October 20, 2014 | 1776 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by cynthia94941

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm very fair and have a lot of red in my cheeks, and I'm almost out of my original Meteorites (after several YEARS). I'm wondering whether I should use Beige Chic to replace it. I use it over a pale Clinique powder to even everything out. What do those of you who combat redness and have fair skin think?
I notice in reading the reviews that everyone is complaining about the packaging. I came upon a fantastic solution. If you put the balls in a small vase with a wider bottom and a neck just wide enough to fit the brush through, they mix well, the balls and powder don't bounce out, and they last forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

I gave this a try at the Guerlain counter and loved what it did for my face. However, I read the ingredients and wheat starch is one of the main ingredients. Being celiac, I cannot ingest anything containing wheat starch without getting extremely ill and wonder whether this could be harmful applied externally? If anyone out there can offer their insights, it would be greatly appreciated. Doing a google search on this yielded nothing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2006 1:39:00 AM More reviews by suelll

i bought this in pink fresh after the SA told me mythic was too pale for me. it's been 2 weeks and i like what i see so far, i have tried going out with a thin layer and with 2-3 layers of this all over my face and decided that i looked best with the first look. i look 'red' if i put on too much hence i m going to get myself mythic regardless. i dust this after applying my blusher and before mascara & es. my face becomes dewy, t-zone shine becomes less apparent esp now that my nose is already shiny by noon - i forgot to put it on this morning! which brings me to mention that twirling my kabuki in the canister of colored balls is a joy and smelling the soft scent while swiping the powder on my face is always quite lovely - but soon comes the painful part of trying to get the cover back on. everything's just so cardboardy and too much pushing. i seriously dont know if they'll last the daily ordeal of pulling/ pushing the cover and the useless puff. these balls if used every day should last a good 2 years imo. i keep the puff to keep the balls from getting out and making a mess all over the inside of the cover. i like the deep canister and the design and colors but i imagine a metal or plastic fliptop with a compartment for a kabuki brush would make a better container for this beauty. and at the counter dont 'test' this on the hand, it looks waaaayyyy better on the face.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2006 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Anaterma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

bought mythic tone of this based on rave reviews here....and what? i had an irritation with this powder. my face began to itch just as i applied it. after some time skin turned a little bit red. although product is nice - it makes your face glow, BUT i don't think that other highlighters gives something completely different. so it was just a waste of money for me. and frangance is awful.

packing is ok, but also not very easy to use at every day.

will definitly try to sell it to someone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2006 1:33:00 AM More reviews by livtylerjadian

I love it..totally over-hyped but i still love it..

to see the difference apply to half of your face and compare. i use this when im too stuffed to wear makeup or on a night out i apply this to set the make up im wearing. i must say that this does some amazing things on my t-zone. no break outs and my skin stays smooth and dewy.

i dont mind the box but i would say that i good brush is needed to get the best effects. I first saw this at my best friends house 5 years ago. I still dont understand why i only ever tried it recently.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2006 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Heleni

I loved the look i got from this product. My skin looked so clear and had this glow to it. I put it all over my face with a big brush, you only have to use the tinest amount though cause u can end up looking quite pale if you use alot of it. Dont like the packaging and it is quite expensive in Australia I think its $150.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2006 2:43:00 PM More reviews by absolutbuffy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have used these in Mythic, Pink Fresh, and Beige Chic and I love them all. They are a great subtle highlighter that give just a wonderful polished look. My favorite so far are the mythic, but I love them all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2006 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Tippchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a weird product. I am unsure as to whether it does anything for me or not but maybe it's the smell or the hype but I can't seem to be without it. I have a small freebie container I have that is always in my make-up bag. Does it just add a bit of shimmer to my face? Do I just feel really posh brushing it on? Or is is the violet fragrance? Regardless, it has become (albeit somewhat grudgingly) a part of my staples, which are actually fairly limited. Try at your own risk.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2006 7:10:00 PM More reviews by journeyisthejoy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

MYSTIC, the original, is my Holy Grail. THis highlighter subtlely highlights and corrects...no visible shimmer particles like the Beige shade. I worried that the pink balls might look weird on my complexion (I find a lot of highlighters are too pink toned) but thought if it didn't work out, I could pick out the pink ones :-) However, this just brightened! Swirling my kabuki brush over the balls, the different colors seem to magically cover where they are needed. Amazing, holy grail. However, putting too much of this on can sometimes make me look to pale. EDIT: Now that it is summer, this gives me a whitish cast. I'm also disliking the scent. I wonder if it was just the pretty balls that made me rave over this...I've tried aromaleigh perle and that seems better with better mineral ingredients too!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2006 12:13:00 AM More reviews by vina1234

Women are suckers for great packaging and pretty colors! Heck I'm one of 'em! Love the balls, love the colors, love the packaging even though it is made of cardboard. And what the heck? I thought the product was going to be larger than what it is. For presentation's sake, Guerlain has used a photo of this product that is about double the actual size of this full size product which is deceiving since it is hard to depict the actual size of the container just by looking at internet photos even though I have passed by this product at Neiman's about 100 times before! Ever since I was a kid! Anyway, I like it but don't love it. And what glow? Haven't seen it yet. It is very translucent. 3 lippies...coz it's too much hype.