September 20, 2014 | 1601 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by CImbr916

I love this stuff. It makes my lashes look ten times longer which is good considering I've burnt most of mine off on windy days with a lighter. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by LKirsten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For eye lashes, nothing beats Shiseido. But for the price, Clinique isn't bad. The texture is a little thin, and Smashbox is my #2 choice after Shiseido. I actually use the Clinique on my invisible thin brows to give the brow powder something to cling to. Works like a dream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 2:50:00 AM More reviews by ashmiaka

i couldn't decide how i felt about this primer for the longest time - until i had a scarring experience which pushed this straight into the negative island. while trying to *gently* pinch off the over-extended tip on a lash after using this primer, an entire clump of lashes came right out from the base. i screeched, cursed, and immediately started using ardell. luckily, the lashes grew back in a few weeks... but the fear of this primer hasn't gone away. i still use this primer (because i hate to waste)... VERY CAREFULLY. it lengthens ok and adds a little volume, making less than average mascaras look slightly better. unfortunately, it flattens a curl... unevely i might add. and i don't dare re-curl after applying mascara. i haven't had any more lash displacements, thank goodness. i won't be buying this again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by 05lawjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this primer as a gift and used it when my MAC primer was gone. To my shock, it works as well as MAC's lash primer. It goes on smoothly and makes my mascara last longer without causing much smudge. I would say the Clinique's Primer works as well as MAC's. The only thing I don't like is "too little". A quick tip. The brush is very thin, you can scoop out other primer leftovers. Another plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2007 3:24:00 PM More reviews by saaral

This works well for me. Maybe not when I'm going for a very natural look, but then again I like to emphasize my lashes. The brush looks quite bulky at first, but it hasn't been a big problem for me. I do find that I need to separate my lashes after using this, but I don't mind doing that (since I like the results).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 7:48:00 PM More reviews by sixxmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. I have tiny teeny itty bitty lashes and this makes them seem almost like normal lashes. It takes a bit of work to get it off (like a waterproof mascara) but it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by ldinfante

this product is the worst ever!! it made my lashes so brittle and when i curled them some of them came out!!!!! now i have a huge gap, which i cried over. i returned this crap to sephora and also called the 800 number to complain!! the worst mistake i could of ever made to my once nice lashes!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2007 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Callah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Don't know what it is but this for me, this product was just horrible. It clumped my lashes together and the brush delivered way to much primer. I've tried several primers before, but never encountered a primer this bad. The brush is not good at all. It's way to big, and do not distribute the product even. And you can't work with it and separate the lashes for a great result, because you get way to much product on with the first stroke, even though I wiped off the wand it still held to much product. This one went right into the trash. Will definitively not buy this one again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 4:08:00 PM More reviews by WhattaBetty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to be a Clinique consultant (The Expert, as we are called in company literature), and at first, I honestly thought this product was a ploy to get people to spend more money. After all, if our mascaras were as good as we were promoting them to be, why would anyone need a primer? I was quickly converted when I received my Gratis (the hundres of dollars worth of free swag you get twice a year for being an employee of the Estee Lauder Companies...awesome perk) and I ordered the primer. I figured I had nothing to lose because it was free. I must say, it made my lashes feel fuller and over time, more healthy. I think mascaras in general are drying and can cause lash fallout. Having this "conditioner" between your mascara and your lashes seals them from the drying chemicals and pigments in mascaras. Use this with Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara or Maybeline Full and Soft mascara for daytime casual lashes that are beyond sooooooft and pliable, not stiff and brittle. With Clinique's High Impact, the primer gives this mascara even more of an impact. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by igbird