July 29, 2014 | 2016 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie159

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont exactly know where to put this product haha so after moisturising, i dab a little on my cheekbones, around to beneath my browbone and above my eyebrows then down my nose and chin. I dont notice a huge difference, though the light does refleft it more and makes me look more glowy. is this a primer/highlighter/moisturiser? i have no idea, it is glittery and very subtle, i dont know what this does but my foundation looks a lot more flawless when putting this underneath. The bottle is hard to squeeze and a little annoying, and I use it more on special occasions rather than on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Soutty

This is brilliant stuff, it gives a great glow without looking sparkly. Ideal for those over 35 who want a youthful glow but don't want to look glittery. It looks very natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I really love this! I usually use Clinique Dramatically Different moisturising gel, but when i need a little more moisture I use this. I do use it all over my face and then foundation over the top. It doesn't look really shimmery it just gives my skin a nice glow about it, which I love.

UPDATE: Broke out from this because of fragrance....damn my sensitive skin! So now no fragrances :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by wonderhj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What is the strobe cream really supposed to be???

Some SAs tell me that this is a moisturizer. Others say "no this is not a moisturizer, it is a primer". While some others tell me that this is to be used as a highlighter :-P

I used to mix this with my foundation when I wanted a glowy look. Now that I have all these other highlighters, I find myself reaching for it less. I have dry skin so I would not use this alone as a moisturizer as this doesn't really moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I love Strobe Cream. A tube of this will last forever since you only need a bit - and too much can ruin the effect! I put some on my cupid's bow, down my nose, and high on my cheekbones for a subtle, shimmery highlight. It gives that inner glow look, and smells fantastic. It also never rubs/melts off, at least on me. It's the perfect accent to any look. I apply it with a travel-sized foundation brush, and blend with my fingers if necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by cheekymare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Strobe cream. I use only the teeniest amount and put a dot just above my lips above the cupid's bow, a blended line down the front of my nose, then I draw a line with my finger from my temple, then out and around the top of my cheekbone on either side. Takes years off you and makes you look fresh as a daisy.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by musas

I didn't understand what this cream is supposed to do?? give me luminous skin under my foundation? no it didn't. did it moisturize? i didnt notice that either.
I am still confused. to me its useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do not use this as a moitsturiser. I do not put it all over my face in addition to my moisturiser.

What I do is I squeeze a small blob of the Strobe Cream on the back of my hand and then squeeze some of my MAC Studio Moisture Tint SPF15 or my foundation and then squeeze one more small blob of the Strobe Cream and then mix it with my brush.

It gives my face such an amazing glow. I do have oily skin but so far so good (it's Spring at the moment). I hope it still gives a glowy effect in Summer (I hope it doesn't look oily).

EDIT: It is now Summer so I only mix one small blob of this with my tinted moisturiser or foundation. Still gives my face a glowy effect and not oily like I feared =]

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by aadonm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a saviour when you have the blahs. We had a really terrible cold winter in Australia this year and I had been really sick. I read reviews on this. I must say I love love this. I mix a tiny bit in with my moisturiser, then a tiny bit with my foundation and finally a tiny bit on my cheeks after my blush. I feel so much more confident with this on. I know this sounds silly! Love great for winter and when you feel old and need some lifting/brightness. Fantastic ingrediants. Will always have this in my stash!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's gorgeous from the inside out, the packaging is incredible but the product is so good too, i don't know why people are hating on this moisturizer/highlighter. it's wonderful for summer/spring days where u dont want to put on ur heavy moisturizer. it goes on like silk, feels like u have nothing on. i love it. use it under any foundation, improves ur skin texture and feel too. Awesome!!!