August 2, 2014 | 911 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by quickbrownfox

This make-up remover gave me an allergy that lasted for 2 weeks and turned my life into a living hell. My eyelids and my under-eye area was swollen, terribly dry and red. Because of the dryness, there were deep lines under my eyes that I wasn't able to cover with any make-up.

I will tell you briefly what happened: I loved Clinique, I thought its products were good and not pricey comparing to lots of other good brands. When I first started using "Take the Day Off", I even recommended to a friend, I was impressed how well it took off the make-up in seconds. Then after 3 days, my eyelids were in a purple-red color, swollen beyond words and dry. There were deep lines under my eye area, I'm 21 years old so I don't have age lines normally. It took me 2 weeks to find out what was causing my allergy, because I loved Clinique and couldn't suspect it could be the cause. I thought it was something I ate, couldn't figure out what was wrong. I dropped out on my eye make-up products one by one, nothing changed! Because at the end of the day, I still needed to take my make up off with the remover whatever I was using on my eye. Finally saw a dermatologist, used anti-histamine for 2 weeks and wore no make up. Everything went back to normal. After all these, the first day I put on make up, everything is normal during the day; I went home, I took my eye make-up off, my eyes were slowly getting swollen again and red. That was when I understood Take the Day Off was causing it. Now I'm using it as a cleaner for my make-up products' cases and for my make-up drawer, I gave away all the Clinique eye creams I had to my mom. No, never again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually get this from my gwp from clinique. That's why I'm saying I wont buy again. Sure, it removes make up really well, but mac fluidline takes a while to remove. Sometimes, I still wake up with eyeliner running down my eye! still.. I think everyone needs a decent make up remover in their arsenal. Plus, I hate leaving all that gwp to waste. Some people say that this blurs their vision somewhat after use. This is the same for me too. But since I use eye drops before sleeping, it's not a big deal for me. If I dont use eye drops, I'll just run my eyes through water after I've washed my face. I'd rather have mild blurring that feeling like I burned my eye!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. Took off everything in one swipe, so much better than others (facial wipes) I have used. Just hoping there is a similar product out there for a little less $.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

I actually prefer this over the mac eye make up remover. i just wish it came with a pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I really like this makeup remover. It's effective and easy to wash off. I like cold cream, but I find cold cream hard to get off of my face. It's hard to tell how much of a value it is. it has lasted a while, but I don't wear makeup everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by sminkedokka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This does remove mascara very well and does not sting my eyes. However, it leaves my eyelids incredibly dry and scaly. I use it if I am wearing water resistant makeup, otherwise, I try to use something more gentle. My eyes are super sensitive and it is difficult to find an eye makeup remover that I can tolerate.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by gigirose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. All I do is I get a cotton pad-type thing a little wet, set it on my eyes for a few seconds, wipe away, and BAM...! All my eye makeup is gone. It even removes my waterproof eye makeup, which usually takes lots of effort to remove. Overall, I love this product, and I'll be able to buy more soon! Hope I helped. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best makeup remover I've tried. This beats Lancome's Bi-Facil or any other makeup remover. You just need to wet your cotton ball (not soaking it), let the product sit in your eyes a bit, and then swipe it across your eyes. It gets everything off quickly and effortlessly. Although it's still a bit expensive for a makeup remover, I'm still on the lookout for a drugstore brand that works the same.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First off, I am an SA/MA for Clinique and out of all the Eye Makeup removers I have tried (including Bi-Facil), this is the best. There is no smell and no stinging with this product. I simply dampen two cotton pads and hold them for approximatley 20 seconds against my eyelids and then swipe off all my eye makeup and I wear a good bit, including long wearing eyeliners. This is not inexpensive @ $18 a bottle now, but it gets the job done with minimal product. I can not tell you how many bottles of this I have gone through. Also, another thing not alot of people realize is that this is labled for LIPSTICK removal also. So, for those of you that love CG Outlast or L'Oreal Infallible or those types of lipsticks, this product will remove any residue.

This is a Bi-Phase formula that needs shaken well before using and it also has a child proof cap. And I think everyone knows it's the purple bottle at the Clinique counter. Available at all Clinique counters worldwide.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by jenjen138

This is the best makeup remover I've used by far! It took off stubborn waterproof eyeliners in just 1 swipe. AMAZING! The only slight complaint I have is it's stings a little but, I've tried using it with a q-tip and problem solved! It's a big bottle and all you need is a little and wholla your eye makeup is removed with ease. Highly recommend it.