July 31, 2014 | 995 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by avar

I don't use this as a concealer, because I have found better products for the job. But, I love this as an eyeshadow base coat. I have also discovered that an application of a narrow strip of this on the lower lashes keeps eyeliner on the bottom lashes from flaking off and getting all over, irregardless of the type of eyeliner I use, e.g. cream, gel, powder. I use a brush that is only slightly thicker than an eyeliner brush and apply Well Rested just below the liner. It acts as a great barrier.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2007 6:26:00 AM More reviews by mcv714

Can't believe I paid 20 bucks for this stuff. It is not creamy enough to really show up which is too bad because it's a good color. It shouldn't be advertised as a multi-use eyeshadow/corrector/concealer, again it's not creamy enough and accentuates pores and makes the normal texture of the skin look like wrinkles. (I found Everyday Minerals intensive light concealer is a similar color but brighter and has a creamier consistency).

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2007 6:21:00 AM More reviews by mcv714

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2007 9:44:00 AM More reviews by kimberlyTR

I purchased a pot of this WELL RESTED in hopes of getting a great concealer, but I ended up with a strange off-color chalky mess --- if you hate the white racoon eyes in photographs, I dont suggest this product, at least not for the entire eye area -- I used my mac eyeliner brush and sweep it across my bottom lash row to "HILIGHT" and "BRIGHTEN" the dark spots, as for a concealer I don't suggest it -- it's just too chalky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this product does NOT do what it's supposed to do! I have light skin (fairly light in BE) and I bought it to cover redness around my eye area and cover up my dark circles...it does neither. I used it every way I could think of....before BE foundation, after BE foundation, alone, mixed with other things.....nothing works. boooooooo! it also makes my eye area look very wrinkley, and I'm only 22 and have 0 wrinkles! hate it. waste of $. UPDATE: I found a way to make this lighten my look. after putting on concealer, foundation, mineral veil and all that, I dab a brushful under each eye, blend, and then dab some on the sides of my nose down my cheeks. makes my face look a bit brighter and more even.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by adobeprincess

Not the best for my light skintone. It is kind of yellow. It may be better for medium skintones.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2007 9:58:00 PM More reviews by mcgrath_987

It didn't offer as much coverage as I wanted. I had to put a lot before it actually did its job. But I like it best when I put it on top of my Kanebo Kate Collection stick concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2007 11:07:00 PM More reviews by LuckyLynndee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product!! I have been using it for about 9 months now and by far its the BEST concealer I have ever used.. never flakes, or gets oily - I dont really have to use too much of it to conceal my dark circles.. I just love this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2007 12:38:00 AM More reviews by cinnamongirl46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this everyday. I use it as concealer around my nose, to cover red spots on my face and around my eyes everyday to cover redness, dark shadows and as an eyeshadow base. It is also good by itself when you want a natural, not made up look, because it covers and lightens the area around the eye and really does make you look well-rested. The only thing you have to watch for is of if there is any moisture around your eye, it will cake, so make sure your eye area is dry, I blot my eyes with a kleenex before applying. Again, the packaging is an issue, so don't remove the sticker covering the sifter holes, just poke a couple of holes and use a small brush or eyeshadow applicator. When I use it as concealer, I use my concealer brush. I would definitely repurchase this eyeshadow, it is silky smooth and lasts all day and looks great.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2007 8:17:00 PM More reviews by adobeprincess

I got this with my starter package and I was excited about it because I have circles under my eyes. While I hear yellow can be a good color for under the eyes this one was not good for my fairly light skin color. I ordered the bisque not the summer, but the bisque and it works much better for me. This may be a great tone for medium skin tones, but I found it is not a one color fits all color.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No