La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

4.1

Ingredients: Foundation:Concealer: Petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, isostearyl behenate, silica, microcristalline wax, dimethicone, nylon-12, ozokerite, glyceryl dibehenate, polymethyl methacrylate, mica, caviar extract, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, algae extract, lactobacillus ferment, licorice root extract, lavender extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, chamomile flower extract, hydrolized malt extract, hydrolyzed wheat protein, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl palmitate, soybean oil, butylene glycol, glycerin, tribehenin, triethanolamine, water, glycine, arginine, glyceryl behenate, lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, isopropyl myristate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, methionine, polyglucuronic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides. *La Prairie's exclusive Cellular Complex

I really don't understand all the hype over this foundation. I ordered a sample of this from La Prairie last week and I am so very glad I didnt drop the cash on this one. First of all, the finish isnt all that great--I mean, it's a nice finish and all, but there are other foundations just as good--and better that are just a fraction of the price (chanel vitalumiere for one). The worst part about Caviar is that it caused me to break out just hours after applying it--and my skin isnt that sensitive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm a big La Prairie fan, so I also went for their cosmetics with this foundation. Although it glides on perfectly, it is NOT suitable for oily skin such as mine. I have found that more 'water based' foundations such as Shu Uemura works better for my complexion. In general, anything from La Prairie with Skin Caviar should be thought about twice before making the purchase if you have oily skin.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i used this in creame peache and i'm so loving it! my skin is so even and smooth and natural looking. my mum couldnt help but exclaim the wonders it did to my face. even a friend commented my skin looks so good. little did she know its the foundation thats helping. i also love the after effects of removing this foundation. it may be the caviar content but my skin looks so clear n porcelain smooth. love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have used up two large samples of this in "creme pale", which I believe is the lightest shade. I have never before, in any foundation, found a color that matches so perfectly as this. I am am NC15. The coverage and finish of this is impeccable, just gorgeous. It melds into skin and looks fantastic as the day wears on too. However, this breaks me out, and I see that others on here too have broken out from this. I feel that the price is fairly insulting, but this product does deliver, if it doesn't break you out. I guess it all depends on what one is willing to fork out for makeup.

This is the mother of all foundations. It comes with a concealer and the results are stunning. It will cover amazingly well and make you look flawless. an HG

This foundation is really wonderful. I was waiting (and waisting time) before I decided to purchase. I am so glad I did. Although I am blessed with rather good skin, it looks much better. My skin glows and has a dewy finish. The foundation is very comforting for skin, it's so much softer after it. Given the amount you need to cover face (coverage by the way, is very nice) the price which seems to be rediculous at first, justifies itself. I will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Quite frankly I'm pissed off! I was wanting to fork out my own AUD$300 just for my own, but when I emailed them and asked for some samples, all the colours are just too pink! The texture and everything was perfect, but the colours were not too accomodating for yellow based olive skin tones like mine. Looks like I'll have to throw my cash towards MAVEN cosmetics just for a good colour match. Sorry to sound so negative, but it's HIGHLY frustrating when you can't find a colour match in a great product! I swear it's the same thing whenever I find the perfect shoes I want, they just never seem to have them in my size!!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

POOR wallet...after 8 weeks of use, not a single break-out. I love how natural this foundation looks and it is a dream to blend...very little product is needed even if skin is less than perfect. It will last a year with daily use. My husband of 10+ years has picked on past foundations for a variety of reasons, but when I wear this all his comments are directed at how well I'm taking care of my skin...he doesn't even notice the foundation...just the even tone and slight dewy effect, all very natural. FYI I contacted La Prairie through their website and received a sample through the mail in less than a week. I requested "creme pale" because I'm the lightest in Chanel (nude) and the second lightest in most other brands, ie LM and MAC. They sent "creme peche" and it turned out to be a PERFECT match. Who knew? UPDATE: Still love this, but I went to our local counter and found that Porcelain Blush is a slightly better match although with LP there seems to be some leeway as both appear natural. I also purchased their powder foundation in ivoire today...great match and very quick to apply, a plus during rushed mornings. Will post a review soon.

At 45, I still have extremely problemmatic skin (post accutane, dermabrasion, etc) prone to breakouts. Make-up also tends to slide off my face. I've tried a number of foundations and I'm done looking - this is it. I use porcelain blush and as others have noted, you get great coverage with very little product. I've been using my current bottle since April - I would expect it will last me until February. Initial large upfront investment, but worth it.

Ok I got this baby as a sample courtesy of the gorgeous riapot-thanks Ria! I really didn't want to like this product because of the price it's £95 here in the UK (!!), but I think I'll get it off the website which is USD150 so about £15 off. Strawberrynet sells it too but they don't have Mocha-which is the colour for me in this range.

This foundation stays on quite well-I put it on 7am this morning and now it's 10 pm and it's still on! It has a velvet finish and it covers my flaws quite well. I'd imagine a full size of this would last me for a while. I only needed a few dots around my face and using clean fingers to blend it in. I didn't need to use concealer after blending this baby in.

So definite raves from me but not from my wallet! C'est la vie! Definitely getting the full size and the cute portable pen very very soon!