April 16, 2014 | 2026 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Truly excellent stuff! I bought the 0.5oz bottle and am working my way through it quickly! Will buy the larger bottle as soon as I run out. I use it on my fingernails and cuticles and they look very nice now. My cuticles used to peel all the time. They don't anymore. I have just started using it on my toe nails too. I don't notice the scent at all. This is a great product to use and it works very very well. Thanks to the nail board for recommending this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 2:54:00 PM More reviews by themama23

HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG
Okay you get my point - I love this stuff - it has changed my life - at least the life of my hands. I used to bite my nails because they were always chipping and jagged nevermind the mess of cuticles around them. A manicurist recommended this to me and I have not bitten my nails since - we are talking almost 2 years now and my nails have never looked better - nails and cuticles. Bonus - this stuff smells super. I keep a bottle in my nightstand and also in my purse, great to use on long drives (if I'm not the driver of course) - if the urge to start picking at my nails ever does pop up I brush on some sweet smelling SolarOil instead. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2006 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Foveolata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It's all natural, and smooths and moisturizes my cuticles wonderfully! I am just about to repurchase. I had received a tiny sample bottle that lasted me forever, and am jsut about to replace it :) It's an excellent value.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2006 9:23:00 PM More reviews by azur86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG for years! It moisturizes really well and whips cuticles into shape! Helps prevent hang nails and doesn't make my polish chip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2006 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using Solar Oil about 2 months ago, as the ladies on the nail board highly recommend it. At that time I began implementing several products to improve my nails, and although I used Solar Oil nightly, I felt that it was playing a minor role in improving them.
Then I misplaced my bottle and went for almost two weeks without it. Well, the chronic(painful) hangnails returned and I got a big crack in the skin surrounding a thumbnail and my cuticles looked dry and flaky. Mind you, I still used hand lotion after every washing and wore gloves in winter winds. I soonafter found my missing bottle and began applying it everytime I was at my computer as well as bedtime and my nailbeds began to glow with health again! They felt soothed and comfortable!
Very light,almond scent. Online sources sell it very inexpensively. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Balboaroc

I bought Solar Oil upon recomendation from the girl that did my nails in January. She told me to apply nightly around my cuticles and massage in. This only takes but a minute of my time and my nails have NEVER looked this good. Maybe its because I'm just taking better care of them in general but ever since starting with the oil, no more ragged cuticles and no more peeling nails. Prior I couldn't grow mine out because as soon as I got a free edge they would peel and then break. I think my nails are at the longest they have ever been...ever. Not one peel, crack or break since January when I bought it. Product also lasts a long time and smells nice. I've barely made a dent in the bottle I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2006 10:42:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this every night for a few months and it has made a complete difference in the look and feel of my cuticles. It's easy to apply and although it doesn't seem to really sink in very quickly I don't have any problem with it getting on my sheets or bedding. I also love the Solar Balm which I keep in my purse and apply when I get a few minutes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Starness

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this every night before bed and/or after I take my nail polish off. I massage it into the nails & cuticles a few seconds for each.

Now I know this isn't supposed to make your nails grow but I swear by it, My nails and cuticles don't peel and they just feel so great!

This is my beauty secret for long healthy nails :D

(((((((((((8ty8Beauty.com sells this for only $4)))))))))))

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2006 11:05:00 PM More reviews by mvannewh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know - Solar Oil just didn't soften up my cuticles - even after using it for a week, a couple times a day, I haven't noticed much of any improvement. And my cuticles really aren't all that rough. It smells wonderful though! I didn't think Solar Oil was too expensive, and I thought it was pretty easy to use, but I don't think I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2006 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Bett1e

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best cuticle oil I ever tried was by T.I.P.S.. Tips, however, costs $15.00 plus shipping for a tiny bottle. I started to look for substitutes. As soon as I stopped using the Tips, my cuticles and nails became a mess. I then found Solar Oil and the cuticles look just as good. I highly recommend this product.
Update: the manicurist stated that my nails looked like they were well taken care of--I actually had done nothing to them other than place the solar oil on them whenever I sat at the computer continued >>