Guerlain Les Meteorites balls powder

4.1

on 6/2/2006 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am totally in love. I have the mythic and beige chic. I use one of them every day as my finishing powder over foundation or just alone. Mythic is just that perfect everyday glow. There is this gorgeous shimmer and that candlelit glow that surprises me every day. Beige chic is for when I need a little more color. Yes, yes, the cardboard box is hideous. My tip for when you want more powder on your brush is to give them a decent shake and then store them upside down to get the loose stuff to sit on top. I use a very soft fluffy powder brush. Love these, they'll last forever and make me smile and my skin look amazing! EDIT: I now have these up for swap. I just don't think that all over shimmer is right for me. Especially if I use shimmery blush or shimmery bronzer. Colors are still great but just not the effect I want now.

on 5/27/2006 9:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I had this for a few months now, initially i wasnt so sure about this because after the first couple of application, my brush doesnt seem to pick up anything at all, and then nothing gone on my skin. After i consult the lovely MUAs here, and was told that by lightly shaking the balls in the container, the powder will come back. Since then, I cannot part with these little pearls.
It gives a very subtle effect of glow, I personally hate anything overly shimmery because i just look like a disco ball when shimmer is on my face. But i was pleasantly suprise that meteorites doesnt turn me into a disco ball and really give a healthy glow.
I can actually tell when i am not wearing it, and i recommend this product to anyone who is not expecting a shimmer face but rather a subtle glow.

on 5/13/2006 6:05:00 PM

I must say that this is one of the most overhyped product ever but I still love it!!! I own both the ball and the pressed version. The powder does indeed gives a slightly soft-focused look but not something dramatic. Mineral veil does makes more difference and MAC Select Sheer pressed powder does givesimilar effect and both products are a lot cheaper. However,I love feeling pampered and I don't mind paying for Guerlain's innovation. I 'm paying for an idea here. The ball shaped powder are so beautiful and it looks like pearl. Everybody else has copied it. The container is breathtaking. The faint smell is classy and heavenly. This product is a true definition of 'french chic'. A must have for your vanity. Will purchase again.

on 5/9/2006 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this in Mythic. From the picture online, I thought this would come in a nice container, but it's just like cardboard - but that has nothing to do with my review. These are perfumed and gave me a headache. I couldn't see these on my PPP skin at all. These went straight back to Sephora.

on 5/1/2006 2:36:00 PM

I'm an NC20 and I use this in Mythic as an all over finishing powder. I caved to the hype, but love how this makes my skin look. The multi-colored balls even out my skintone and really reduce the redness. The shimmer is not very noticeable, and it gives my face a wonderful healthy glow. It seems to brighten my entire complexion. The smell didn't bother me at all, in fact, I kind of like it. The scent disappears really quickly after anyway. It is pricey, but will last forever.

on 4/15/2006 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm very fair and have a lot of red in my cheeks, and I'm almost out of my original Meteorites (after several YEARS). I'm wondering whether I should use Beige Chic to replace it. I use it over a pale Clinique powder to even everything out. What do those of you who combat redness and have fair skin think?
I notice in reading the reviews that everyone is complaining about the packaging. I came upon a fantastic solution. If you put the balls in a small vase with a wider bottom and a neck just wide enough to fit the brush through, they mix well, the balls and powder don't bounce out, and they last forever.

on 4/9/2006 11:10:00 AM

I gave this a try at the Guerlain counter and loved what it did for my face. However, I read the ingredients and wheat starch is one of the main ingredients. Being celiac, I cannot ingest anything containing wheat starch without getting extremely ill and wonder whether this could be harmful applied externally? If anyone out there can offer their insights, it would be greatly appreciated. Doing a google search on this yielded nothing.

on 3/31/2006 1:39:00 AM

i bought this in pink fresh after the SA told me mythic was too pale for me. it's been 2 weeks and i like what i see so far, i have tried going out with a thin layer and with 2-3 layers of this all over my face and decided that i looked best with the first look. i look 'red' if i put on too much hence i m going to get myself mythic regardless. i dust this after applying my blusher and before mascara & es. my face becomes dewy, t-zone shine becomes less apparent esp now that my nose is already shiny by noon - i forgot to put it on this morning! which brings me to mention that twirling my kabuki in the canister of colored balls is a joy and smelling the soft scent while swiping the powder on my face is always quite lovely - but soon comes the painful part of trying to get the cover back on. everything's just so cardboardy and too much pushing. i seriously dont know if they'll last the daily ordeal of pulling/ pushing the cover and the useless puff. these balls if used every day should last a good 2 years imo. i keep the puff to keep the balls from getting out and making a mess all over the inside of the cover. i like the deep canister and the design and colors but i imagine a metal or plastic fliptop with a compartment for a kabuki brush would make a better container for this beauty. and at the counter dont 'test' this on the hand, it looks waaaayyyy better on the face.

on 3/28/2006 12:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

bought mythic tone of this based on rave reviews here....and what? i had an irritation with this powder. my face began to itch just as i applied it. after some time skin turned a little bit red. although product is nice - it makes your face glow, BUT i don't think that other highlighters gives something completely different. so it was just a waste of money for me. and frangance is awful.

packing is ok, but also not very easy to use at every day.

will definitly try to sell it to someone.

I love it..totally over-hyped but i still love it..

to see the difference apply to half of your face and compare. i use this when im too stuffed to wear makeup or on a night out i apply this to set the make up im wearing. i must say that this does some amazing things on my t-zone. no break outs and my skin stays smooth and dewy.

i dont mind the box but i would say that i good brush is needed to get the best effects. I first saw this at my best friends house 5 years ago. I still dont understand why i only ever tried it recently.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

This vs.That | Guerlain Météorites vs. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder | JJ BeautyRoom by JJ BeautyRoom