BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

on 8/11/2008 10:04:00 AM

fantastic coverage! if only it lasted longer! i must admit it is very oily and it causes it to slide off your face a few hours later! i was so happy with this when i first got it, after i purcashed the third stick i started to get fed up of it sliding off my face as i need total cover up, so i no longer buy this product as i need to concentrate on helping my troublesome skin instead of covering it up in 'heavy industrial strength foundation' as my boyfriend called it , and its what it felt like on my skin!

on 7/16/2008 6:09:00 PM

First I thought I like this foundation stick for the first few days and it looked beautiful on the skin, but after while it created more oily on T-zone and very easy to come off that doesn't last long. This foundation is more likely concealer than the foundation itself and it's very oily. Not good to use it for warm/humid weather. I would not buy this again and I also would NOT recommend to anyone who has oily skin even prone acne.

i adore this product very much. everyone says its oily, but when i put it on, i just streak it wherever i need it, and use the triangle sponge, damp it in water and it doesnt make my face oily at all. i like this product cause it does do well on coverage. i'd buy it again most def!

on 7/7/2008 11:35:00 PM

MY HG. i can't say enough about this product! first of all the coverage in beyond amazing, full coverage without looking it. my face looks flawless without looking like i have a mask on. the smell of tea tree oil is wonderful and very clean smelling and doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin. my skin is also very dry but i put on a good moisturizer before i put 3 stripes and 2 dots on my face (stripe on my forehead, and each cheek, then a dot on my nose and chin) then blend with my fingers for a flawless look. i think if you don't put too much product on you will have no problem with oil. this product is so creamy and easy to blend you need very little. also it looks great in photos! i use paper dolls which seems like it would be too dark for my skin but it blends flawlessly.

UPDATE, knocking one star off because it isn't that long lasting so you might have to touch up. still love it
my only con is the $32 pricetag. now i've spent way more on foundation and this is completely worth it but i feel like this should be cheaper than their liquid foundation which is only $30.

my only suggestion is to get matched with this at a benefit counter or sephora because the lighter shades are all very similar but with different base tones and are misleading with their descriptions.

on 6/20/2008 7:51:00 PM

Wow. This foundation is actually a god send for me. I have many red patches and other discolourations on my face and this just covers it all up. Most of all, A VERY LITTLE GOES A LONG, LONG WAY, just swipe it on and blend and it goes everywhere. I think most people think its very oily because if used in access it does make a 'layer' effect and becomes very thick, but generally, this goes over EVERYTHING. I use Jax, the lightest shade, and it is wonderful! My mum also uses it and she has very patchy skin and rosasia, and this covers it too! It's wonderful! It's not really that expensive at all considering how much you have to use per application!

on 5/27/2008 5:08:00 AM

You would expect more from Benefit line, but this is real crappy. You feel like you have a major oil slick on your face and like it cannot breathe. I hate it...what a waste of money!

on 5/23/2008 12:34:00 AM

I really wanted to like this foundation, because I love the packaging--small, portable, neat, and convenient. I also really liked the coverage on my sometimes acne-prone skin, but then realized it was causing the acne I was trying to cover. It was too oily and heavy for me--will not, cannot buy again.

on 5/20/2008 11:23:00 PM

I have this in jumprope and it is the perfect coverup! I know it is sold as a "foundation" but I think it works better as a spot corrector. I use it to even out red spots or splotches and it covers nicely. It also has lasting power on me and is super easy to blend and carry around if I need to touch up. It's a little on the expensive side, but I don't use enough of it daily to make it not worth it, def a great buy!

on 5/14/2008 11:08:00 AM

I rarely wear foundation, usually just tinted moisturizer b/c I don't have a lot of time for makeup. Well, I have found a nice alternative - Play Sticks! I use the Spin the Bottle shade and wear it for special occasions only. It can be a little drying so I always moisturize well and use a good primer. I find it stays on really well and offers a great finish.

on 4/20/2008 6:42:00 PM

I got this as a freebie but I would definetly not repurchase after running out.
Positives: Convienient, on-the-go application, med-full coverage, lightweight.
Negatives: minimal staying power, greasy feeling, shades are either too pink or too dark...

this is just my backup incase I run out of my other foundation. i find it makes good if u get an eyeliner or eyeshadow smudge around ur eyes as a quick fixer upper but thats it . its just a -meh- okay product. Nothing special