the package and was a little unnerved by the dark color (I bought the lightest). After smoothing on, the foundation looked masklike, but after a few minutes turned into a more natural look.

My face is very oily and within 2 hours, the foundation had settled into my pores and by lunchtime, it had separated into something unrecognizeable as foundation. I would not recommend this foundation to anyone with very oily skin (which my skin is fairly normal)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I MUST SAY I WAS NOT IMPRESSED.. USED A FEW TIMES BUT ITS HEADED IN THE TRASH. ME AND MAYBELLINE HAVE A LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP. IM SUPER OILY AND NO MATTER WHAT MAYBELLINE JUST DOES NOT AGREE WITH ME. AND THIS JAR IS VERY HARD TO CARRY AROUND. I DIDNT LIKE THE LOOK, TEXTURE OR HOW IT WORE. SO I MUST SAY THAT THIS WAS NOT FOR ME

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by nermeenkishk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the best foundation ever, iuse it everyday for 5 yrs now,and i will use it for ever,it gives the best coverage without breaking out or anything, it does not look cakey or anything,it covers my pores very well,and it lasts long enough,
I would definiltely buy it again and again and again.
The only neg, is that i sometimes feel that it makes my skin old and not tight at all ,i only feel that,i dont know.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by indianprincessa

Not the best foundation out there but what it does good it works as a primer really well. It does conceal the pores and makes the skin look more youthful, though I could not use only this product of I want to look if I have a perfect skin. Colors are so so, it does accentuate dry patches on the skin and doesn't stay put really well.