Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 4/27/2014 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I think the ladies complaining about this foundation being "cakey" are probably applying this with a very heavy hand. This is a cream so less is definitely more. it's very light and sheer and it feels like I hardly have anything on my face. I love it! The only problem is the color. The Carmel is just slightly too light so using this in the summer when I'm darker won't work. On the other hand, the Cocoa is too dark. Pending on how dark I get this summer I might be able to use that (we shall see). Anyway, for the price this is amazing foundation. Just make sure you wash your hands before use and please use a light hand!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I brought this product as I liked the idea of it being a mousse and it's product description stated that it would give you soft feeling skin however although it did make my skin feel soft due to its mousse texture it also sat in lines. The product it self did actually last for an ideal amount of time when set with a powder but even with a powder it still transferred occasionally. Also after about 6 hours it began to go oily around my nose and I don't have oily skin so this was a bit of a nuisance. It did soak into my skin well and was not cakey at all but I did find to achieve this I had to buff it into my face with a brush but little lumps of foundation fell of the brush and onto my clothes sometimes which was very annoying. Overall it was ok but there are better foundations.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product has Cancer producing ingredient.

The information is provided by EWG.org which is a well know in USA. They test cosmetic products and put their findings in a data base which is available to the public.

Check out my review for the full info.

on 4/11/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. It has a really nice matte finish and If you blend it nicely, it doesn't look cakey. It didn't break me out and It's really cheap. Love it.

on 4/8/2014 11:57:00 PM

i don't like this product.
it is expensive (in Australia it is RP of $22)
this product doesn't last very long and is unhygienic because you hand/brushes are going in and out and can cause bacteria.
overall i think it is not the worst but definetly not the best product.

on 4/8/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this because I needed a cream/mousse foundation that doesn't contain SPF. After much research, it was between this and Rimmel's Lasting Finish liquid foundation. Well, I bought both because, well because it's makeup!! Anyhow, this is pretty good stuff, especially with primer. I tried applying with a stippling brush and a beauty blender and neither yielded good results. My ELF Studio powder brush proved to be the winner in this battle. The consistency is smooth and when applied with a flat top brush, my skin looks airbrushed. My shade was pretty easy to find - Natural Beige. The shade was a perfect match - which is pretty damn amazing since I usually have to mix at least two shades to get a match. Good job, Maybelline. The coverage is buildable - I usually only need one application to get an even tone. For heavier coverage, I just spot apply using the same brush.

There is no scent, the product itself is pretty creamy and the packaging is typical of mousse/cream foundations. It does seem like a small amount of product in the pan, but I assume that's because you really don't need much to get a nice result. I'd repurchase.

on 4/7/2014 8:25:00 PM

I'm not a fan. I may not be applying it correctly as I find it messy to use. I just dip a clean sponge in the pot and try to just get a little product and kind of dab on where needed. Blends good but even though I'm careful some product drops off sponge as it is cakey. I have had little balls of it on my shirt. Annoying. I guess I'm not a fan of the packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i have a tanned skin, oily acne prone face, and a tight budget. I bought my first one two months ago and it works ok. It cost me P500 in the Philippines then in US i bought my second one for $8 to 10. It will be cakey IF you put too much on. I suggest use a concealer (i use Covergirl invisible concealer - light pale {btw this was my first concealer thats why its too light/whiter than my skin]) then put the foundation next in LIGHT LAYERS. It lasts for about a whole school day (7.30 am-3pm). My skin works ok to it. BUT dont forget to remove it after because it will give you a few zits. The shorter/longer you let it stay + how much you put on = works great/disaster.

on 4/1/2014 3:50:00 PM

I really didn't like this product, it looked very cakey and left my pours looking massive. This was one of the first foundations I ever used and i wouldn't buy it again. Unfortunately I used it until the product was done because I hate wasting foundation (it was a nightmare), I like foundation to make my skin look smooth but this just made my skin look cakey and oily which made me very self conscious. I don't remember how much it cost but I assume it was between £5-£7. I give this product a 2/5 and would not buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Maybe I'm a loner here, but this is alright for my skin! I use the light ivory shade since I'm as pale as a ghost. I actually like how it feels, its so soft and light! With a beauty blender I got some good coverage out of this, and I didn't find it that cakey. Maybe by the end of the day, but only if I reapplied powder. For the price, I may buy again. I like it more than other mousse foundations I own.