Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 2/11/2014 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this product for a few years now. On-and-off, unfortunately, but enough to give my opinion on it. This is one of, or maybe the only product that I use to cleanse my face that is amazing enough for my sensitive skin, but powerful enough to completely and utterly rid my face of all the last traces of makeup and dirt.

Usually, with any other product, it either took off makeup and dirt, but it was way too harsh, or it barely took off any makeup or dirt and felt as if my face was still dirty (maybe needed some harshness in the cleanser). But besides that, it's a great product. It's doesn't dry out your skin. I feel as if it adds moisture to my skin. Philosophy is just a great company all-together.

Purity is such a perfect name for it. I adore it. I will always purchase this. And if I ever find anything better, that is when I will be completely surprised.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After all of the great reviews, I really wanted to love this cleanser. I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin and was on the lookout for a cleanser that wouldn't be too harsh on my skin. This cleanser was harsh on my skin in the sense that it left my face feeling completely stripped of everything to the point that it felt like a mask. After using this product, my face felt like it would shatter into pieces, like a dry, cracked desert landscape. Of course, because this dried my face out so much, it kicked my oil glands into overdrive, even though I used a moisturizer. So I went from having eggshell skin right after washing to an oil slick a couple of hours later. This product was very harsh on my skin, and I would not recommend it.

on 1/28/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have already gone through a large bottle of this and I am working on my second one. This cleanser does a fantastic job at removing all my makeup, especially my eye makeup. I swear it does a better job than regular makeup removers. I wear eyeliner and a good amount of mascara and with just a few rubs, it's all gone. It also has a good consistency. I've tried others that are drying, but this one does not so it doesn't feel like I'm damaging my lashes. I use this in addition to other scrubs and cleansers so I'm not sure how effective it is in clearing acne etc, but overall it does a great job at cleaning the dirt and makeup and I would highly recommend it!

Sephora has featured this in November for the past couple years as part of their Black Friday deals, where they sell a 8oz bottle for 12$. (Just a heads up to everyone).
This is a GREAT cleanser. I used to have cystic acne, and I'm at the point where my under the skin pimples are gone, but I still have some breakouts on the outside (which is MUCH more preferable). This is a great cleanser, very gentle but also makes my skin soft somehow. I will rebuy.

on 1/27/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought a sample of this from Sephora and I have to say that it works fairly well. I wouldn't say its the best cleanser ever, in fact I think its pretty comparable to my usual cleanser Neutrogrena Naturals. It gently removes makeup and doesn't leave your skin feeling tight/stiff. I would purchase this cleanser again IF it was much cheaper. I just cannot justify the price. So I have been sticking with my Neutrongena Naturals that is only $10 instead of the $40 price tag of this cleanser. Don't waste your money!

on 1/25/2014 3:18:00 PM

I wanted to love this product because everyone was raving about it however I was thoroughly disappointed. I used it for almost six months and saw my skin get progressively worse. I paired it up with my clarisonic mia at night but started to develop small bumps in my eyebrow region that eventually became full-fledged acne. Still, I prevailed and experimented with other toners and moisturizers.. The results were frightening.

I agree this cleanser is simplistic and natural which is why it is appealing however I also don't generally wear makeup and was looking for a more high end product. It's very mild and the scent was not overpowering. I'll give it points for that.

on 1/25/2014 4:13:00 AM

This cleanser makes my face feel and look amazing! I seriously look younger after using this. The only thing I wish this cleanser was better at, is getting off all my makeup. I definitely have to use makeup remover with it. It's so worth it though, I love this stuff!

on 1/23/2014 3:23:00 PM

Let me say I was a skeptic of high end facial cleansers. I was at ease with my Cere Ve foaming face wash. I was hesitant to buy this in the full size so I got the $10.00 bottle at Ulta. It seriously cleanses your face like none other. This cleanser left my skin smoothe like a baby's butt...like flakes I have had for years that appear in the winter on my face were gone in 2 days. The smell is pleasantly earthy and is addictive. It removes eye makeup and face makeup like a champ. I will be buying the larger size next time I go to Ulta. Great product and a little goes a long way.

on 1/21/2014 12:00:00 PM

This is my favorite cleanser EVER. I love how clean my skin feels. I went through a lot of cleansers trying to find the one. And this is it. Simple, clean and doesn't irratate the eyes.

on 1/19/2014 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

great cleanser, pricey but does a great job for oily skin