July 22, 2014 | 1232 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2006 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Anaterma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

bought mythic tone of this based on rave reviews here....and what? i had an irritation with this powder. my face began to itch just as i applied it. after some time skin turned a little bit red. although product is nice - it makes your face glow, BUT i don't think that other highlighters gives something completely different. so it was just a waste of money for me. and frangance is awful.

packing is ok, but also not very easy to use at every day.

will definitly try to sell it to someone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2006 1:33:00 AM More reviews by livtylerjadian

I love it..totally over-hyped but i still love it..

to see the difference apply to half of your face and compare. i use this when im too stuffed to wear makeup or on a night out i apply this to set the make up im wearing. i must say that this does some amazing things on my t-zone. no break outs and my skin stays smooth and dewy.

i dont mind the box but i would say that i good brush is needed to get the best effects. I first saw this at my best friends house 5 years ago. I still dont understand why i only ever tried it recently.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2006 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Heleni

I loved the look i got from this product. My skin looked so clear and had this glow to it. I put it all over my face with a big brush, you only have to use the tinest amount though cause u can end up looking quite pale if you use alot of it. Dont like the packaging and it is quite expensive in Australia I think its $150.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2006 2:43:00 PM More reviews by absolutbuffy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have used these in Mythic, Pink Fresh, and Beige Chic and I love them all. They are a great subtle highlighter that give just a wonderful polished look. My favorite so far are the mythic, but I love them all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2006 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Tippchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a weird product. I am unsure as to whether it does anything for me or not but maybe it's the smell or the hype but I can't seem to be without it. I have a small freebie container I have that is always in my make-up bag. Does it just add a bit of shimmer to my face? Do I just feel really posh brushing it on? Or is is the violet fragrance? Regardless, it has become (albeit somewhat grudgingly) a part of my staples, which are actually fairly limited. Try at your own risk.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2006 7:10:00 PM More reviews by journeyisthejoy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

MYSTIC, the original, is my Holy Grail. THis highlighter subtlely highlights and corrects...no visible shimmer particles like the Beige shade. I worried that the pink balls might look weird on my complexion (I find a lot of highlighters are too pink toned) but thought if it didn't work out, I could pick out the pink ones :-) However, this just brightened! Swirling my kabuki brush over the balls, the different colors seem to magically cover where they are needed. Amazing, holy grail. However, putting too much of this on can sometimes make me look to pale. EDIT: Now that it is summer, this gives me a whitish cast. I'm also disliking the scent. I wonder if it was just the pretty balls that made me rave over this...I've tried aromaleigh perle and that seems better with better mineral ingredients too!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2006 12:13:00 AM More reviews by vina1234

Women are suckers for great packaging and pretty colors! Heck I'm one of 'em! Love the balls, love the colors, love the packaging even though it is made of cardboard. And what the heck? I thought the product was going to be larger than what it is. For presentation's sake, Guerlain has used a photo of this product that is about double the actual size of this full size product which is deceiving since it is hard to depict the actual size of the container just by looking at internet photos even though I have passed by this product at Neiman's about 100 times before! Ever since I was a kid! Anyway, I like it but don't love it. And what glow? Haven't seen it yet. It is very translucent. 3 lippies...coz it's too much hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 3:23:00 AM More reviews by limwc

After reading so many good reviews, I decided to pick up one for myself in Bangkok airport. I was recommended to buy Mythic 01. I used it for 2 days and I love the texture and the glow in my face. It is definitely worth buying it but Guerlain could definitely improve the packaging. If I can recall, years ago, it was sold in nice metal jars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2006 4:38:00 AM More reviews by fag_hag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought a sample to try it since it's so expensive. Needless to say, someone at work (a guy) did a double take and said: "You look...great today. You look...different." He kept looking at my face. I don't know if it was my blush or the powder. Needless to say, am planning to buy the full size. :)

EDIT: Finally bought full-size. And I have no regrets. I think the reason why it works is that the green removes redness, the lavender and pink kinda removes the dark areas of the face while the white ones supply a glow. There IS a glow that happens but somehow you won't detect where it starts or where it ends.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I wrote an earlier review of this item but decided to completely rewrite it, since my opinion of it has radically changed. Once upon a time, I was enchanted with Meteorites...but that was before I'd had much experience with cosmetics. I was dazzled by the famous name, the elaborate packaging, the luxury pricing, the glowing editorials, and of course, the reviews right here on MUA.

Eventually, I got distracted by another shiny new makeup item and stopped using the Meteorites for awhile. When I tried them again, I was surprised to find that the pretty glow that they once seemed to impart, was in fact, a slight dusting of silvery microglitter. The packaging, which I'd once been proud to display on my dresser, now looked tacky and over-done. And wasteful too, since the cap created a vacuum effect, causing a puff of powder to burst out of the container every time I opened it.

I tried to recapture the magic by sampling the Beige Chic and Pink Fresh Meteorites, but realized that they too merely added fine glitter to my face (but gold and pink this time instead of silver and white) and did nothing more. Not that there's anything wrong with the discrete use of subtle microglitter to brighten up the complexion, but the quality and delivery system (those annoying balls) is inferior to much cheaper options like MAC's MSFs. I also realized that glitter never looks natural and that I prefer the soft, more realistic sheen that products like Becca's Shimmer Powders provide (especially the Pressed versions).

In conclusion, this is an outrageously over-hyped and over-priced item. It's not terrible, but there are far nicer face powder or highlighter options out there for less money. continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No