September 24, 2014 | 1250 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Penny Lane

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by lisahunt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would never have guessed the color in the box would look so good on my face, but it does. It's quite natural appearing, blends very well, and does not seem to aggravate my very breakout-prone skin. My only complaint is endurance! After a few hours, I really can't tell I ever put it on; other than that, it's a beautiful color, if only for a few hours...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Draper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Me: n/d, 41. Pros: On me, Penny Lane is a lovely subdued caramel pink. I'm C2/NC15 in MAC, so this works well on my fair skin. Applies easily and without streaking- there's also a very slight warm iridescent look to it that helps enhance the gentle color. Very pigmented, as you might expect from NARS, but definitely on the light side- certainly the lightest blush I've tried from this line. I've applied this successfully over foundation, concealer, and just sunscreen/moisturizer. Lasting power is good as you would expect- yet removes fairly easily with cleanser. Packaging: Standard NARS compact, especially nice for a cream product as you don't need a brush/applicator. Cons: This is a subdued shade even on my fair skin- someone with a medium to dark complexion might find this doesn't show up or appears only as a highlighter due to the iridescent affect. Price: Moderate to expensive, but I rated a 4 as NARS products last well (I have a Sin blush showing almost no signs of wear after nearly daily use for a year.). Purchase again: Yes; I'll qualify this by saying that NARS is my favorite line, but Penny Lane is one of the more cost-effective (i.e. daily wearable) products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG of everyday blushes. It's super-easy to apply, blends very very easily, and looks natural. I love NARS Orgasm blush, but it requires you to carry a brush, whereas Penny Lane creme just requires a finger. This is a very natural color on me with my weird light skin with pinky undertones and truly mimics the color I get when I blush a little. It's got a little glowy glimmer, but not a true shimmer which is good for everyday if you're really fair and "need a little color in your cheeks" as my mother says.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by MsMarley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

really lovely sheer, slightly shimmery pale peachy pink. good for pale skins. i use this as an all over colour as it looks great on lips and eyes. great slim, mirrored compact. very easy to use, doesnt take off you foundation like some other cream blushes do. cant really go wrong with this, apart from it being kinda pricey, its pretty much perfect. the fact that its an all over colour and the skinny compact means this is my ultimate travel make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by texas01

I love this blush it is so pretty and natural you can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Twinings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference: I'm a weird mix of NC20 - NW25 depending, brunette with green eyes. One of my favs and def. a staple in my traincase. Penny Lane in the pan isn't particularly impressive...I was wrong. For me, it creates a light dewy very natural look, and its my go to each day. But what I really love is that its so versatile....I can use this as a base for any number of other blushes (layered lightly over the top) - my favourite combo is Penny Lane with NYX Terracotta. Texture is great...blendability is easy as pie. Will make sure I always have this in my traincase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by olfactorysensation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my second Nars blush but my first in their cream range. Penny Lane is a slightly peach-toned light pink which creates a gorgeous healthy flush.

This blush is easy to blend and the compact form (which also contains a decent sized mirror) makes it great to travel with. I like Nars' cream blush because it's very easy to blend, I often use my Mac 190. I often like to dust a sheer, shimmery product over the apples of my cheeks when I wear penny Lane, because it makes my cheeks stand out that little bit more. I highly reccomend Mac Loose Beauty Powder in Micro Pink or Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick in Pink.

This is a great product! I think this is one of the more popular Nars cream blushes and it is easy to see why-great Nars quality and a colour that would suit any makeup look. Will definately purchase again when this runs out.
Click continue for pics-

continued >>

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by eternalstarangel

This blush is absolutely gorgeous on my pale asian complexion (for reference, I wear BE fairly light/light, Philosophy's supernatural foundation in porcelain, ~NW20). It looks completely natural and is perfect for day wear. The color in the pan is a beautiful peachy pink, and is sheer and buildable on the cheeks without ever really looking harsh and unnatural. My first NARS blush and probably not my last, provided that I can find another shade that matches me. This blush does not give a real flush when I apply it...it merely gives a healthy glow. It looks great on bare cheeks or over my mineral powder foundation.
Edit: For excellent application of this product, and for those who dislike the idea of using your fingers...try using an ecotools foundation brush....the brush is just large enough that it works pretty well on the cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2008 1:56:00 PM More reviews by hollyglightly

Great natural looking peachy-mauvey cream blush. In the winter time this looks great layered under NARS Sin, on it's own it tends to make me look a bit washed out. In the summer this looks amazing on bronzed skin... or under bronzer if that's your thing. NARS blushes tend to last for-ev-er so I doubt I will have to repurchase anytime soon. Awesome for medium girls, too bad I am pale for the majority of the year :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ilminyia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This feels good going on, applies easily, looks natural, and is a great color for me for kind of a natural look. This is a good every-day going to work color. It's not the kind of color I would wear at night when I want more pop.