Bare Escentuals Well Rested

on 8/11/2007 9:20:00 AM

I started using BE several months ago and Well Rested (WR) was immediately added to my collection based on various reviews I had read. I am 30 yrs old, use fairly lt/lt in the foundation and have minor red spots and infrequent blemishes, but my real problem is deep set eyes and dark circles.

WR works for me as a e/s base as well as a concealor - it's quick and easy to apply as well. It also nicely covered up my once a month pimple too, so I was happy about that! I do agree that if you have any moisture around your eye that it will cake up, so dab your eyes before applying. I've used just WR as e/s too with mascara and I thought it looked so fresh and polished.

I do recommend it, but I could see how this color wouldn't look good on all skin tones. Hopefully, before you buy you can try it out to see if it works for you.

on 7/24/2007 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Can't BE without this one.Makes my dark undereye circles less noticable & works great as an eve shadow primer.

I started using my BE bisque again for foundation, and really needed some to conceal around my eyes. I have extremely dark circles and broken capillaries from eye surgery as a child. I checked this out at Sephora, swiping it on my arm. It looked too light, chalky and yellow so I passed it up. I had never had good luck with yellow concealors before anyhow. My mom, who uses this daily, let me try hers and I was really surprised that I liked it. I guess because it really is an eyeshadow, the texture at first put me off because I expected more of the smoothness of the rest of their face products. It covers the dark areas okay, not 100%, but nothing ever does without looking caked on and weird on me. It looks really natural in combination with the bisque. I don't think it makes me look "well rested" or brightens my eyes at all, but in combination with other BE products, it's great for natural concealing around my eyes.

on 6/6/2007 1:41:00 AM

Not impressed with this as a concealer or eyeshadow (product is too chalky and light for my skintone) however, I do use it as a highlighter near the brow bone and on the bridge of my nose for a narrowing effect. Will probably repurchase if I ever run out.

on 5/30/2007 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Best concealor every for light skin tones! Especially when you mix it with an equal part of summer bisque. Works best when applied with wet application before mineral foundation.

on 5/25/2007 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product looks incredibly dry and crepey on the skin (I have dry skin, but no lines around my eyes). Why bother with a somewhat messy product when I can get good results with a traditional concealer?

on 5/2/2007 2:39:00 PM

I received Well-Rested in a duo with Bisque. Bisque is the all-purpose concealer, and Well-Rested is the eye primer/base. Well Rested is a creamy light yellow beige tone that works well as a base or on it's own... it gives that bright-eyed look with very little effort. Doesn't have the gentle sheen of Vanilla Sugar - it's pretty matte - but it has a similar effect.

on 4/17/2007 6:18:00 PM

I don't use this as a concealer, because I have found better products for the job. But, I love this as an eyeshadow base coat. I have also discovered that an application of a narrow strip of this on the lower lashes keeps eyeliner on the bottom lashes from flaking off and getting all over, irregardless of the type of eyeliner I use, e.g. cream, gel, powder. I use a brush that is only slightly thicker than an eyeliner brush and apply Well Rested just below the liner. It acts as a great barrier.

on 3/18/2007 6:26:00 AM

Can't believe I paid 20 bucks for this stuff. It is not creamy enough to really show up which is too bad because it's a good color. It shouldn't be advertised as a multi-use eyeshadow/corrector/concealer, again it's not creamy enough and accentuates pores and makes the normal texture of the skin look like wrinkles. (I found Everyday Minerals intensive light concealer is a similar color but brighter and has a creamier consistency).

on 3/18/2007 6:21:00 AM