April 21, 2014 | 1493 users online

Treatments - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by krochon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm on my second tube - I really like this. I apply this about 3x a week, either before going to bed, or before my regular moisturizer (I don't find it moisturizing enough on it's own). A little goes a long way, too. I find that if I use it every day, my skin gets a little oily - very strange - but every other day works perfectly for me.
I think it mostly prevents blemishes rather than treating them. Like other reviewers have said, it's not worth much as a spot treatment. I noticed a difference in the texture of my skin after using this for a week. My skin was a lot smoother, and definitely clearer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 10:16:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

I wanted to find a cheaper alternative to my $45 Dermaglow face lotion. This was recommended to me as ideal for acne prone, sensitive skin. At first I was jovial that there was a product out there designed for my skin type. I only used it for a week, but I was terribly disappointed.
PROS: (1) It did make my skin appear smoother….but that’s about it…
Cons: (1) Does not absorb, it just sits on your skin. (2) I have a bit of acne- this stuff agitated my acne and made it WORSE my acne became larger and very painful. (3) This stuff tastes terrible, definitely not ‘kiss’ friendly.
I was very upset with this product, it claims that it is for sensitive skin, I was told it would be fine for acne, however it is certainly not. I am still upset at how badly my skin reacted to this product, it is supposed to be the mildest on the market. At least I got my money back.
This gets one lippy for false advertisement.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2008 4:08:00 AM More reviews by cdn_angel

Hmmm...its not really good for spot treatment (ex. if u have a big zit u wanna get rid of, this doesnt do much:() This product is more meant for overall use over your skin...i mixed it with some moisturizer and the next morning...BIG difference....cus i usually have big clogged with sebum pores><...one lippie off

but ya...this is good for ppl with *constantly* clogged pores:)

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by vitaminas

Despite of other reviews, I really like the smell, it's kinda fresh. It does what is says, so i will definitely repurchase.
LATER EDIT: this moisturizer is amazing! my skin looks fabulous only after 5 days of using it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sd87

I've only been using this for about 2 wks but I'll give it a review anyway. I have some pigmentation and scars left from acne that I wanted to get rid of and decided to give this a go. I used a small amount on my cheeks (affected area) at night and for the first couple of days i really saw my skin improving. The scars faded and it brightened my skin.However, a week later I started developing tiny little bumps on my cheeks which I now think was the 'purging'. Anyway, with continued use the tiny bumps went away and my skin is improving, and I don't feel the burning sensation anymore..does that mean its not working as well? or just that my skin has gotten use to it?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

This is a very good product. It is very good for the oily skins and it does not dry out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Tiger_sist

Cleanance K is the first AHA treatment i ever tried and i got amazing result from using it consistently. My complexion has improved big time, my scars are fading and best of all I dont get clogged pores from using it as its gel based. I dont think it helps to combat the exisiting pimples (low percentage BHA) but it surely doesnt make them worse. The treatment gave that tingling feeling for the first few times ,, and then it doesnt tingle anymore as my skin got used to it. So its best to use it every 2 or 3 days to keep getting that tingling feel cos that means the AHA is doing its job!

One downside, it can be quite irritating because it doesnt contain any calming/anti-irriitant ingredients. I use it at night only because my skin became very sensitive to sunlight. Once I wore SPF 30 sunscreen to play golf in late afternoon I still got burnt very badly which is a result from using Cleanance K everynight for over a month (i never apply it during the day time). So it's wise to bear in mind that SPF 30 may not be enough to protect your skin from outdoor sport when you are using AHA. Or, just avoid the sun altogther if you can afford to.

I think i might not buy it again because I like Paula's Choice AHA gel better (which is harder to get). But I recommened this product to many people because Avene is readily available in Boots in where I live.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 3:07:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It really does your skin a lot of good when you have seriously clogged pores all over your face.

I only use it at night, and I don't use it everyday, as it is a bit irritating for my very thin skin (visible veins), but I can still feel and see the results. DO NOT use it on any area that's already affected, it hurts so much that I always have tears in my eyes, and I would be jumping all over my room, thinking "Why am I doing this to myself?" It helps to recover much better though, if you can stand the pain.

I got it for free when I bought two bottles of the green foaming cleanser at the same time, but I still think the price is reasonable, I am only using it as a treatment, so I will stop buying or using it once my skin gets back to normal.

Oh, and I am really not fond of the smell.

EDIT: This thing is so good that I decide to keep buying and using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by missyidiot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally use prescription Retin-A for my skin, but when I went to a beach vacation I decided to use something softer to prevent sun damage but keep myself from getting breakouts. I only used this during the evenings, and used my regular SPF during the day. The feel of this cream was odd, too silicony, and had an odd but tolerable smell. My skin felt slippery. I was afraid that it would be comedogenic, but I decided to give a try.

The first days were OK, but after a week, my pores started looking really large. My skin started to look rugged. I kept using it since I didn't want to risk with Retin-A under the August sun. A week later, I started getting some pustulas and largest blackheads I have head for a while.

I don't think I was "purging" since my skin was already clear from continuous retin-A. I also didn't change anything else in my regimen, except for extra sun exposure. Overall this was a big disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I think this probably fine for someone who doesn't have very sensitive skin. This isn't a moisturiser! It's very intense and it felt like it was burning my skin. I've used the Cleanance Emulsion and it is far gentler and a moisturiser. If you're sensitive give this a miss and go for the 'no K' version instead