MAC Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

If you are light-skinned and dark-haired, you should definitely give this a try (I think it looks good on a wide variety of skintones, but is especially nice on pale skin). I have very light, yellow-toned skin and black hair and even though this is a blue based hot pink, it looks great on me. I like that I don't need a lipliner with this since it doesn't bleed at all and applies smoothly and evenly. The formula is very pigmented, slightly glossy and long-wearing. Even after the glossy part dissapears, after about 3 hours, the remaining stain (which is very close to the initial colour) stays put until I take it off with an oil based cleanser or by scrubbing with a toothbrush. I don't find the formula to be particularly moisturizing, but it isn't drying either. However, with such a bold colour you should make sure that your lips are not flaking, so exfoliating and wearing a rich balm each night is a good idea.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Well, after much contemplation I've had lately with GAT, I purchased it today. Of course we know how important fushias and bright pink will be for spring, so I really wanted to be sure to select a color I knew would be flattering and realistic for me. Last year when I tried it at my mu counter I just wasn't ready for the full fushia lip. Also, my hair was highlighted then, and now I have a darker warm brown hair color, so that makes a huge difference. I tried Something New lipstick, but that was too light and appeared more neon in comparison to Girl About Town. GAT is dark enough to make it more sophisticated, and not too blue for my NC 25 complexion. This won't be something I reach for everyday, but when I'm wearing black or grey (day or night) I'll go for this look. I'll keep my eyes clean with probably just Shroom and liner (of course mascara), for cheeks Personel Style, maybe Well Dressed. If your looking for a fushia lip I think this is a great choice, especially in the Amplified formula, as I don't think this color in a Satin would have the same effect. The key for me with being open to new lip colors is change often. Pale nudes are my favorites (Myth, Siss, Peachstock, Creme D'Nude), so I won't wear them for more than a couple of days without mixing it up.....This keeps me from being to objective, kind of how other people view us and have a preconceived notion of what they like us in. I know I went deep there, but I think it's good advice for others who get locked into habits and can't break out to embrace something as simple as a new exciting lipstick shade. What an easy way to tranform into a new look! Good thing I'm not a hair dresser lol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought it, I love it. It really is the bold and the beautiful! I'm an NC45

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm amazed on how gorgeous this colour looks on me! And it also lasts a lot! Great product!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

my favorite cool-toned fuchsia...! amplified creme is a personal favorite finish; the pigment is quite dense. if you want a fun wash of hot pink, you can dab a stain of this color on your lips(blotting as you go); for a night out-or if you just feel like it on a random Tuesday-the color can be built upon with more swipes. typical MAC quality and vanilla scent.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Another favourite!!
I wear this during the summer & the winter. Its bright enough to be a great summer colour & bright enough to really give a bright happy oomph to winter. Its very bright & very loud however if you have the complexion to pull it off, why not right. Ive been stopped & asked about this colour many times. Id like to add Mac Show Orchid to my collection too however they are always out of stock so this was the next best thing.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Gorgeous deep pink color! bold though wearable. I love it lined with MAC Magenta lipliner. Perfect for a night out, funkier than the red lips plus does not dry out. LOOOOVE

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I am an NC15-20 with yellow undertones and this is SERIOUSLY bright on me, a loud 'in your face' fuscia. It's definately noticeable, so you WILL get attention when wearing this! The amplified formula allows the lipstick to glide onto my lips smoothly without showing nasty flakes or dryness on the lips, but I find the finish a little too glossy for such a vibrant colour, it looks OTT. Lasting power is good as it leaves a fuscia stain on the lips even once the lipstick itself has faded off. I just don't think I can pull this off that well, I'm pale with full/plump lips and feel a bit clownish with this on.

Ohh my what a fab lipstick, I heard that this was one of Cheryl Coles favourite lipsticks and I had to have it ( love her makeup ). Its fuchsia pink and its very long lasting. If you love bright fun lip colours then get this its the best lipstick ever!!!!

NC20(winter)NC30(summer), black hair/brown eyes for reference:
The Perfect Hot Pink Lip! Love the Amps when it comes to bold color. Place a little bit of clear gloss in the center & you're set to turn heads. IMO, I get more attention wearing this than a bold red.

Recommended for Medium Skin