April 16, 2014 | 1925 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by thatssoblasian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cupcake mask has made my skin a lot smoother and dramatically reduced it's oiliness. It smells great, it smells like chocolate, and a little does go a long way with this product; however this product must be kept refrigerated to prevent it from spoiling.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

These are one of the few products that have not impressed me from LUSH. It doesn't smell like cupcake or chocolate, but rather like alot of concentrated chinese incense. It also didn't do much for my oily skin....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was just okay for me. It made my skin a little less oily, but there wasn't much of a noticeable difference. It smells like chocolate frosting and does tighten skin, and I haven't had any break outs from this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by blondegiraffe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mask. Oh, this mask. I've had an obsession with LUSH since I was 14, and I've been buying products here and there for several years. (I even go to the store in Tokyo near my grandma's apartment when I'm there.) This Cupcake mask is one item I keep going back to. I don't have the kind of funds or time to be regularly using the LUSH masks, but when I feel like treating myself, I get a small tub of Cupcake. The smell is absolutely HEAVENLY. It's a true chocolate scent with minty undertones. The consistency is just right; it's not liquid-y and it's not chunky. It feels like heavy mousse. Straight from the fridge, it feels nice and cool on your skin. As for the after effects, the wonderful smell lingers and my skin feels super soft. Unfortunately, Cupcake isn't a miracle worker and I've never noticed a huge improvement in my skin after use. But I don't use it to treat acne or other problems, because I fortunately have my skin under control with my skin regime. I do think it reduces the oil on my face after use, though. I love and use Cupcake because it really is a nice treat to have once in a while, it smells DELICIOUS, and I think it does have a positive (enough) effect on my skin. For a mask that will REALLY save your skin, help fight blemishes and oil, get Indian Healing Clay powder and Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (both available at Whole Foods or any health food store). No where NEAR as good-smelling as Cupcake, but it's SO MUCH CHEAPER and very effective.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product didn't really do much for my skin. My skin felt clean after washing it off, so I guess it helped remove some oil. But, I also think it dried my skin out a little bit. It didn't do anything to combat acne or help even out my skin tone or texture. Also, this product smelled nice at first, but when I took it home and applied it I realized that underneath the chocolate was a sort of weird musty smell. It didn't make my skin smell funny, but it also wasn't enjoyable to wear for 10 minutes. I would recommend the I Love Lettuce mask instead-it's much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by candyshock134

I really wanted to love this one! :( Unfortunately after trying it three times I realized it was increasing my acne and making my pimples painful red lumps rather than my normal acne. It smelled wonderful and the idea was delicious but I would never buy this one again! :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was nervouse because I have very very oily and acne skin. I really like this mask though! Even though there is almond oil and shea butter in it, I didn't notice any new break-outs. My face was soft, yet matte when I rinsed it off. Plus, if you use it before you leave the house for the day, your face smells like chocolate all day! Instant de-stressor. I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is love in a jar. Like all Lush fresh masks, it's very expensive and you have to use it up within a couple of weeks (lasts for maybe 3-4 uses depending on the amount you use), but it does absolute wonders, at least for my sensitive, oily and acne prone skin. It visibly clears my acne up immediately after and for a couple of days after using it. That, along with the divine scent of minty brownies (that lasts long after you've washed it off!) makes it worth it to spoil yourself with this little treasure every once in a while! Your skin and nose will thank you. A warning though, you will be craving chocolate for as long as the smell lingers, which can be days, haha!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by terrib93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product! I have typical teenage skin: combination, spot-prone with fairly large pores on my nose. I have purchased this mask a few times, and will continue to do so. Why? I love the smell of this product, the best smelling lush face mask by far in my opinion! I also find that this mask works well as it doesnt leave my skin feeling dry, however it balances out the oils in my t-zone and leaves my skin soft with a nice glow. The only thing I dont particularly like about the product is the mess it makes when taking it off! I always get bits of the mask everywhere which can be a bit of a hassle but other than that, really nice product. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by steflondon88

I must admit i like this one more because it smells yummy. But also i think it Gives you a glow. but its alright....