April 21, 2014 | 1508 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2004 2:51:00 AM More reviews by val_1980

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Before trying this skin caviar foundation, I virtually tried every known brands from cle de peau, chanel, gorgio armani, lancome, cd etc. I must say this is the IT foundation, after using this, i will never go back to any other brand. This foundation is so easy to apply, it almost glide on my skin and does not look flakey at all. After just a very light application, my face is brightened in a complete nature way, dewy in a sense. It also gives good coverage to my breakouts. I have to say this is really the best of the best. Worth every penny of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2004 4:15:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

Tried this as a sample before I "Invested"... I took on faith from some of the reviewers with oily skin like mine that this was a wonderful foundation. I didn't find it so. This product stayed matte for only a few hours and then melted much worse than most, probably because it's thicker and more opaque than most. This is a foundation for dry skin. My next problem was the color match... couldn't find a shade for my fair blue/red-toned skin. The closest color was much too dark and orange. Can't imagine that I contemplated spending $150 for this product... glad I tested first.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2004 11:29:00 AM More reviews by twinstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, i jumped on the bandwagon and asked for a sample to find out what all the hype was about. Very nice foundation, but in my case, it doesn't warrant the price, especially if you are only covering a couple of blemishes and/or a couple of dark areas. True that this gives excellent coverage and is very natural looking so I can understand the raves. But at $150 for this foundation...for me, this a no-brainer: lemming dead.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2004 11:20:00 AM More reviews by twinstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2004 4:26:00 PM More reviews by LauraChantel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I so wanted to hate this product. I begged LP for a sample of the caviar and I am now hooked. I've never used a more perfect foundation, and I've tried many from high to low end. EDIT: OK now that I have my dry skin under control this formula isn't quite as *perfect* on my skin as it once was. I find it to be somewhat *greasy* looking (I like in Humid Houston though). I am using it once in a while when the weather turns chilly, but for warmer weather there are better (and less costly) alternatives. Caviar takes YEARS off the face though, so if you have dry skin you should ask for a sample of this formula you will love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2004 9:51:00 PM More reviews by swicker

I so wanted to like this product as I will pay a lot of $$ for a HG foundation. Unfortunately, this did not work out. The lightest shade was still a little too dark for my PPP. Although the texture and coverage of this foundation truly is unparalled, it nonetheless, made my acne prone skin break out in what took a couple weeks to clear back up. *sigh* Oh well, I tried. Thank goodness it was only a sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2004 9:36:00 PM More reviews by baxterdog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic product, comes with a seperate little box of accoutrements, which include a fantastic quality brush for the concealor, a sponge for the foundation and a mirrored stand. The concealor is in the lid and is thick and creamy but blends in like a dream and I love the supplied brush its so soft, it doesnt drag the eye area at all. The foundation is beautiful, it is silken and leaves your skin feeling unbelievable! It truly kicks the ass of any other foundation I've used. It has this beautiful natural dewey finish, being so pale alot of full coverage foundations can leave me looking flat and ghostly, Its expensive but worth every penny, no makeup looks any good on a crappy foundation!

(By the way I bought this in an amazing deal from strawberrynet, a 13% discount because I hadnt shopped for a while on top of all of the usual generous strawberry discounts, plus 3 free quality lippys and a gess makeup kit + free shipping all for $150 new zealand dollars!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2004 5:29:00 PM More reviews by wwwHEATHERcom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After reading all of the wonderful reviews on this product, I had to go out and treat myself to this (without even sampling it). Thank God it was perfect! Because it's a lot of money. No one knows I bought this because it is $150, but I'd say it's well worth it. At first I wasn't too pleased with the amount of coverage, but now I think its enough. Everything about this product is supurb. The concealer also is the best, I think better than Cle de peau. The concealer brush, and the foundation sponge are both extremely good. And I love the way the foundation glides on. It's really smooth like velvet. I use a bronzer over it, and everyone tells me how beautiful my skin looks.

Just a little FYI, I have been using my Aromaleigh foundation/concealer and still love it!! So if you don't want to spend $150 for this, try the Aromaleigh. It's just as good, if not better. But I do think the La Prairie, glides on nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2004 6:52:00 AM More reviews by styliana

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation on the market in my opinion. I love it ! Worth every penny !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2004 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Cvanilla1

This is my first feedback on any item I have evr used but I had to write about this since it is AMAZING stuff. I have tried every possible foundation on the marker (mac, lancome, Armani, CdP, mercier, b-brown, chanel, dior, paula dorff, smashbox, make up forever, and so on).
I have combinationto very oily skin with occassional breakouts. This foundationd covers flawlessly and has the matching concealer right in the top of the product. I was always a fan of powder foundations but they can become cakey when retouched or just not soft/covering enough. This is my holy grail. I have used it for 2 weeks and my skin seems to be getting better day by day :)...no breakouts, no oilies, nothing,,,just radiant skin that people comliment on on the streets!!!(i touch up with a very fine powder from Guerlain which workd well in oder to remove shine)Beast buy, get a sample and try it for yourself...I'm in love