September 20, 2014 | 1412 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2006 4:51:00 AM More reviews by LandofAhz

Didn't do anything for me. Made my nail beds shiny for a moment. But after absorption, cuticles were still dry. Used up a whole entire bottle. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by booters78

My Skin Tone and Type: NC20/30 Combo skin and acne prone.

Now for the Product:

Coverage:N/A

Finish:shinny

Color:none

Application:just like a nail polish

Packaging& size:same as an nail polish

Price:purchased the mini for $3

lasting Power:well its a oil so no real lasting power.

Texture/ Consistency:smooth

Would i buy again:Yes

General Review of product:
I purchased the mini because you really don't use very much.
It smells so good and really works making my nails stronger and nail color last longer.
it is pretty pricey but alittle goes a long way so i can see this mini lasting a long time.
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by kameos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased 4 - 1/8 oz bottles on ebay for under $10.00 shipping & all so price was okay IF it had worked.
I used it according to directions.
It absorbed quickly enough & smelled okay but once it was soaked in
your nails you wouldn't even know you'd used it.
Nails did not improve over 3 1/2 weeks of use.
Certainly didn't make cuticles or hang nails softer as some claimed.
Actually seemed to make my nails look dryer for some reason.
It was just an extra step I could leave out for the time wasted with no
difference made.
WOULD NOT PURCHASE AGAIN!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2006 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Fruitini

This is great stuff and really works, its totally transformed the condition of my dry, cracked cuticles and another added bonus is NO MORE LIFTING with the acrylics on my nails!!! I love getting my nails done but suffer from terrible lifting, sometimes as soon as within a week so imagine my delight at not having to worry about that anymore.
I had Solar Oil stashed away in the cupboard for ages because I didn't find it did anything at first (my fault since I didn't use it properly). But decided to give it another go and applied it once "daily", and within a week I can see the dramatic difference its made, highly recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2006 5:26:00 PM More reviews by parsonsperson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You can get the same effect by using sweet almond oil, which you can buy at drugstores and places like Whole Foods for MUCH cheaper. I think Solar Oil does what it says and it's a quality product, but it's a HUGE rip-off. Seriously, get sweet almond oil...it smells the same (because it IS the same thing), it does the same thing, and you can get a lot more for far less than you pay for the tiny bit of Solar Oil you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Truly excellent stuff! I bought the 0.5oz bottle and am working my way through it quickly! Will buy the larger bottle as soon as I run out. I use it on my fingernails and cuticles and they look very nice now. My cuticles used to peel all the time. They don't anymore. I have just started using it on my toe nails too. I don't notice the scent at all. This is a great product to use and it works very very well. Thanks to the nail board for recommending this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 2:54:00 PM More reviews by themama23

HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG HG
Okay you get my point - I love this stuff - it has changed my life - at least the life of my hands. I used to bite my nails because they were always chipping and jagged nevermind the mess of cuticles around them. A manicurist recommended this to me and I have not bitten my nails since - we are talking almost 2 years now and my nails have never looked better - nails and cuticles. Bonus - this stuff smells super. I keep a bottle in my nightstand and also in my purse, great to use on long drives (if I'm not the driver of course) - if the urge to start picking at my nails ever does pop up I brush on some sweet smelling SolarOil instead. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2006 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Foveolata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It's all natural, and smooths and moisturizes my cuticles wonderfully! I am just about to repurchase. I had received a tiny sample bottle that lasted me forever, and am jsut about to replace it :) It's an excellent value.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2006 9:23:00 PM More reviews by azur86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG for years! It moisturizes really well and whips cuticles into shape! Helps prevent hang nails and doesn't make my polish chip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2006 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using Solar Oil about 2 months ago, as the ladies on the nail board highly recommend it. At that time I began implementing several products to improve my nails, and although I used Solar Oil nightly, I felt that it was playing a minor role in improving them.
Then I misplaced my bottle and went for almost two weeks without it. Well, the chronic(painful) hangnails returned and I got a big crack in the skin surrounding a thumbnail and my cuticles looked dry and flaky. Mind you, I still used hand lotion after every washing and wore gloves in winter winds. I soonafter found my missing bottle and began applying it everytime I was at my computer as well as bedtime and my nailbeds began to glow with health again! They felt soothed and comfortable!
Very light,almond scent. Online sources sell it very inexpensively. Highly recommend!