BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

on 5/27/2008 5:08:00 AM

You would expect more from Benefit line, but this is real crappy. You feel like you have a major oil slick on your face and like it cannot breathe. I hate it...what a waste of money!

on 5/23/2008 12:34:00 AM

I really wanted to like this foundation, because I love the packaging--small, portable, neat, and convenient. I also really liked the coverage on my sometimes acne-prone skin, but then realized it was causing the acne I was trying to cover. It was too oily and heavy for me--will not, cannot buy again.

on 5/20/2008 11:23:00 PM

I have this in jumprope and it is the perfect coverup! I know it is sold as a "foundation" but I think it works better as a spot corrector. I use it to even out red spots or splotches and it covers nicely. It also has lasting power on me and is super easy to blend and carry around if I need to touch up. It's a little on the expensive side, but I don't use enough of it daily to make it not worth it, def a great buy!

on 5/14/2008 11:08:00 AM

I rarely wear foundation, usually just tinted moisturizer b/c I don't have a lot of time for makeup. Well, I have found a nice alternative - Play Sticks! I use the Spin the Bottle shade and wear it for special occasions only. It can be a little drying so I always moisturize well and use a good primer. I find it stays on really well and offers a great finish.

on 4/20/2008 6:42:00 PM

I got this as a freebie but I would definetly not repurchase after running out.
Positives: Convienient, on-the-go application, med-full coverage, lightweight.
Negatives: minimal staying power, greasy feeling, shades are either too pink or too dark...

this is just my backup incase I run out of my other foundation. i find it makes good if u get an eyeliner or eyeshadow smudge around ur eyes as a quick fixer upper but thats it . its just a -meh- okay product. Nothing special

on 4/14/2008 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I had been using this product for about a year or so now. I have acne prone skin and this covered everything up pretty well and i was generally very happy with it until people started telling me how orange i looked. So i then decided to change to a foundation from MAC and woooooooooooow!!!! Only then did i realise the difference!! The shades arent very good, i was using 'jumprope' and it was too orange for my skin. Also, the foundation is really quite heavy and can easily make you look like you put too much on! The price is waaaay too much too in my opinion, so i wudnt be buying this product again.

on 3/26/2008 7:07:00 AM

I've only given this a 4 because Jax is slightly to pinkish on my skin. All the same it's a great foundation and super quick in the mornings.

I love the coverage it gives and the fact it feels moisturising. Some people have said this is too heavy but not for me, it's perfect in my opinion - I draw it on then blend it very lightly with a finger and it's perfect, it gives brilliant coverage and control in where you apply it.

I am going to revisit the colour selection when and if I buy this again - i'm assuming I will because it's one of the best stick foundations i've ever tried.
The packaging is super sturdy and expensive feeling, not to mention it takes up hardly any room in my mu bag.

I also love the green tea smell!!

Well done benefit!

This is the first foundation i tried that didnt break my skin out nor left it dry. It is amazing! I love that it gave great coverage. Plus, I was able to find my exact color too! i have meduim-tanish skin and jump-rope was perfect! I like the stick size because it saves save and its easy to apply. I draw circles and dots on my face and smooth it out with a foundation brush. The coverage may be thick for some but i have spots that i need to cover so this was perfect. Too bad it's a tad bit expensive :(

on 3/11/2008 9:23:00 AM

ADDITION to review: Not as great in the summer as it is during the winter, as in makes normal skin look a little shiny during the summer. It's great during the winter, though!
Love it! I have very fair skin with freckles, so I bought Jax and it's a great match. My face tends to be dry, so I don't usually do well with powders or any foundations, really (I've stuck to concealers dabbed where I need help in the past - use Booing #1 under my eyes). But I was looking for something to even out my skin tone - I have a broken blood vessel on my cheek, and the skin around my nose and on my chin needs some help looking even. This does the trick, finishes so great, and the packaging is awesome - the stick won't break, the product is easy to apply, and it travels well. If you want natural-looking coverage to even out your skin tone, this is great. It's definitely not a full coverage makeup. I absolutely love the finish, too - it's not heavy or greasy, it finishes like pressed powder, but never gets cakey and keeps my face from feeling too dry! Two thumbs up for Benefit, again.

on 3/9/2008 9:59:00 PM

my purpose in buying this porduct was to get a really easy quick and even complexion. it's satisfactory. i can just wear it every morning in about 5 minutes ( my skin has uneven texture and some blemishes) but it wont cover them all. The colour blends in very well, but u can still tell the uneven texture. But i guess no foundation can cover bumpy skin. so i can live with that.
Remember: this products rubs off very easily so u have to put a loose powder on top with a brush to set it in.
Price: itz too pricy for me. I'll have to see how long it lasts before i make a decision about a second purchase. But if you have the money, and are not afraid of using it, definitely buy one =)