April 17, 2014 | 920 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by cdm89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Lately I've been struggling with finding an affordable drug store foundation for my skin. I'm extremely fair (usually the lightest or second lightest color) and I have blemishes and some scarring. The color match was perfect, and I love that you can find your undertone easily.

The first time I used this everything was perfect! I still had to use a concealer for my blemishes (obviously, it's not a full coverage foundation) and it didn't break me out or make me oily. But the second time I used it, it oxidized on me. Not much, so I figured I could still work with it. Every time after that it has oxidized so bad that my face is orange and my neck is white (and I didn't notice until it was pointed out to me by my students. Gotta love elementary kids who say everything on their mind)...huge disappointment. :(

Pros:
-Blended easily (with fingers, sponge or a brush...I tried all three and preferred fingers).
-Perfect color match (at first)
-Cool, Neutral & Warm selections
-Wide Range

Cons:
-Oxidized
-Packaging (I wish it had a pump or something!)
-Very runny formula so it was easy to get way too much
-A little pricey for drugstore (I think I got mine for $11)

Overall I wouldn't buy it again. It's not fun when your students tell you that your makeup looks scary!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by LSolis22

I have been trying a bunch of drugstore foundations in the past 6 months and this one has by far been the best. At first, I was a bit unsure about it but it has grown on me a lot. It makes my face look completely smooth and flawless. Granted my skin is not too bad, but even when I have a few red spots/scars it covers them well. I love that its not too shiny or "dewy" so I dont even have to use a mattifying powder over it. I tend to go for higher end foundations when I go out at night but this is great for everyday wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by ethiopianbeautyguru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation IS NOT BAD!

My foundation is usually Clinique Anti-Blemish Foundation in 09. But now it is becoming winter and my skin is becoming paler I needed a lighter foundation and since I was short on cash I thought this would be a good opportunity to try a "drugstore" foundation for the first time. (When I first started wearing foundation 3 years ago I was a spotty teenager and believed that if I paid more for a good quality foundation my acne would clear up- THIS DID NOT HAPPEN- but ever since then I have repurchased Clinique's foundation about 4 times)

Key points from my oily T-zone, dry patches, combination, very red around the nose, pimple and acne-prone skin:

-Very light coverage (can be built up to a medium coverage without looking cakey = due to being so light) the consistency and how it applies is more like a tinted moisturiser than a thick foundation

-if you have an oily t-zone like me then you NEED to seal this foundation with powder! .... and several times a day! I purchased this foundation from Boots while the '2 for 1 on all cosmetics' offer was on, and the second product I purchased with the offer was the Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder = and this combination works perfectly and provides me with a very soft finish that looks super natural, not too dewy and not too dry.

-a really wide choice of colours for Warms, Neutrals and Cool skin tones, this is the only reason I purchased this product in the first place, because when I was in Boots (with a completely bare face) I tested a few different foundations including Revlon Photoready, Revlon Colorstay and Maybelline Stay 24hrs, and out of all the colours I tested on my face True Match was the most similar match to my skin. (I am W3, I am mixed race white and black African so my skin is in between tanned and medium brown but more on the lighter scale, I also have red blemishes on the area of my cheeks next to both sides of my nose therefore I chose Warm to combat this, Cool would have been too yellow)

-did NOT cause breakouts, I have very acne-prone skin and before purchasing the foundation I came on Makeupalley to read really negative reviews about true match causing them to break out. Now I have very acne-prone skin, in fact I am taking Dianette and using Differin Gel to combat my acne and its scars, but this foundation DID NOT cause me to breakout.
I once watched gossmakeupartist (youtuber) do a tutorial and he said, "once its (makeup) on your face who cares where its from" and ever since he said this I so stand by this! I think with makeup, you can wear anything during the day, but it is how well you cleanse the skin at night that determines whether you breakout or not. Ever since I have started oil cleansing about 2 weeks ago I have been able to try almost any product because I know that when i go to sleep i've not got a spec of makeup on!

ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS FOUNDATION IS SEAL SEAL SEAL! (with powder of course) and it should be fine.

Although I said that I wouldn't buy this product again, this is simply because I would rather spend £9.99 on testing out another well-reviewed foundation like the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation or Revlon Colorstay.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Annalouise91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went out and bought this after hearing such great reviews about it for girls with oily skin. I really liked the coverage when first applied although it didn't hold on my skin. I had to powder a couple of times during the day & by the end of the day my face felt yuk! I will use the rest of the bottle but won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by joselineochoa

holy grail better than all my mac foundations i've tried recommend

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For a drugstore foundation that seems to be so popular, I was surprised at the higher price, the so-so quality, and the odd leap between the W2 and W3 shades.

