Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide

on 11/26/2011 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been using this stuff since I was like, 12... so for the last 14 years or so. There's a reason it's a classic- it works. It smells great, like menthol/eucalyptus, and it feels tingly and refreshing. I love the tub, it makes it easy to scoop out the right amount of product. I once tried the pump version, and it sucked, it was watery and just didn't feel or work the same as the original Noxzema in the blue tub. It is moisturizing and doesn't dry my face out or make it feel tight and itchy like some face washes, it also doesn't break me out or leave a film on my face. I will probably continue to use this stuff for the rest of my life. I sometimes use other products, but I always come back to plain old original Noxzema.

on 11/17/2011 2:28:00 PM

Noxzema my friend, how have a forsaken thee for so long? It's been years and years upon years since I have used Noxzema and decided on a whim when ran out of my St Ives to give it a go again. I really had forgotten how great this cleanser is, it's refreshing with that nostalgic Noxzema scent that we all know ( I myself love the scent very much) It takes off every trace of makep, including mascara leaving my skin squeaky clean but not feeling stripped of moisture and doesn't seem to break me out. The only reason I gave it a 4 lippie instead of 5 is for the tub packaging, not really crazy about it but I can deal. Will most definately buy again..

on 11/9/2011 12:39:00 AM

I love using this product for my SUN BURN~ yay! (not) But really, Noxzema for whatever reason is able to make my sunburns turn to tans overnight! (And I like burn always, no matter how much sunscreen I use.) And the 'minty'-ness of the product is very soothing to burnt skin.

Also, I started using this as a face wash again, out of desperation really, because most all other acne face washes are too harsh on my skin and would either turn me super red and painful, or make me break out more. (I really do not like clinique's acne solutions. Yucky.) This is so nice and soothing. :) yay~

on 10/27/2011 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The girls at sephora tell me otherwise...but I swear that nothing cleans makeup off like noxzema. I am acne prone and fighting aging at all costs. Noxzema does not cause break outs and makes my skin soft. I use it every night.

on 10/23/2011 1:28:00 PM

As odd as it sounds, my love affair with Noxzema began as a child, when I found one of the old colbalt blue glass jars that they used to package this in back in the 60s buried in my backyard. I still have that glass jar on my desk as I type, as a paper clip holder... But onto the practical part of this review.
My grandmother used this and she always had great skin. I used to love this stuff, and always came back to it. Both the original formula, and the one with the added moisturizers worked very well for me as a teenager, and young adult in college. My mother bought me a new tub of it at Walmart recently, and I noticed that the feel of it in my hands was different. More of a mousse consistency, is the best way I can describe it. I dug my old container out of the trash, and compared the labels. Loh, and behold, they changed the formula! They added phenol, which is an eye irritant, and moved the gelatin up on the ingredients list, which is odd, considering the texture. It left a gritty film on my face. They should not be marketing this under the "original" label, as the formula has changed. That is very deceitful. I will not repurchase.

on 10/3/2011 6:05:00 PM

It works well but be careful.
Two ingredients, Ammonium Hydroxide and Propylene Glycol, are carcinogens. However, given how long this product has been on the market (since 1914), if it could be directly linked to cancer I highly doubt it would still be available. I wouldn't blame anyone for not using it for that reason, but it is FDA approved and, as far as I know, safe if used correctly.
That said, for me this worked exactly as advertised. I apply it to my face while dry, leave it on for a minute or two, and wash off with a warm washcloth. It cleared the blackheads on my nose as well as anything else I've ever used (Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask, ProActive, scrubs, peels, oil cleansing method, etc.). That said, be sure to use it in moderation. If I use it more than once a day, my skin will become very red and irritated. Use it at most once per day, reduce to every other day if you experience any irritation or redness.
I can't give this a 4 or 5 due to the harmful chemicals but it does work if you're careful with how you use it. It is certainly an aggressive treatment.

on 10/2/2011 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My HG cleanser, never breaks me out, it's something I can always count on.

on 9/30/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutley love this product! It helps keep my oily skin under control and I often use it on my nose to help with blackheads.
I've heard people say that because it tingles or leaves their skin dry they've stopped but what its doing it getting rid of dead skin cells and cells that are infected and penetrating into the layers of skin cells so when the fresh layer comes through, your skin will stay clear.
I use it before I shower as I find it is hard to get all of it off to my satisfaction. Or maybe I'm just paranoid that theres something on my face even when theres not.
I did get the newer revamped jar and I love the cobalt blue and silver lid. Its was 6-7$ Canadian so pretty inexpensive considering how much product you get.
However I do travel for cheer and school trips and I will be very soon purchasing the miniature travel-sized one for like $2 at my local drugstore.

I really encourage you give it a try and even just try the drugstore one as they will usually let you return it if it breaks you out (I know Wal-mart does for sure),

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG face wash! I try other products from time to time just to see what is out there and I always come back to Noxzema. It doesn't cause me to breakout (and I am VERY acne prone) and it leaves my skin actually feeling clean and smooth! I tried using a Neutrogena naturals face wash and that one caused me to have a constant oil slick on my face (almost as soon as I rinsed my face) which, as a result, caused me to have AWFUL acne! I read other reviews of the Neutrogena naturals and found other women had the same problem. After just over a week of using this particular Noxzema, my face has cleared up about 98% and I never walk away feeling oily or greasy (even after several hours). BUY BUY BUY!!!!

on 9/16/2011 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

i use this product all the time... it has always been a great buy... it cleanses well and it makes my skin feel great i am 34 yrs old and ive been using it since i was 14 i love it... i will always recommend this product...