MAC Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

4.6

on 1/23/2011 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Another favourite!!
I wear this during the summer & the winter. Its bright enough to be a great summer colour & bright enough to really give a bright happy oomph to winter. Its very bright & very loud however if you have the complexion to pull it off, why not right. Ive been stopped & asked about this colour many times. Id like to add Mac Show Orchid to my collection too however they are always out of stock so this was the next best thing.

on 1/5/2011 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Gorgeous deep pink color! bold though wearable. I love it lined with MAC Magenta lipliner. Perfect for a night out, funkier than the red lips plus does not dry out. LOOOOVE

on 1/4/2011 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I am an NC15-20 with yellow undertones and this is SERIOUSLY bright on me, a loud 'in your face' fuscia. It's definately noticeable, so you WILL get attention when wearing this! The amplified formula allows the lipstick to glide onto my lips smoothly without showing nasty flakes or dryness on the lips, but I find the finish a little too glossy for such a vibrant colour, it looks OTT. Lasting power is good as it leaves a fuscia stain on the lips even once the lipstick itself has faded off. I just don't think I can pull this off that well, I'm pale with full/plump lips and feel a bit clownish with this on.

on 12/29/2010 6:00:00 PM

Ohh my what a fab lipstick, I heard that this was one of Cheryl Coles favourite lipsticks and I had to have it ( love her makeup ). Its fuchsia pink and its very long lasting. If you love bright fun lip colours then get this its the best lipstick ever!!!!

NC20(winter)NC30(summer), black hair/brown eyes for reference:
The Perfect Hot Pink Lip! Love the Amps when it comes to bold color. Place a little bit of clear gloss in the center & you're set to turn heads. IMO, I get more attention wearing this than a bold red.

on 11/28/2010 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great fuchsia! I went into MAC knowing I wanted a fuchsia lipstick and thought I'd end up with Show Orchid...but this looked much nicer on me! I love Amplified Creme lipstick formulas - it doesn't dry out my lips as badly as other lipsticks and the finish is creamy. As with any bold colour (or lipstick in general, in my opinion), try before you buy, but this is a solid lipstick in a bright, gorgeous shade that is worth the hassle of trying on in-store! A great way to brighten up the face in the winter, and fun in summer as well.

This is a bold, fun and sexy lipstick so be prepared to be noticed!

on 11/18/2010 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE THIS!! first noticed it on my MAC assistant and HAD to ask her what it was because it was such a gorgeous stand out colour.Compliments my NW30 skin lovely and looks so dramatic cos im a brunette.I love it.I always feel really sexy/rock chick style.Thanks MAC for a fab lippy :) <3

on 11/14/2010 12:15:00 AM

WOW I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK! I actually am usually really terrified of bold lips. I ALWAYS wore neutral very un-noticable lip colors. But when I finally took in my "Back 2 MAC" containers I thought, I really should try something different! I am so glad I did. This color is really beautiful and funny thing, my co-workers noticed right away and complimented me on the great color!!! I will definitely repurchase.

on 10/25/2010 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh man this l/s is so hot! I'm an NC42 and this flatters my tan skin and dark hair beautifully. This will look gorgeous on most skintones, I'm sure...I've seen pale girls wearing this and it looks so gorgeous in contrast with their skintone, and dark skinned ladies will just look so radiant with this. It's a bold fuscia - a dark raspberry pink with just a tinge of purple. I like to wear this when I'm rocking all-black clothes as it spices up the outfit...its a real head turner - women will ask what you're wearing and men will call out to you in the streets, showering you with compliments. Honestly!

Not for the shy as its very bold and in your face. I rarely wear this during the day (although it does look really nice in summer, so bright and fun), it looks sexiest at night time. The amplified formula is lovely - creamy and moisturises the lips. Lasting power is ridiculously good, it holds up through eating, drinking, talking...and when it does eventually fade, it stains the lips a light fuscia colour.

on 10/16/2010 11:35:00 PM

This wasn't as intense a pink on me as I'd hoped. I'm going to try the NARS version (Funny Face) to see if it delivers a bit more intensity.

Girl About Town is a pretty pink but I wanted more of that in your face fuschia shade. It doesn't do that on me - just looks like a slightly darker barbie pink.

If you didn't have much pink in your skintone, I think this would jump out a lot more.

Recommended for Medium Skin