After failures with all of Revlon's Colourstay foundations, I tried L'Oreal's True Match liquid foundation. I was pleased that they offered yellow-toned shades since, as many of us know, lighter shades in most lines are usually pink-toned. I thought W2 would be a match for me, but it was not - it made me look washed-out. So I bought W3, which was far too dark, and ended up mixing the two shade in a 50:50 ratio to get the right colour. It seems to me at least there's a shade missing in between W2 and W3, and this also goes for the corresponding shades in the matching pressed powders.

I wasted $17 *per bottle* at Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada. And though it often goes on sale, I do think this is a pretty steep price for a small bottle without a pump that doesn't really do much more than many cheaper drugstore brands.

True Match is *loaded* with silicone, so I was a little doubtful about how good this foundation would look on my skin. I'm not sensitive to silicone, but for some reason silicone-based foundations look terrible on my combination-dry skin. They emphasize pores and highlight even slightly dry areas, and they also create a very mask-like look. They also feel way too heavy, even if they offer only light-to-medium coverage. And that's exactly what True Match did, so I wasn't terribly surprised. Applied with a brush, it looked better than it did just using my fingers. But overall, it didn't adjust to my skintone and certainly did not create a smooth look. Despite the claim that it's "super blendable", I also didn't find that it blended too well. It seemed a bit tacky after being exposed to the air and became harder to blend as I was applying it. It's not buildable coverage either. It'll just look cakey if more than one layer is applied. I will give it the credit of having decent enough coverage to hide minor flaws and minor redness. I didn't have to wear concealer with this foundation.

Oddly, after a few times of wearing it, the foundation also caused my skin to break out into tiny red welts that looked like hives. They weren't hives and looked more like minor rosacea papules, and they took at least week to go away after I stopped wearing the foundation. Since I don't have a problem with products causing breakouts and I don't normally have adverse reactions to new products, I thought it was strange that this foundation cause such a quick and significant reaction in my skin.

Overall, this product just isn't for me. I don't think it's necessarily suited to all skin-types, and it's certainly not a "true match" for every skintone. It's not hydrating, so if you need something more hydrating look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very good drugstore foundation for me. I have been using bare minerals this summer, but I wanted to switch to a liquid for the colder weather since I have dry skin. I apply the Bare Minerals Prime Time primer before this product, and set it with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, and set my entire face with Urban Decay's All-Nighter setting spray. (I do this every day, my makeup has to last 11+ hours at and sometimes after work).

I apply this in dots on my face and buff it into my skin with a flat top kabuki brush from Sonia Kashuk.

Pros:
- Blendable
- Non-drying, it actually feels nice when I buff it into my skin
- Comes in 33 colors! I use N2 right now, but I might pick up N3 and blend the two together since I have a coupon sitting around.
- Finish feels like a powder, not sticky like some other liquid foundations
- Medium-full coverage (This may be more because of my application method).

Cons:
- The Packaging!!!! I really wish this came in a pump bottle. I would be willing to pay an extra few dollars for this. It all gets in the cap and is messy to apply sometimes.

I find that it does last all day. But again, I use a primer, set with powder, and use a setting spray. Plus, I don't have oily skin. I am able to layer on my blushes, bronzers, highlighters, and concealers on top with ease. Overall a very good foundation, especially for the price. (about $10)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by ellieburgess

I purchased this foundation after hearing great reviews about it but found it was not suited to my skin! It is very runny and literally drips out the bottle. You have to apply multiple applications to achieve a nice even coverage. Although the colour matches my skin tone perfectly, I find that within a couple of hours my makeup is left looking patchy as it has worn off in places. DEFINITELY NOT SUITABLE FOR OILY SKIN, such as mine.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation yesterday at Ulta after holding a plastic "tester" with round cut-outs against my skin. According to that, Creamy Natural in Cool should have been the perfect color! It most definitely was not. It looked a sickly orange/brown on my fair skin. I'll give it away if I can.

I liked the texture and the price was o.k. But I'll continue using my current favorites until they run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Passionforbellydance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great foundation, very blendable. I have super dry skin and this works for me over a good moisturizer. Don't need a primer although it looks great when using that too. Apply with fingers or soft Beauty blender Sponge. I'm pale with freckles and redblonde hair and use W1. Didn't know my skin tone could be warm when I was so pale but I heard the best way to determine undertone is asking yourself "do I look the best in gold or silver jewelry?". Definitely gold for me (therefor I am warm).