October 22, 2014 | 1687 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by luckyunlucky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

High Impact is my go-to mascara not because it is amazing, but because I haven't found something better. The price is good enough to make up for the mascara's shortcomings (flaking!). It is a bit watery of a formula, which means you can use a lot before it starts clumping. Compared to other mascaras I've tried, it is nowhere close to an "instant drama" effect. You need to play with it for a while before you get the drama. I like that about it, but some people hate that. After 30 seconds of wiggling, jiggling, etc I end up with my ideal lashes - long, curled, thick, but not fake looking.
The other reason I like this mascara is because it washes off with just water. Not that weird "warm water washoff" thing that Clinique has (which I find results in lost lashes and great irritation...) but I can remove this by dissolving it in warm water with a wash cloth.
It loses a lippie because this mascara gets flaky after a few hours. 99% of mascaras I've tried do this, and personally I'd rather a mascara be easily removable and flaky than rock solid and able to withstand anything. But still, if this mascara didn't flake it would be 5 lippies!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Andrea36MA

As a mascara this is fabulous! Lengthens, separates & you can build it for a night time look. My only gripe with this is for some reason it's messy and always ends up spilling over the top & can smudge onto your hands if you're not careful. Still love it though wouldn't stop my buying!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think they should have named this product Soft Impact instead of High Impact, as it is more of a soft and natural finish. If you prefer really dramatic lashes, this mascara may not be the best choice. To me, it's very similar to Full N' Soft, in that it doesn't get all dry and crumbly like lots of mascara. It also leaves lashes looking naturally fuller, but no false-lash effects. I prefer this as a daily use mascara since I don't want to look all crazy at work lol, so I have to say that I like this product. It's very buildable though, if you do want a fuller look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by rubypekepug

I have been searching for a replacement mascara after my beloved Max Factor 2000 calorie moved overseas and have been quite pleased with this. I have long, thin lashes and need volume, lift and curl. This mascara provides just that-plus it does not run and removes quite easily. It is on the wet side and I often blink over an extended finger to wipe off excess but it does not clump on me. I was hoping a less expensive drug store brand would work for me, but after trying L'Oreal voluminous waterproof (lacked volume), Maybelline the falsies waterproof (really thick and hard to remove), and CG lashblast fusion (waterproof) (needed several coats) this formula works the best.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Megan725

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a sample of this product and the product is horrible. The wand is okay. This mascara is clumpy and make my lashes go down ( I have straight eyelashes ). I was very disappointed and could have found a better mascara in the drugstore. Overall for the bad quality the price is not worth it. I would not recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by siddakid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this mascara!! it goes on really nicely, stays really well, and provides great length and volume! the price is also good for the quality. i find it to be quite wet and not as thick as most mascaras ive had but this isnt a bad thing its just different!
i have nothing bad to say about this mascara, it is probably my favourite

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by freespirit369

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite everyday mascara. I always get the freebies in the Clinique bonus. I like the straight, dense brush, and the consistency seems perfect to me. I have long, thin eyelashes that tend to look spidery, so after I apply mascara, I pinch the ends of my eyelashes to wipe the mascara off. This stays wet just long enough to allow me to do that. It also gives me just enough volume that my eyelashes look appropriately full. It doesn't clump at all. If you are wanting a more dramatic night look, then this one probably isn't for you, but for a more normal made up look, this is ideal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Momeramas

I don't understand how the name "high impact" relates to this product! It is adequate for everyday use, at best. Not clumpy or anything, but doesn't do much thickening, curling, or lengthening. Lancome has some great mascaras on the higher end, but there are so many other drugstore mascaras that are way better. I would buy Covergirl LashBlast before I got this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ASummers2012

I have fairly short eyelashes and its usually really hard for me to find a mascara that does all the things i want it to do e.g. lengthen & volumise and also not smudge; as i have oily eyelids and my eyes are very sensitive and water a lot.
This came in tester form in a pack from clinique and honestly, when i tried it, i straight away knew it was the best mascara for me.
i would highly recommend it for anyone who is my age, as it does clump a tiny bit and thats mostly the 'look' that teengers aspire for.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Eh......... it was ok. it was clumpy it volumized a little it lengthened a little.
It was a GWP anyway so...... yeah, my Mom gave it to me as my first mascara. would not buy at full price, full size