November 27, 2014 | 1497 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Clean Sweep Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was never into the idea of using wipes, but people on here swear by it to remove eye makeup. Usually if I am washing my face with Ponds cream, I will leave black water from my mascara everywhere on my bathroom sink. So, I bought a pack of these from W@lmart in hopes of removing my eye makeup, before I use the Pond's cream. They did a great job at removing most of my makeup including waterproof L'oreal Voluminous mascara, however, it rated quite poorly in removing my MAC Liquidlast eyeliner. I had to use the cream to remove that, it stayed on just like how I had applied it hours earlier. I am on the fence if I will bother to buy these again. I just may for the fact it removed my mascara, and so I didn't have any "black water" on my sink. I am a bit bummed that it didn't take off EVERYTHING though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by AndieD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After reading the reviews on here (thanks, Ladies) I went to CVS & bought a package of these. I am so glad that I did too because I LOVE them. They take your makeup off in one or two swipes (including eyeshadow & liner... mascara needs a bit more) & leave your skin feeling soft & squeaky clean. I also love that they don't have much of a scent (what is there is nice) & they don't dry your face up. I will be buying again as my first package is almost gone. Id wish that they came in a tub instead of just a soft plastic package though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 9:43:00 AM More reviews by waterfreak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a sample size of these (5 for .99) just to try them, plus I liked the fact that the sample size was easy to carry in your bag or purse, and perfect for travel. I have tried Everyday Mineral's Cosmetic Wet Wipes and I hated them. These are a whole different story. I was very skeptical when first trying them. I don't like having to use something to rub my eye area like crazy to get the mascara off. I usually use Neutrogena remover with a cotton ball, which I love, but I don't like the greasy residue it leaves behind. Well, I am very happy to say these towelettes are awesome. I don't wear waterproof mascara, so I can't comment on that, but omg...these worked so well and without having to rub hard at all. I don't mind the smell at all, since I wash my face directly after I take off all my makeup anyway, then apply my moisturizer. I will definitely buy these again. In fact, they work so great I may even consider phasing out my Neutrogena altogether. Another trick I tried; since I only really need a makeup remover for my eye area before I wash my face, these towlettes are so big, I could easily cut them in half and still have plenty left over. So in the long run, these are a great bargain and so very convenient. I think I am in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by tasha1977

HG! Can't be without these! They don't stink like MAC, they remove all makeup (primer and all) with one wipe and my face is so clean I don't use a cleanser afterward! I have repurchased more times than I can count!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the ponds brand and loved it... other than the smell. I didn't really like the smell. While purchasing for refills at walgreens, i notice the walgreens brand was cheaper by like 2 bucks so I decided I try theirs instead and their ingredients are pretty much the same except I think ponds have the "questionable ingredients" toward the end of the list and Walgreen's have several "questionable ingredients" at the beginning. I believe it works the same and it smells much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by ali723

these work pretty well. i agree with other reviewers who say that they are great for those lazy nights you just can't be bothered to wash your face. but they smell very strong and the texture is almost scratchy in my opinion. i like the idea of cleansing cloths, but i will probably check out some other brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by pandah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent make up remover, especially on those nights you're too lazy to do the whole 9. It doesn't remove mascara or liquid eye liner too well but excellent for foundation and blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 4:24:00 AM More reviews by tanni

These Clean Sweep towelettes are definite HG's for me. I keep going back to them, again and again. (I must be on my 10th or 11th pack by now). One towelette will remove all my makeup, provided it isn't WP. It leaves my face feeling clean; there isn't any odd film left behind on my skin (which is a complaint I often hear about Mac wipes) and it doesn't leave my skin dry or tight. Cleansers will often leave my skin tight-feeling, and it's a very bothersome thing for me.

For a while, I thought I liked the Boot's 4-1's better, and while those are very good, they're more expensive (but a dollar when Pond's is at full retail, but at my Long's Pond's is often discounted, so it ends up being significantly cheaper) At $5 or less, this stuff wins out. Plus, the towelettes are textured and seem to "grab" at the makeup a little better than the Boot's wipes.

I use absolutely no cleanser after using these, and sometimes a moisturizer. I'll use my oil cleanser, however, if I'm wearing something like MUFE Mat Velvet (which is extremely water resistant and only really comes off with an oil remover or heavy cleanser) or WP eye m/u. I'll also add that these are very good if you're a little on the lazy side about taking off your m/u... like I am. :P continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

I have been searching for the best wipes I can find for the cheapest price, and so far, these are in the lead. I am not crazy about the fragrance, I'd prefer if they were unscented, but oh, well... I've smelled worse. So far, I have purchased and used MAC wipes, Sephora brand, Jeanne Pierre, and Neutrogena. MAC were my fave, but the price is more than I'd prefer to pay for this type of product. Sephora's are good, but they sting the skin around my eyes for some reason. Jeanne Pierre were my least fave; the price was right, but the scent reminded me of nail polish remover! (Yikes!) Neutrogena are good, but I don't like the texture of the cloth compared to the others.
(I'm sorry... I know... I always digress!)
Anyway, the Ponds Clean Sweeps are under $5.00 for 30 wipes (great price compared to MAC & Sephora). They don't sting the area around my eyes, they don't leave any sticky residue on my face afterwards, and the cloth is nicely textured, almost like an exfoliating cloth. I always follow-up with facial cleanser afterwards no matter what brand I use- but the Ponds wipes were the first I used that I didn't feel the 'need' to do so. It removed all the same junk from my face that the other brands do- no better, no worse. For the price and the performance, I would definitely repurchase and recommend these wipes.

UPDATE 12/01/08: Well, something about these cloths changed, and along with it- my rating. They changed the texture of the cloth (at least I think so) and I don't like them anymore. Also, the price went up, and I think they are a few bucks more now. Disappointed... \:o(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 4:13:00 AM More reviews by SugarNikita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A little about me: Very dry, sensitive skin, that tends to overproduce oil, with possible mild rosacea on cheeks and chin.

I love Pond's Clean Sweep. I've been using them for years. They are great at gently removing makeup, even mascara, and they don't irritate my skin. They have never broken me out that I know of. They gently exfoliate, moisturize, and soothe. I love them. Give them a try. They are worth the money, and the travel packs are great when you have to go somewhere. Wonderful product! continued >>