September 22, 2014 | 1835 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

I was getting the "winter blues" and noticing my skin looking lackluster and tired. I decided I needed a highlighter or something to brighten my face, especially around the eyes and this turned out to be just what I needed! Now, this cream is definitely on the heavy side but so far it's working fabulously for the wintertime on my dry, dull skin. I've been using it over two months now with no noticeable breakouts. It can tend to be slightly greasy if you use too much, so I make sure I apply this with a really light hand. Since I don't use any foundation or powder, only a mattifier by Clinique, this shows up really well and makes me look dewy, fresh and soft. I also like how it's a shimmery highlighter, not a glittery one which I just cannot do anymore now that I'm in my 30's. LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Heaven2qt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have too much to say about this product other than I never really noticed anything special about it. The cream is a little hard to squeeze out of the bottle and I noticed a little really does go a long way. From what I have noticed, when I put too much on, it leaves my face feeling kind of greasy and it feels like it doesn't all get soaked up by my skin. I only have ever used it on my face as moisturizer before foundation. And that's my complaint about it. I can only see the pearly glow when I first put it on but it gets all covered up and disappears once foundation and powder are applied. I am aware that you can wear it alone without makeup or over your make up as a highlighter but I just don't feel inclined to use it that way-I like my foundation and powder and would rather use MAC MSFs as highlighters. I don't HATE it, but I just don't see anything special whatsoever! I don't even notice if it really does anything beneficial for my skin or not, my skin is pretty normal so I don't notice improvements very easily. SO overall, I won't buy it again. It was an expensive moisturizer in my eyes, and that's all!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by beckyrocket

So I have been trying to get over acne scars and wanted something to brighten up my face and pull away from the old marks.
My MAC-loving friend highly recommended this to me and she ALWAYS has gorgeous dewy skin, so I rushed and got it.
Used it as a highlighter and didn't really do anything for me.
I put it under my BE foundation and on top.....there was a subtle luster and then it just melted away.

I'm really glad I didn't use it on my entire face because I am SUPER acne prone and read all the reviews on breakouts people had.
I also read the ingredients and one of them is CHOLESTEROL...if that stuff clogs your arteries, imagine what it does to your pores. This baby is going back!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by nicotina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my great love. It gives me a lovely dewy skin, I use it under my foundation or just on its own with a touch of illuminating powder or bronzer and a blush and my skin looks amazing. I'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product! I have been using this for years. I used this back when I was oily and extremely acne prone and now I'm combo and my skin stays pretty clear and it works for me. One of the only cream products that doesn't break me out! This is not only moisturizing, it sinks in, hydrates and doesn't sit on top of skin. It has minerals, antioxidants, green tea, & botanical ingredients to help the skin naturally. It improves your skin when you wear it. Besides being a fantastic moisturizer it is the ultimate glow cream. If you want a jennifer lopez type glow this it the product for you. It has iridescent illuminate-rs in it that make your skin look healthy, perked up, & radiant. If you like the look of liquid makeup highlighters, you will like this moisturizer. You can wear it under foundation or on top. Use it on your collar bone, your arms, legs, mix it with foundation. Dab it on your cheekbones only, etc. The uses for this product are endless. It does not feel greasy, and makeup wears well on top of it. This product is uni-sex and for all ages who want a beautiful glow. I have not tried the strobe liquid to compare but I love the cream. This is a must if you have dull skin & need a pick me up. Its nurturing to your skin & gives the most amazing glow. A must have! *This is NOT an obvious glittery disco ball cream, its subtle and uses micro fine luminous particles. I still use the strobe cream in the older packaging (solid white tube) so I am not sure if they have reformulated this in their newer white tube with black lid. Will update this once I contact mac and ask. Def worth getting a sample of at a MAC counter if you are not sure you want to spend the $30 on it. A little of this goes a long way. Loveeeee it!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by theodoradb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!!! I love using it under my foundation and I bought it mainly for the glow effect but what I was pleasanltly surprised to find out was how much I like this as a moisturiser!! My skin feels so soft when I use this!! It's a great moisturiser imo! I will repurchase despite the price. I wish it were cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie159

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont exactly know where to put this product haha so after moisturising, i dab a little on my cheekbones, around to beneath my browbone and above my eyebrows then down my nose and chin. I dont notice a huge difference, though the light does refleft it more and makes me look more glowy. is this a primer/highlighter/moisturiser? i have no idea, it is glittery and very subtle, i dont know what this does but my foundation looks a lot more flawless when putting this underneath. The bottle is hard to squeeze and a little annoying, and I use it more on special occasions rather than on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Soutty

This is brilliant stuff, it gives a great glow without looking sparkly. Ideal for those over 35 who want a youthful glow but don't want to look glittery. It looks very natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I really love this! I usually use Clinique Dramatically Different moisturising gel, but when i need a little more moisture I use this. I do use it all over my face and then foundation over the top. It doesn't look really shimmery it just gives my skin a nice glow about it, which I love.

UPDATE: Broke out from this because of fragrance....damn my sensitive skin! So now no fragrances :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by wonderhj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What is the strobe cream really supposed to be???

Some SAs tell me that this is a moisturizer. Others say "no this is not a moisturizer, it is a primer". While some others tell me that this is to be used as a highlighter :-P

I used to mix this with my foundation when I wanted a glowy look. Now that I have all these other highlighters, I find myself reaching for it less. I have dry skin so I would not use this alone as a moisturizer as this doesn't really moisturize.